R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #811
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX View Post
Did you ask Calandra? You can email them direct and they have their own forum on their website. I've never had them not answer an email.
Ditto! John has been great with my questions...

How to contact them:

General Information - info@teamcrc.com
Customer Service - john@teamcrc.com
Owner, Operator - frank@teamcrc.com

Bill
Old 05-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #812
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

HAVE A GENX10 CAR ALMOST BUILT WITH A PROLINE SOPHIA GT BODY,JACO SPEC TIRES FRONT AND REAR,BRAND NEW THUNDER TIGER TOOLS FOR THE CAR AND COMES WITH THE JRZ3650 SERVO. ALSO HAS A FEW PARTS WITH IT. ASKING 300.00

I HAVE A TEKIN RS REDLINE SYSTEM BRAND NEW 17.5 TURN SYSTEM
SALES FOR 300.00 I WILL SALE IT FOR $200.00

PRO MATCH BATTERIES 4 CELL 2 PACKS $40.00 FOR BOTH

EMAIL ME FOR PHOTOS!!!

MATTHEWSISTRUNK@YAHOO.COM
PUDDIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #813
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUDDIN View Post
HAVE A GENX10 CAR ALMOST BUILT WITH A PROLINE SOPHIA GT BODY,JACO SPEC TIRES FRONT AND REAR,BRAND NEW THUNDER TIGER TOOLS FOR THE CAR AND COMES WITH THE JRZ3650 SERVO. ALSO HAS A FEW PARTS WITH IT. ASKING 300.00

I HAVE A TEKIN RS REDLINE SYSTEM BRAND NEW 17.5 TURN SYSTEM
SALES FOR 300.00 I WILL SALE IT FOR $200.00

PRO MATCH BATTERIES 4 CELL 2 PACKS $40.00 FOR BOTH

EMAIL ME FOR PHOTOS!!!

MATTHEWSISTRUNK@YAHOO.COM
No need to post this every were. try the buy and sell area.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:00 PM   #814
Tech Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to ghiro

Hi folks!
New owner here! Great kit came together in a coupple of night's and it's almost ready to hit the track.Prior to do that i would like to ask a coupple of questions.
1) I'll use my car in huge outdoors tracks,the first motor i choose for learning is a 7,5L Novak velociti,i'm plannning in future to step to something around 4.5R as soon as i'm feeling good enough to handle the car.
Now the problem here is that i'm looking for an esc that could be used around air temp's next to 55/65C with very high gearing/ long rollout.
Pan cars are not so hard with motors,but some people around here did blow many esc's cause of fans/Bec failures with LRP's and thermal shutdowns with GTB's,i don't care about system's like SpeedPassionGT's since i've one on a sedan and don't feel the smooth response i can get with a sensor lead attached.
I don't think a sensorless system is the right choice,not for this car.
I know some folks using this cars in hot places like NM,AZ and Texas having similar temp's,what esc's (and tires) you guys suggest in hot days? My needs are using two fans and hopefully have an heatsink.

2) I'm used to T.bar,when needed i'm messing around the tbar screws to set the car straight,i'havent found anything on the instruction manual. How do i tweek the car?

Any suggestion is apreciated
Thanks!

Last edited by ghiro; 05-04-2009 at 05:59 PM.
ghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:59 PM   #815
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghiro View Post
Hi folks!
New owner here! Great kit came together in a coupple of night's and it's almost ready to hit the track.Prior to do that i would like to ask a coupple of questions.
1) I'll use my car in huge outdoors tracks,the first motor i choose for learning is a 7,5L Novak velociti,i'm plannning in future to step to something around 4.5R as soon as i'm feeling good enough to handle the car.
Now the problem here is that i'm looking for an esc that could be used around air temp's next to 55/65C with very high gearing/ long rollout.
Pan cars are not so hard with motors,but some people around here did blow many esc's cause of fans/Bec failures with LRP's and thermal shutdowns with GTB's,i don't care about system's like SpeedPassionGT's since i've one on a sedan and don't feel the smooth response i can get with a sensor lead attached.
I don't think a sensorless system is the right choice,not for this car.
I know some folks using this cars in hot places like NM,AZ and Texas having similar temp's,what esc's (and tires) you guys suggest in hot days? My needs are using two fans and hopefully have an heatsink.

2) I'm used to T.bar,when needed i'm messing around the tbar screws to set the car straight,i'havent found anything on the instruction manual. How do i tweek the car?

Any suggestion is apreciated
Thanks!

You adjust the tweak of the car by adjusting the hieght of the side springs.

Since this is the first time taking the car out, I would start with something alittle slower (13.5BL or 19T Brushed) , unless you are very experienced with a pan car. I run a 10.5 with a 2S Lipo, and the car is blinding fast. Takes some getting used to, and a good setup to handle the power.

Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #816
Tech Master

Thumbs up

TWEEK

Ghiro if you do not have a tweek bar try this.

Measure across the front of the chassis or bumper to find the center of the front of the car. Adjust the tweek screws until they are just touching what ever they are supposed to rest on, then tighten 1/2 turn. Use an Xacto knife or narrow blade screwdriver and lift the chassis at the center point until the front tires lift off the surface they are sitting on. One side will lift before the other. Do this with the damper tubes disconnected. Looking at the car from the fornt, Example, if the right tire lifts first turn the left side tweek screw in one turn, back the right side screw out one turn. Do this until both front tires lift at the same time. This will get you pretty close. Set the tweek with the car as ready to race, everything in place except the body. Hope I explained it properly GOOD LUCK .

Tomrrow evenig will be our first spring race we have decided to run 4cell pan. I'm going to start with a ASSOC 10L2 with Novak GTB and 10.5.
THEBIGBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #817
Tech Master

Thumbs up

TWEEK

If you do not have a tweek bar try this.

Measure across the front of the chassis or bumper to find the center of the front of the car. Adjust the tweek screws until they are just touching what ever they are supposed to rest on, then tighten 1/2 turn. Use an Xacto knife or narrow blade screwdriver and lift the chassis at the center point until the front tires lift off the surface they are sitting on. One side will lift before the other. Do this with the damper tubes disconnected. Looking at the car from the fornt, Example, if the right tire lifts first turn the left side tweek screw in one turn, back the right side screw out one turn. Do this until both front tires lift at the same time. This will get you pretty close. Set the tweek with the car as ready to race, everything in place except the body. Hope I explained it properly..

OOOOPPPPSSS double post!!!!!
THEBIGBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:17 AM   #818
Tech Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to ghiro

Ok,great guys,thanks a lot,it's the same procedure i was doing to tweek the Tbar car (i've had a corally 10X) so the tweek screws are those that keep pressure on the pivot ball,right?

About the motor: well tracks are very big around here,mostly 1/8 tracks .Indoor racing isn't developed as in other Eu countries since we've a lot of good weather all year around.The Novak Light7.5 is a mild motor for the lenght of the tracks i'm used to.The guys i'm plaiyng with they are all using 4.5's and a coupple of 5.5R's and the best part of the game is chasing nitro sedans and battle around best lap times. . . that's the game here.
Most of the times the problem is dealing the car with several 1/8's around the track and it's better be fast to move away when those thinks are screaming at your back.

Last edited by ghiro; 05-05-2009 at 04:30 AM.
ghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:50 AM   #819
Tech Adept

What measures are used nut drivers in the car?
higbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #820
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ok folks an indoor carpet track is opening up in June and needing some carpet setups foams/springs etc... I been running 235mm setup with pink rears and purple fronts for aphalt. I am setting my car back up to 200mm.

Any recommendations for those running on carpet would be helpful.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #821
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

what will the new longer clamping rear pod links do for handling?

I run asphalt
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:09 AM   #822
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Does anyone make a steel front axle? I briefly remember someone mentioning it one time, but can't get the search tool to cough it up. I worry about the durability of the aluminum. I actually had a thread buggered up a little, and when threading on the lock nut it broke the threaded portion off off the axle. Is my example a freak thing? or are these things temperamental? The car hasn't been on the track yet.

Ben

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:51 AM   #823
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
Does anyone make a steel front axle? I briefly remember someone mentioning it one time, but can't get the search tool to cough it up. I worry about the durability of the aluminum. I actually had a thread buggered up a little, and when threading on the lock nut it broke the threaded portion off off the axle. Is my example a freak thing? or are these things temperamental? The car hasn't been on the track yet.

Ben
Ben,

I have not had any issue with the stock X 10 front axles myself (knock on wood); but, Team Tamale (www.teamtamale.com) offers an "improved" version of them. Having met Larry Bradshaw at the IIC, I bought them as replacements.

Larry's description from his website...

"CRC GenX Front Axle @ $9.50 per pair

These axles are made from the same high grade 7075 aircraft grade aluminum as all of my touring car parts. These have shown to be stronger and less prone to breaking than the stock parts. These have a 4-40 set screw instead of the aluminum threads to retain the wheel."

And I have nothing but respect for Larry's fine products. Using his other specialty parts on my RDX.

Bill
Old 05-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #824
Tech Champion

Just found this announcement on the ROAR website...Heard rumors; but, here is the skinny...I'm getting on board!

Announcements

May 06, 2009
The ROAR Executive Committee proudly announces that with the introduction of lithium polymer battery technology into the ROAR rules a little more than 16 months ago electric rc racing in the US has seen a major shift in the predominant battery technology being used by our racing members and sold by our manufacturing affiliates. Lipo batteries have been embraced by rc racers across this country and it is the battery technology choice of today and the foreseeable future for 1/10th and 1/8th electric on and off road racing. In ROAR’s effort to be leaders in the implementation of new technologies the switch to predominantly lipo racing has left one group of racers without a good viable lipo solution for competitive racing and that has been those using 4 cell NiMh mainly in pan cars for 1/12th and 1/10th on road racing.

This has now changed with the development of the first ROAR approved 1s hard case 3.7v batteries designed specifically for 1/12th and 1/10th pan cars and the introduction of this battery technology into ROAR lipo battery rules and 1/12th On Road and 1/10th WGT class rules. The class rules for 1/12th and WGT will remain unchanged with the exception of minimum weights as follows:

1s 1/12th: 730 gr
1s WGT: 930 gr.

Stock will still run 17.5 brushless, Super Stock 13.5 brushless and mod will be open mod. These new classes will be separate classes and there are no plans for parity combination classes of lipo and round cells. The round cell class weight rules will remain in the rule book for the foreseable future.

The intent of these rules is to provide those track/clubs with existing lipo pan car classes, or those track/clubs whishing to start lipo pan car classes a national set of rules for the upcoming ’09-’10 on road carpet season and an eventual move to lipo/brushless only for ROAR electric on road and off road national events possibly as early as 2010.

1s Lipo 1/12th and 1/10th racing has been on the rise for some time now. It has been tested by many across the country and the results have been positive. Lower weights, lighter, nimbler cars, with a little less rip and wear in all areas have added up to competitive, close and fun racing for those that have already made the jump to 1s lipo.

------

THANKS ROAR FOR PUTTING IT OUT THERE...

Bill
Old 05-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #825
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Ben,

I have not had any issue with the stock X 10 front axles myself (knock on wood); but, Team Tamale (www.teamtamale.com) offers an "improved" version of them. Having met Larry Bradshaw at the IIC, I bought them as replacements.

Larry's description from his website...

"CRC GenX Front Axle @ $9.50 per pair

These axles are made from the same high grade 7075 aircraft grade aluminum as all of my touring car parts. These have shown to be stronger and less prone to breaking than the stock parts. These have a 4-40 set screw instead of the aluminum threads to retain the wheel."

And I have nothing but respect for Larry's fine products. Using his other specialty parts on my RDX.

Bill

Thanks man. I'll keep my fingers crossed and that link handy.

Ben

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote