Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC 1/10 Pan Car >

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Old 11-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks for the help John...the spur I'm running actually is a Kimbrough.

Got the remaining electronics installed last night...I will follow with a pic. Using the Manutech ride height shims, and Kevlar bumper with CRC foam.

So...I am having issues getting turning radius the same R & L and noticed that my camber is a full 1+ deg more on one side (2.0 and 3.0). I dont see any other way to adjust other then shim the lower "front end riser" plate at the screws between plate and chassis...is this correct? I wonder why one side turned out steeper then the other if this is the case?

To CRC...why nothing on setup or adjustment at the end of the manual?? There's talk about later adjustment that never gets covered. Instructions are good...but a very important section to really reduce frustration and enjoy dialing is missing.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
So...I am having issues getting turning radius the same R & L and noticed that my camber is a full 1+ deg more on one side (2.0 and 3.0). I dont see any other way to adjust other then shim the lower "front end riser" plate at the screws between plate and chassis...is this correct? I wonder why one side turned out steeper then the other if this is the case?
To adjust the camber you screw the captured ball in and out. (the one that at the top of the front suspension. ) I am normally able to change camber without even removing the front wheels.

When you turn the ball counter clock wise it will decrease the camber.

Shawn.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:47 AM
Tech Addict

New to pan cars here. I have a TC and setup station for it. How do I know how much camber & toe I have in my Gen-X10? Do I need a camber gauge like I used for offroad? How about toe? Thanks and feel free to laugh at my ignorance
Old 11-19-2008, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

I went to the track last weekend to help my dad sorte out his new CRC 10th scale car and made a few laps with it and man it seems pretty good for being right out of the box. I think I'm gonna pick one up this week also.

I was wondering does anyone have a good set up for the front end for carpet? I set his car up at like 3.5mm ride height and cut the tires down some to get rid of the traction rolls then it seemed pretty good but I'm sure there is more in it yet.

Thanks

Lon
Old 11-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FOXY923
New to pan cars here. I have a TC and setup station for it. How do I know how much camber & toe I have in my Gen-X10? Do I need a camber gauge like I used for offroad? How about toe? Thanks and feel free to laugh at my ignorance
Yes, a cheap camber gauge will suffice. Try -1 degree for a start. I am usually between -1 and -1.5.

Without spending a lot of money, just making sure your front wheels are parallel to the lines on a setup board will suffice. That will provide 0 degrees of toe...my starting point for all race cars.

And I just returned to pan cars after a long hiatus. Was totally into TC; but, the rubber tires issues have become daunting (and expensive).

Bill
Old 11-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Yes, a cheap camber gauge will suffice. Try -1 degree for a start. I am usually between -1 and -1.5.

Without spending a lot of money, just making sure your front wheels are parallel to the lines on a setup board will suffice. That will provide 0 degrees of toe...my starting point for all race cars.

And I just returned to pan cars after a long hiatus. Was totally into TC; but, the rubber tires issues have become daunting (and expensive).

Bill
Thanks. I thought those lines on the setup board were for something
Old 11-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
I went to the track last weekend to help my dad sorte out his new CRC 10th scale car and made a few laps with it and man it seems pretty good for being right out of the box. I think I'm gonna pick one up this week also.

I was wondering does anyone have a good set up for the front end for carpet? I set his car up at like 3.5mm ride height and cut the tires down some to get rid of the traction rolls then it seemed pretty good but I'm sure there is more in it yet.

Thanks

Lon
Lon,

I have everything on my X 10 front end set in the mid positions. Two shims behind the upper arm and one in front.

Am running the Protoform Alfa Sophia body which seems to have an advantage over the Corvette for down force in fast sweeper corners.

Bill
Old 11-20-2008, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

So you like the Alfa over the Saleen even?
Old 11-20-2008, 06:39 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nice looking car. Two quick questions

1. Is that a receiver pack infront of your speedcontrol, if so why use one?
2. what motor is that and what company makes it?
Old 11-20-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Darkseid

1. I was wondering the same thing but I think it could be a capacitor for the esc?

2. Looks like a brushless motor from eXpress Motorsports.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Darkseid

The motor is the new Trinity 17.5 BL--Jim Dieter version. There a little hard to find still...Got mine here.
http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...07555e0047ee38

In front of the ESC is a "super capacitor" for the Speed Pasion V1.1 speed control. Speed control is a bit larger then my LRP so I had to seperate the capaciror and extend the wire a bit from where I ran on my 007.

Plenty of room on this chassis to spread things out. Sitting just like it is without adding any weight, I'm within 1 oz of balance (needs 1 oz on R side). I moved the electronics around several times and this was the best scenario for adding the least weight to any one side.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Addict

The motor is the new Trinity 17.5 BL--Jim Dieter version. There a little hard to find still...Got mine here.

In front of the ESC is a "super capacitor" for the Speed Pasion V1.1 speed control. Speed control is a bit larger then my LRP so I had to seperate the capaciror and extend the wire a bit from where I ran on my 007.

Plenty of room on this chassis to spread things out. Sitting just like it is without adding any weight, I'm within 1 oz of balance (needs 1 oz on R side). I moved the electronis around and this was the best scenario foor adding the least weight to any one side.
I see your running lipo, what rollout are you running and what type of track are you running it on? You say your 1oz from balance but what is the total weight right now? Have you considered adding the Losi weighted lipo tray?

I'm getting into a class in my local area that runs the Orion 2400 lipo & Novak 17.5 exclusively. Just trying to get a feel for things while I build my car. Thanks
Old 11-20-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FOXY923
I see your running lipo, what rollout are you running and what type of track are you running it on? You say your 1oz from balance but what is the total weight right now? Have you considered adding the Losi weighted lipo tray?

I'm getting into a class in my local area that runs the Orion 2400 lipo & Novak 17.5 exclusively. Just trying to get a feel for things while I build my car. Thanks
Tomarrow is first day on track...rollout TBD but I think I'm around 2.4 now. Haven't worried about total weight yet...If I need a weighted trey, I'll prob. just machine my own.

Last edited by Verndog; 11-20-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Tomarrow is first day on track...rollout TBD but I think I'm around 2.7 now. Haven't worried about total weight yet...If I need a weighted trey, I'll prob. just machine my own.
I realized who I was asking after posting
Old 11-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Plenty of room on this chassis to spread things out. Sitting just like it is without adding any weight, I'm within 1 oz of balance (needs 1 oz on R side). I moved the electronics around several times and this was the best scenario for adding the least weight to any one side.
Thanks for the answers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.