R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2015, 06:46 AM   #3991
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Duluth MN
Posts: 399
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

LOL its all good. Ive never raced on asphalt so I'll leave those questions for someone who has.

Last edited by Race19s; 02-25-2015 at 06:25 PM.
Race19s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:38 PM   #3992
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,168
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race19s View Post
LOL its all good. Ive never raced on asphalt so I'll leave those questions for someone who has.
And that would be me...LOL

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:43 AM   #3993
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 57
Default

Hi guys,

I run on asphalt since one year with my CRC Genx10.
I've converted it to 235mm with some custom modifications to let it run at 2S lipo and 4.0T star.

Set is the following:
Height: 5mm front and 5.5mm rear.
Drop: 1mm
Tyres: 30/34 rear and 37/40 sh front. (UFRA tyres)
Camber: 2.5
Caster static: maximum.
Caster dynamic: 0
Toe: -3.5
Body: BLITZ P908
fdr: 36mm
Side shocks: CRC encore with associated spring hard and 350 cst oil.
Center shock: Losi with 350 cst oil and standard spring.

Car is very fast (just a little bit slower than 1/8 track IC) and has a lot of traction. I use speedtech additive on all tyre's surface. Speed is around 110km/h.
RC_LMP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:31 AM   #3994
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 58
Default

Hi guys
I'm interesting to this model (SE), but there are so many opinions.
Someone in my country says that CRC is made for US tracks and motor with few Kv because it doesn't handle very well in the corners.
Others says is glued to the asphalt also with a 5.5T motor and large track.
So, where is the true ?
Is this a easy model to drive or not ?
maRRRco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:35 AM   #3995
Tech Adept
 
tdu verney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Del City Speed Shop
Posts: 226
Default CRC

This is a great car! I had a 13.5 in mine on carpet. Loved every minute of it! Only one way to find out?
tdu verney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:55 AM   #3996
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdu verney View Post
This is a great car! I had a 13.5 in mine on carpet. Loved every minute of it! Only one way to find out?
Yes but you refers to carpet and 13.5T motor.
Someone says it can't handle a 6.5T or 7.5T or 8.5T in large asphalt tracks, but other says the contrary. So I don't know how to think about that.
maRRRco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:11 AM   #3997
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,168
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Track prep matters...a lot

All depends on how well the asphalt track surface is prepared to handle the higher output of low wind motors.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:14 AM   #3998
Tech Adept
 
Harold996tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maRRRco View Post
Hi guys
I'm interesting to this model (SE), but there are so many opinions.
Someone in my country says that CRC is made for US tracks and motor with few Kv because it doesn't handle very well in the corners.
Others says is glued to the asphalt also with a 5.5T motor and large track.
So, where is the true ?
Is this a easy model to drive or not ?
Jmho...

I am predominantly a 1/8 ic driver. Experimented with this car with an irs and lajf 235mm conversion. Depends where you come from and what you want. I wanted an electric car that could run against the 1/8 ic cars. Put a 4.5 turn and 2s in. The car could not put the power down and ate spur gears no matter what adjustments I did. It was just too light for the torque and skipped all the way till the tires could finally find purchase.

Through chicanes it was better in 235mm form than 200mm but was still dead compared to my 1/8 car. And under steered like crazy (agin compared to my 1/8 gp). I ended up deciding to convert it back to 200mm and enjoying a higher turn motor at slower speeds with it though I have now converted to tri shock rear end and will see if that improves the responsiveness, and keep using my 1/8 ic car for all out speed and handling. Have since bought a true 235mm Vorlon and RC Devil and will try those. Note that I run on very fast 1/8 smooth tracks and not a tight track and the crc was in original form not meant for this sort of all out speed and all out handling compared with th tighter tracks in the U.S.

But in terms of design there is no more beautifully engineered 200mm car available than the crc.
__________________
Capricorn C802 1/8 GP, Mugen MGT7 1/8 GT.
Nostalgic collector of old Rc junk.
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=44535
http://vintagerccar.blogspot.sg

Last edited by Harold996tt; 09-01-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Harold996tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #3999
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,652
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maRRRco View Post
Yes but you refers to carpet and 13.5T motor.
Someone says it can't handle a 6.5T or 7.5T or 8.5T in large asphalt tracks, but other says the contrary. So I don't know how to think about that.
If you are running on large 1/8 scale tracks, this is probably not the right choice for you. These cars were primarily developed for carpet racing. There are some manufacturers in Europe that specialize in running on these large tracks. It's not a matter of handling high Kv motors rather than applying the right design for the conditions.
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:27 PM   #4000
Tech Adept
 
Harold996tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
If you are running on large 1/8 scale tracks, this is probably not the right choice for you. These cars were primarily developed for carpet racing. There are some manufacturers in Europe that specialize in running on these large tracks. It's not a matter of handling high Kv motors rather than applying the right design for the conditions.
Definitely. For example, the rear pod flexes far too much for the low turn motors given the relatively thin carbon used on the rear pod compared to heavy luminous for example on the Vorlon made for high speed, and the manner in which the motor mounts to the pod on the crc causes slip and movement on high torque motors... Which results in constant stripping of spur gears.
__________________
Capricorn C802 1/8 GP, Mugen MGT7 1/8 GT.
Nostalgic collector of old Rc junk.
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=44535
http://vintagerccar.blogspot.sg
Harold996tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:43 AM   #4001
Tech Master
 
Nego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 1,329
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

questions guys,whats a good roll out for wgt track size 150x85 ?
__________________
Project X 1/10 pancar,17.5GT,BMI,yokomo,Associted F6.
Nego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #4002
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,168
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

To subscribe...again!
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:10 AM   #4003
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
To subscribe...again!
You can subscribe from the Thread Tools menu at the top of each page if you have been unsubscribed.
sparkyboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:55 PM   #4004
Tech Adept
 
jiggen5354's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 192
Questions??

Hi all. I just bought a Gen X10 SE and have a few questions. I have built the kit as per instructions and bolted on a new set of foams.

With new foams, it does not seem possible to achieve full steering lock without the tire touch the front bumper. Is this normal? I can see a few solutions being, true down the tires, trim the bumper or move front arms to the rear set of holes. Thought I should ask before I start chopping up the bumper.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
CRC 1/10 Pan Car-1.jpg   CRC 1/10 Pan Car-2.jpg   CRC 1/10 Pan Car-3.jpg  
jiggen5354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #4005
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,168
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggen5354 View Post
Hi all. I just bought a Gen X10 SE and have a few questions. I have built the kit as per instructions and bolted on a new set of foams.

With new foams, it does not seem possible to achieve full steering lock without the tire touch the front bumper. Is this normal? I can see a few solutions being, true down the tires, trim the bumper or move front arms to the rear set of holes. Thought I should ask before I start chopping up the bumper.

Thanks in advance
Great pictures.

Yes, I always trim the foam part of the front bumper on both sides. Did not trim the carbon fiber. But, I also have my f/r tires trimmed down to the range of 51-54mm which adds clearance too.

Bill
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:42 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net