Old 02-09-2008, 11:56 PM   #61
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:09 AM   #62
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to scottk

What would be the best lola body to get ?

cheers
Scotty
scottk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:21 AM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottk View Post
What would be the best lola body to get ?

cheers
Scotty
Get this one: http://www.serpent.com/product/170016

Its the Serpent 200mm GTP body. Its got great steering characteristics, and good downforce, and much nicer looks than the nasty looking protoform 200mm lolas.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #64
Tech Elite

Default CRC

I'm going with the CRC...I've run their carpet knife 3.2 and T-Fource cars, as well as their 200mm CRC Pantoura 1/10 pan car. They're quality is great and their car is Lipo friendly...too bad the BMI car was made only for 4 cell and saddle pack Lipo. They have their good reasons, though.

Now to sell some TCs to make some extra room for this bad boy
Old 02-12-2008, 07:30 AM   #65
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds View Post
this car with 6cell or lipo and a 3.5 or a 4.5 will kill 1/10 sedan any day even 4cell i think will bet out a nitro car.
my 1/12 with 4cell and a 9t motor was faster infield than nitro
cant wait for this.

thinking pink rear/x2pink front.
You dont need 6 cell nimh or 7.4v Lipo and 3.5 or 4.5BL to fly past nitro and mod tcs...actually, its over kill. All you need is 6 cell and 10.5BL or 7.4v Lipo and 10.5BL and you WILL be faster than Mod TC's or Nitros per lap on a med size track. But if you want to go even faster, 5.5BL is the most you'll need...to run circles around gas or electric TCs
Old 02-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #66
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
You dont need 6 cell nimh or 7.4v Lipo and 3.5 or 4.5BL to fly past nitro and mod tcs...actually, its over kill. All you need is 6 cell and 10.5BL or 7.4v Lipo and 10.5BL and you WILL be faster than Mod TC's or Nitros per lap on a med size track. But if you want to go even faster, 5.5BL is the most you'll need...to run circles around gas or electric TCs
ya i know i was just over doing it a bit,and im one on you,i dont have any tc's to sell
this is going to be a good class i think.hope.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:38 AM   #67
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
I find it funny that all you guys want to run Lipo when NONE of you have the nerve to run mod sedan. Guess what...a 17.5 and a lipo pack in any of these cars will go FASTER than a Mod 6 cell sedan.

I started racing with 1/10th pan cars back in 1989. Our equipment was pretty hurting back then. I normal guy could buy a car and a stock motor and get going without too much trouble.

You guys are knocking something I doubt most of you have actually tried.
Wow, Haven't been here in a while. Please don't tell me that I don't have the nerve to run MOD TC . I have "manned-up" and run Mod TC before, and honestly found it to be a huge pain in the ass. It wasn't as fast or as difficult to drive as a mod 12th scaler. It was however WAAAAY more expensive, and a ton more work. Believe it or not, there are folks who don't see TC as the premier class in On-road racing.

Adrian, I've been doing this just as long as you have, and I was really kinda joking about LIPO, 3.5 in these things. I remember running six-cell mod, and yes these cars would be way too fast with current competition electronics, for most folks. But I'll tell ya what, if we get guys who wanna do it, I'll run it. Sometimes running a car that's grossly over-powered is a ton of fun. Maybe we'd bring some finesse back to on-road, now that we never have to worry about dumping anymore.

On the LIPO front, we have to be ready, as it's coming. As a 12th scaler by nature, I'm not really looking forward to it, because it doesn't equate to four-cell at all, but it's coming none-the-less.

So I guess we'll be running LIPO and 17.5 for stock in 10th pan?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #68
Tech Regular

I like the look of the new crc. Imho versatility of it is going to get you a lot of sales .

What you guys need to rememeber is that even though you may race on a small track there are plenty of big tracks out there that these cars are awsome to run on.

I ran an evo10 with lipo and 5.5 sintered novak and it was hiting around 70mph and a lot of fun, but I still need a faster motor and the car is very drivable.

What I would love to see is all area of electric rc try to make cars and classes of racing design for 7.4v stick packs. Needed to have specific packs for all the different class is doing a lot of damage to the hobby.

If I race at a big outdoor track I run my 7.4v stick pack and a low turn motor. If I want to race indoors on carpet I run same pack but to a 13.5 limit. No need for different batteries. Most importantly it makes life easy for the consumers, they go into a hobby shop and buy a battery for an rc car. Not a battery for one very specific application.

I know 1/12 can not fit these stick packs but that is the only class with the problem out of all the rc world. So I would not like to see the problem of 1/12 transfered to pro10.

I can guarantee that you will enjoy using lipo's.

I agree with you about the mod tc racing. With all the rotating components the wear and tear is terrible, and I was not even running a spool wich makes driveshafts last a handfull of runs. That's why it will be worth while to promote pro10 as an unlimited speed car. Can run with slow speeds and have fun, but if you want to crack the horsepower up the car can handle anything you throw at it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Wow, Haven't been here in a while. Please don't tell me that I don't have the nerve to run MOD TC . I have "manned-up" and run Mod TC before, and honestly found it to be a huge pain in the ass. It wasn't as fast or as difficult to drive as a mod 12th scaler. It was however WAAAAY more expensive, and a ton more work. Believe it or not, there are folks who don't see TC as the premier class in On-road racing.

Adrian, I've been doing this just as long as you have, and I was really kinda joking about LIPO, 3.5 in these things. I remember running six-cell mod, and yes these cars would be way too fast with current competition electronics, for most folks. But I'll tell ya what, if we get guys who wanna do it, I'll run it. Sometimes running a car that's grossly over-powered is a ton of fun. Maybe we'd bring some finesse back to on-road, now that we never have to worry about dumping anymore.

On the LIPO front, we have to be ready, as it's coming. As a 12th scaler by nature, I'm not really looking forward to it, because it doesn't equate to four-cell at all, but it's coming none-the-less.

So I guess we'll be running LIPO and 17.5 for stock in 10th pan?

Last edited by JevUK; 02-13-2008 at 09:55 AM.
JevUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:06 AM   #69
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
Get this one: http://www.serpent.com/product/170016

Its the Serpent 200mm GTP body. Its got great steering characteristics, and good downforce, and much nicer looks than the nasty looking protoform 200mm lolas.
I agree the serpent bodies are better looking.
knapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:05 AM   #70
Tech Apprentice

I am so getting one of these! 7.4 lipo and a 3.5 brushless for me.
Blind Skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:24 AM   #71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Does anyone know how the progress is going? I am excited about getting my new car and am just wondering if it will be the middle of march or will it be later.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

did the gen x 10 start shipping yet? does anyone know the measurements for the lipo packs that will fit this car?
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:08 AM   #73
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
did the gen x 10 start shipping yet? does anyone know the measurements for the lipo packs that will fit this car?
Was just thinking about this. I haven't got any e-mails saying they have, and nothing on the site.

It's mid-March, do you know where your GenX10 is?
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:41 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
You can fit most hard case ones including the SMC 4000 and 5000.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #75
Tech Apprentice

CRC site now says early April...
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote