R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-21-2008, 07:42 AM   #436
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Are the 5/16" long allen screws (tweak) in the rear of the car long enough? I like being able to position the tweak springs closer to the bottom plate to get initial contact going all the time. Seems like these screws should be about 1/2" long. Thoughts? Thanks.
the problem with our side spring holders is that they do leave some room for varience between builders and how far the set screws get threaded into the spring holder. I've noticed before that most people thread them in until flush with the bottom of the holder. I only thread mine in about half way, or "flush" with the step between the smooth metal and the teeth for the spring. Just make sure to use thread lock when building them like this.

I normally run 1 - 2 turns of preload on my springs, and this method gives me enough length to do so.

John
Old 10-21-2008, 08:02 AM   #437
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks for that detailed description. With how my car is built, I have NO potential for pre-loading the side springs. Hmmm....Need to look at it again...LOL

Sure enough the eyelet on the end of the Losi shock was only screwed onto the shaft half-way. That's perfect now.

Thanks John.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #438
Tech Regular

gen x-10 racers.... I am a bit new to the pan car scene and have not posted here before, but in skimming thru the thread there seems to be some discussion on the front bumper. Take a look at this, http://www.manutech.info/151101specs.html, I do still double it up with foam. I have run it two week-ends now at a track with wood 2x4 barriers, and it has held up quite nicely.... thanks cdee
cdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:21 AM   #439
Tech Addict

I'll be running on carpet with a novak 17.5 powered by an Orion 2400 lipo. What gearing/rollout should I start with? Thanks
FOXY923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #440
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Guys i need some info .

I will be using the car for a 2 cell world speed run car and require batteries with at least 25c rating or more . I will be using the Orion Vortex 2.5t motor , a 200 amp esc and obviously gear as high as i can so the battery needs to be able to handle the amps .

I am looking at the SMC 28c 4000mah or 5000mah battery will one of these this fit ? . I would still like to know what the dimensions of the battery tray in this car is and how tall a battery i can fit in there so i can check out other battery options as well.

Cheers
ffactory666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #441
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_ View Post
Here is my CRC Gen-X 10:

Winner of the first race in my city on this category.

Awesome car, good performance, slightly better than RC10R5...

Have a nice day...
what body is that??
s13evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #442
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13evo View Post
what body is that??

http://www.prolineracing.com/p-587-p905b.aspx

It is a 905B HD

jake as one in stock or T-bang a them in stock too.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:36 PM   #443
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXY923 View Post
I'll be running on carpet with a novak 17.5 powered by an Orion 2400 lipo. What gearing/rollout should I start with? Thanks
Anybody?
Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #444
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Did the maiden voyage with my Gen X-10 today on the carpet at NorCal Hobbies today. Car with 13.5 Novak and lipo pack was initially very good until I found a few assembly issues to straighten out. Got those worked out and the car was pretty good in only its third run.

Fortunately, James Arluck arrived before my last run and gave me some excellent suggestions. Voila...the car is now a rocket ship...on carpet. Now, I just need to set it up for the Asphalt Regionals at Ripon this weekend. Got a good start.

Thanks James...and OD Purple...and Crashby for all your help along the way.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #445
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Did the maiden voyage with my Gen X-10 today on the carpet at NorCal Hobbies today. Car with 13.5 Novak and lipo pack was initially very good until I found a few assembly issues to straighten out. Got those worked out and the car was pretty good in only its third run.

Fortunately, James Arluck arrived before my last run and gave me some excellent suggestions. Voila...the car is now a rocket ship...on carpet. Now, I just need to set it up for the Asphalt Regionals at Ripon this weekend. Got a good start.

Thanks James...and OD Purple...and Crashby for all your help along the way.
Do share I haven't put much time into mine on carpet yet, it's ok, but it feels like its turning radius and low speed steering are lacking. Its pretty good on power, but I have to lift more than I would think I needed to for slow corners.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:22 PM   #446
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Do share I haven't put much time into mine on carpet yet, it's ok, but it feels like its turning radius and low speed steering are lacking. Its pretty good on power, but I have to lift more than I would think I needed to for slow corners.
Hey Mike - What side springs are you running on the 'links' of your Gen-X 10? If you haven't tried the red ones yet you should. Moving to the red side link springs on my SpeedMerchant really turned that car around.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #447
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Hey Mike - What side springs are you running on the 'links' of your Gen-X 10? If you haven't tried the red ones yet you should. Moving to the red side link springs on my SpeedMerchant really turned that car around.
I've only used the white one that come with the kit, I'll have to pick up the set and try them.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #448
Tech Addict

Old 10-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #449
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hello, i need help on whats the recommended roleout or Spur/pinion combo for a brushed 19T motor for this car?

thanks
s13evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:11 AM   #450
Tech Regular

FOXY - we haven't done much LiPo racing with these yet, mostly all 4 cell. In 4 cell 17.5, we roll out around 3.30". If you can't get a better answer from someone that has actually been running that setup, start out by gearing down 10 teeth from where we run in 4 cell and go from there.

s13evo - what kind of batteries are you running?