R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2009, 11:30 PM   #646
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13evo View Post
going thru the thread couldnt find the part # for the spring kit for the fronts and rears. anyone remember the number by any chance.
You will find them on the CRC website...
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #647
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,278
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

I've done a search and can't find anything useful at this point, so I'll ask:

What would be a good starting point for gearing if I'm running a 21.5 lipo setup for my CRC Gen-X 10?

Looking at the Novak site and comparing 1/12 to 1/10 and 17.5 to 21.5. I'd guess I should be very very confused. For VTA we have the 4.2 ceiling and there is really nothing else to compare it with. The motor should be able to handle mid 3s to mid 4s, but somehow come up with numbers in the low 2s trying to get a 83 mm rollout.

I'm so lost.
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #648
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
I've done a search and can't find anything useful at this point, so I'll ask:

What would be a good starting point for gearing if I'm running a 21.5 lipo setup for my CRC Gen-X 10?

Looking at the Novak site and comparing 1/12 to 1/10 and 17.5 to 21.5. I'd guess I should be very very confused. For VTA we have the 4.2 ceiling and there is really nothing else to compare it with. The motor should be able to handle mid 3s to mid 4s, but somehow come up with numbers in the low 2s trying to get a 83 mm rollout.

I'm so lost.
I'll have to double check this (spur size), but I believe I'm running a 75T spur and I know pinion is 32T (48P). Tires are 2.180 dia. and rollout is close to 3.0 or 74mm.

Running speed pasion 21.5, on med sized carpet track. I'm close to speed of 13.5 4 cell with a little lacking low end power. temps 140-150 range after 5-6 min.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #649
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,278
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
I'll have to double check this (spur size), but I believe I'm running a 75T spur and I know pinion is 32T (48P). Tires are 2.180 dia. and rollout is close to 3.0 or 74mm.

Running speed pasion 21.5, on med sized carpet track. I'm close to speed of 13.5 4 cell with a little lacking low end power. temps 140-150 range after 5-6 min.
Thanks for the quick response Vern. Now I can at least practice from square one instead of hunting for it.

64 p, 92/40 (or 110/48 if it fits), FDR of 2.3, rollout 2.98 inches/75.59 mm
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:34 AM   #650
Tech Regular
 
s13evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 361
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

hey guys,

would a shorter or longer wheelbase give more rear grip on the gen10?
and would a wider or shorter width Track give more rear grip?
s13evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:02 AM   #651
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,278
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Thanks for the quick response Vern. Now I can at least practice from square one instead of hunting for it.

64 p, 92/40 (or 110/48 if it fits), FDR of 2.3, rollout 2.98 inches/75.59 mm
Special thank to Verndog! Absolute Pure Speed. 100/43 @ 2.97" rollout was perfect. Even without a body this thing was hanging with the oval cars Saturday morning. I get to run with a C6R body tonight on the road course, time permitting. I was running the CRC WGT Lilac control tires, out of the box, uncut with Jack on the back tires only and they worked perfectly. The front was nailed down and didn't need compound.
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #652
Tech Addict
 
Chemical X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 624
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know when Calandra will post a blank setup sheet for the GenX-10 on their website? Or when they will post a baseline setup?

In the meantime, has anyone created a template to use as a setup sheet?

Thanks.
Chemical X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #653
Tech Master
 
espresso1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,100
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Here is a blank one from one of the Japanese Team CRC members.

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=1928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical X View Post
Does anyone know when Calandra will post a blank setup sheet for the GenX-10 on their website? Or when they will post a baseline setup?

In the meantime, has anyone created a template to use as a setup sheet?

Thanks.
__________________
www.cityofangelstshirts.com
espresso1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #654
Tech Addict
 
Chemical X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 624
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by espresso1967 View Post
Here is a blank one from one of the Japanese Team CRC members.

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=1928
Thanks.
Chemical X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #655
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Special thank to Verndog! Absolute Pure Speed. 100/43 @ 2.97" rollout was perfect. Even without a body this thing was hanging with the oval cars Saturday morning. I get to run with a C6R body tonight on the road course, time permitting. I was running the CRC WGT Lilac control tires, out of the box, uncut with Jack on the back tires only and they worked perfectly. The front was nailed down and didn't need compound.
Excellent...its a fun class for sure. I was surprised once I hit the gearing, new Trinity 35c 3800 lipo, and speed passion 21.5, I am able to hang with the 13.5 4 cells very well. The Orion 3600 25c wasn't quite as competitive.

You'll want to cut those tires down to max dia. of 2.2 for sure (they come at 2.380). It makes a very big difference.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:20 PM   #656
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,278
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

Copied from another Thread:

Torque steer is not my friend. I ran my CRC geared at 100/40 with a 21.5/lipo and could not get rid of it. Half way down the back stretch I try to ease into more throttle and the rear end kicks to the right every single time anywhere from half to full throttle. I'm running the spec CRC tires. I'm thinking I have to go a lot smaller on the pinion and larger on the spur just to make it driveable. Is my thinking wrong? Rollout is around 2.76" at present. I did manage to break a steering block while I was at it. Spares on the way...

Thanks for the heads up Vern.
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:35 AM   #657
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyka View Post
try this tommys car was on rails in ohio \\\
I pretty much run his set up on my car except I run bigger tires to hold more dope on our low traction carpet and no rear steer. My car is very smooth and very fast.
I tried running the tire size he ran but I can't keep the rearend under the car after the 3.5min mark. I think they got away with that small of tire because the traction is so high in cleveland. None the less it is a pretty damn good set up and I thank him for posting it for us all.
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #658
Tech Master
 
espresso1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,100
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Hey buddy need help getting at least three more peeps to get a class going for pro 10 at Crystal Park. New layout, great traction when sprayed with DHT. Are you coming back to L.A. this year? I'm still here and fine tuning my my car and driving skills. Still need work but I think I got past the newbie stage and have a little bit of knowledge I have aquired over the year.

Now this goes out to anyone else in the Los Angeles area that might be interested in Pro 10 class 3 more makes a class and great big track for 3.5 with the Protoform p905.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13evo View Post
thanks espresso, that means i gotta get good at driving it so i dont crash when i get the P905 lol.

man i used to hit up the compton track with my tc car all the time when i lived in LA. hopefully ill be back there sometime next year, hopefully youll still have your CRC then.
__________________
www.cityofangelstshirts.com
espresso1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:52 PM   #659
Tech Regular
 
s13evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 361
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by espresso1967 View Post
Hey buddy need help getting at least three more peeps to get a class going for pro 10 at Crystal Park. New layout, great traction when sprayed with DHT. Are you coming back to L.A. this year? I'm still here and fine tuning my my car and driving skills. Still need work but I think I got past the newbie stage and have a little bit of knowledge I have aquired over the year.

Now this goes out to anyone else in the Los Angeles area that might be interested in Pro 10 class 3 more makes a class and great big track for 3.5 with the Protoform p905.

darn wont be in la till end of this year.
s13evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:15 AM   #660
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 48
Default

Hi guys,

Ive just got a GenX10 in order to hit my huge local asphalt track. Im planning to start with brushless 8,5t 2s lipo pack. Ive never race 10th scale pancars and Ive no clue in the ratio side. I even doubt the pinion to start with (std 110 spur). By the way I guess will be better to use 48 pitch spur on the asphalt, aint it?
Any help quite apreciated

A picture of my ride. Later I soldered the motor wires by the backside of the tab and I gotta sort the lenght of the esc battery wires.
mccrash59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:15 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0