R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #976
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Too much initial turn-in

My 17.5/2S car has too much initial turn-in when I begin negotiating several corners on the high grip asphalt at NorCal Hobbies. Have red springs front and rear, Xray TC shock with blue Associated spring and 10,000# lube in the side tubes. Running spec tires. Suggestions?
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #977
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
My 17.5/2S car has too much initial turn-in when I begin negotiating several corners on the high grip asphalt at NorCal Hobbies. Have red springs front and rear, Xray TC shock with blue Associated spring and 10,000# lube in the side tubes. Running spec tires. Suggestions?
Reducing your toe-out will reduce the initial steering at corner entry.

Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:39 PM   #978
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
Reducing your toe-out will reduce the initial steering at corner entry.

Shawn.
Agreed. My toe is already at zero degrees.

I do also have the front stiffener plate in place...Maybe that should go?

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:39 AM   #979
Tech Elite
 
tallyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: palm city, fl
Posts: 2,594
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

shift some weight forward.. esc or receiver..
__________________
WWW.STORMERHOBBIES.COM helping keep pan cars alive!

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:36 AM   #980
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
My 17.5/2S car has too much initial turn-in when I begin negotiating several corners on the high grip asphalt at NorCal Hobbies. Have red springs front and rear, Xray TC shock with blue Associated spring and 10,000# lube in the side tubes. Running spec tires. Suggestions?
What is it doing mid corner and on corner exit?
Is it hooking the rear round on exit or is it pushing the front?
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:59 PM   #981
Tech Master
 
Troy Mckune's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,655
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

The stiffener should stay as removing will give you even more turn in steering. The rear shock and blue spring should be good. You need to stiffen up the dampener tubes to 50,000 and pod springs to green. You could ratchet up and try 30,000 first. This should take away corner entry steering. I assume you are running spec tires. Tire compound and camber are unknown but could make differences as well.

Good luck,

Troy

One more thing: I assume you are using the 10 degree reactive caster blocks. You could also play around with caster up front.
__________________
Mckune Design / facebook page / RC America / XRAY / Lunsford Racing
Mckune Design is a custom manufacturer of CNC machined carbon fiber, G10, & composite laminate parts for RC, Aerospace, medical, and high tech industries.
Troy Mckune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #982
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
shift some weight forward.. esc or receiver..
That's a good possibility. Thanks.
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #983
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo View Post
What is it doing mid corner and on corner exit?
Is it hooking the rear round on exit or is it pushing the front?
There is this initial oversteer; whereupon, I have to make a correction away from the apex before getting anywhere close to mid-corner. No pushing involved.
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #984
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Mckune View Post
The stiffener should stay as removing will give you even more turn in steering. The rear shock and blue spring should be good. You need to stiffen up the dampener tubes to 50,000 and pod springs to green. You could ratchet up and try 30,000 first. This should take away corner entry steering. I assume you are running spec tires. Tire compound and camber are unknown but could make differences as well.

Good luck,

Troy

One more thing: I assume you are using the 10 degree reactive caster blocks. You could also play around with caster up front.
Troy,

You offer many easy changes. I will play with all of them and the caster.

Yes. Stock tires (sometimes with pinks on the back) and 10 degree caster blocks.

Thanks.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:23 PM   #985
Tech Master
 
JamesArluck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,232
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JamesArluck
Default

goop up the front kingpins a bit, or glue the outer sidewalls on the front tires.
JamesArluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #986
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesArluck View Post
goop up the front kingpins a bit, or glue the outer sidewalls on the front tires.
I did glue the outer sidewalls as my first step; but, greasing the front kingpins is another option.

Thanks James.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:12 AM   #987
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Troy,

You offer many easy changes. I will play with all of them and the caster.

Yes. Stock tires (sometimes with pinks on the back) and 10 degree caster blocks.

Thanks.

Bill

10 blocks? I have only ever run the 5 blocks and have ample steering.
This is my current set up (13.5), note caster blocks and spacers.
I am running outdoors with GRP Pinks all round.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #988
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,775
Default

thicker tube oil, I've been running 30k at speedworld
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #989
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default CRC Gen-X 10 Single Cell Conversion

Had the time this very hot weekend to convert my Gen-X 10 over to single cell for the IIC.

Pictures attached.

Got a hold of a ThunderPower 5000 IS pack and based the build around that with an SPX ESC directly behind. With titanium screws the car weighs 940 with 56.5/58 mm spec tires.
Top deck was lowered to match the height of the battery

Wiring is not finalized until it gets the magic treatment by OD Purple.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
CRC 1/10 Pan Car-dsc01978.jpg   CRC 1/10 Pan Car-dsc01979.jpg  
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:21 AM   #990
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 175
Default

The Xray X10 shaft is adjusted to CRC gen x-10?

Thanks
__________________
http://jlsabucedo.wordpress.com
higbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:26 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0