CRC 1/10 Pan Car >

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Old 01-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default weighted battery tray

..Could you guys tell me where you get the weighted battery tray when running lipo?

Also, on that note, if i'm using a 5000MAH lipo with a 'weighted' battery tray will this put me over the minimum weight, and by roughly how much?

Thanks for any help.

-Steve
Old 01-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bsmooth
..Could you guys tell me where you get the weighted battery tray when running lipo?

Also, on that note, if i'm using a 5000MAH lipo with a 'weighted' battery tray will this put me over the minimum weight, and by roughly how much?

Thanks for any help.

-Steve
I'm running the stock tray, Yeah! Racing 5000 mAh lipo and a 21.5 Novak. The car is 1 oz. over weight at 2 lbs. 9 oz. The losi metal lipo tray can be ordered from just about anywhere if you need it. My LHS keeps them in stock and I'll pick one up if I need to switch to a lighter battery. Right now everything fits like a glove with no slipping or space issues at all.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thanks for any help.

-Steve
Here you go Steve...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/33168

Did you get one???

I built mine basicly stock, buy used 30,000wt oil on the damper tubes. I have tryed a 30lb rear spring, but that didn't change much..

email me if you have any questions... [email protected]
Old 01-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks for any help.

-Steve
I'd suggest setting the car up and getting it balanced before buying a tray. After I balanced mine to make up for the ESC being heavier. I was very close to min weight with stock tray and IP3800 battery.

My battery is prob. a good 1.5-2.0 oz lighter then yours.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:40 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info boys.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default ball links are too tight!

Ok, so i'm building the car, and I notice the rear plate links are too tight. The plate doesn't seem to move freely, and is very sticky. I squeezed them with some pliers, and this helped a little, but they are still too tight!

And yes, I have already loosened up the middle ball.

What do you guys do to remedy this?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 02-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

keep using plyers the new balls for the side links are a little bigger on purpose
Old 02-01-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi together

I just uploaded some videos on my youtube portal http://de.youtube.com/user/stecher111 from a Pro10 race held in Metteheim in south Germany. Its in fact a very nice Racetrack with some challenging corners

enjoy
Old 02-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by smyka
keep using plyers the new balls for the side links are a little bigger on purpose
Thanks, i'll do that.
Was there a problem with the links popping off on the smaller balls? I currently have a GenX-12, and have never had an issue with the links popping off (and the movement has been very free from the beginning).

Thanks again,
Steve
Old 02-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Default New IRS Axle Assembly for Gen-X 10

Although Dave Irrgang doesn't yet show it on the IRS website yet, I did order and receive one of his complete axle sets for my Gen-X 10. Dave bills it as a "WGT" axle.

Assembled it last night and the fixment is excellent. Thanks Dave.

Will get the Slapmaster treatment when those parts arrive...he, he, he. Should have more information after I test and race at the reborn NorCal Hobbies carpet track tomorrow.

Last edited by Still Bill; 02-07-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

can anyone help me figure out the proper gearing for WGT? I am running a Trinity Pulse 13.5 on 4cell. The track is a medium size and has medium to high traction. Im not good at figuring roll out. Any help with finding out a starting gearing point well be very appreciated.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default traction rolling!!

Guys, could any of you give me some ideas on how to get rid of this? I'm running on a high traction carpet track.

Symptoms: Car has a ton of front and rear grip. I can go into a corner pretty hard, turn it in and its ok. But I have to let it roll through the corner. If i pick up the throttle before or slightly after the apex, the car will bicycle, or snap roll!

Heres my setup (from memory)

Jaco spec tires trued to 56mm (front sidewalls glued)
Blue (x-firm springs in front)
2 deg camber
#5 castor blocks (i think- not a lot of caster anyway)
0 deg toe
4.5mm ride height all the way around
red side springs
30,000 in the tubes
race droop= level
kit losi shock spring
kit shock oil
kit battery tray w/ 5000 ma lipo
195mm front width
200mm rear width
middle hole wheelbase (kit setup)

That's all i can think of.

I'm going to try the heay losi battery tray next, but what else can i do?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 02-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Guys, could any of you give me some ideas on how to get rid of this? I'm running on a high traction carpet track.

Symptoms: Car has a ton of front and rear grip. I can go into a corner pretty hard, turn it in and its ok. But I have to let it roll through the corner. If i pick up the throttle before or slightly after the apex, the car will bicycle, or snap roll!

Thanks,
Steve
Steve,

Yep! I experienced the same thing when the traction came up on my first race at Chico.

You didn't notice how Doug (and Marshall) successfully runs itty-bitty tires at Chico when the traction goes up...they be way under 56mm.

Get it down to 4mm ride height too.

The Losi steel tray will make you way over weight with a 5000 pack. Last resort; but, maybe necessary if the above two suggestions don't take care of your issue completely.

Bill
Old 02-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Steve,

Yep! I experienced the same thing when the traction came up on my first race at Chico.

You didn't notice how Doug (and Marshall) successfully runs itty-bitty tires at Chico when the traction goes up...they be way under 56mm.

Get it down to 4mm ride height too.

The Losi steel tray will make you way over weight with a 5000 pack. Last resort; but, maybe necessary if the above two suggestions don't take care of your issue completely.

Bill
Thanks Bill,
i'll try that. were you up there this past weekend?
Old 02-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks Bill,
i'll try that. were you up there this past weekend?
Was tempted; but, the 3+ hour drive each way is hard to justify when NorCal is 20 minutes away. Probably will just show up for the final weekend because A-Main is so cool.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.