R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2014, 06:58 AM   #3856
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Barcelona - Catalonia
Posts: 144
Default

I have hub IRS because i don't like extensions from CRC but with a "big" motor...

Solution:


Bearing alive
TyoBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:58 PM   #3857
Tech Adept
 
Stuff Of Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dark Side Of The Moon
Posts: 228
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
It is our caster adjustment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
It decreases the caster as the suspension travels, to pick up steering mid corner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff Of Legend View Post
hum! ok thanks
You have pointed me in a direction
back to back testing then
I tried angling the front arm forward.
As you guys said it gives more steering from mid corner especially on throttle.
opens a whole new door for my tuning caster / camber / tire wear
Stuff Of Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #3858
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyoBBS View Post
I have hub IRS because i don't like extensions from CRC but with a "big" motor...

Solution:


Bearing alive
Slapmaster Thrust Bearing. Use them on all my pan cars.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:46 PM   #3859
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Barcelona - Catalonia
Posts: 144
Default

Fiber Rear Lower Plate (Slider Kit) seems more weak than old one. Now i will test our option part in aluminium:

TyoBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #3860
Tech Adept
 
Harold996tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 106
Default

I am a 1/8 gp guy getting into pro 10 as a nice distraction. Have picked up a CRC and IRS rear axle as well as the lajf Racing 235mm conversion. Will start the building this weekend and probably use a shock from one of my touring cars as will be going with 2s and a 4.5 turn to run on my 1/8 track. Can I understand how the Slapmaster thrust bearing is used and what it does to save the cars bearings. I decided not to go with the CRC 235mm conversion because of what I read about the blowing out of rear bearings. Any info much appreciated.
__________________
Capricorn C802 1/8 GP, Mugen MGT7 1/8 GT.
Nostalgic collector of old Rc junk.
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=44535
http://vintagerccar.blogspot.sg
Harold996tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #3861
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,157
Default

The outside of the diff has an adjustment nut to adjust diff tension. This applies pressure directly to the outer bearing race in the hub in a lateral direction. These bearings were never meant to take pressure in that direction so when you get the slightest amount of dirt in them it makes your bearing go bad. A thrust bearing is made to take pressure in the direction applied. It does slow down the diff action some but greatly increases the diff's life span.
__________________
Apex RC
www.apexrc.com - Hawaii's #1 RC Proshop

Share & Like Our Page:https://www.facebook.com/ApexRCProshop
Win free stuff!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #3862
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,591
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold996tt View Post
I am a 1/8 gp guy getting into pro 10 as a nice distraction. Have picked up a CRC and IRS rear axle as well as the lajf Racing 235mm conversion. Will start the building this weekend and probably use a shock from one of my touring cars as will be going with 2s and a 4.5 turn to run on my 1/8 track. Can I understand how the Slapmaster thrust bearing is used and what it does to save the cars bearings. I decided not to go with the CRC 235mm conversion because of what I read about the blowing out of rear bearings. Any info much appreciated.
Someday I hope to have these available, especially for those in Europe where 1/8th tracks are more prevalent.
Attached Thumbnails
CRC 1/10 Pan Car-20140727_063632.jpg   CRC 1/10 Pan Car-20140727_063315_comp.jpg  
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #3863
Tech Adept
 
Harold996tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
The outside of the diff has an adjustment nut to adjust diff tension. This applies pressure directly to the outer bearing race in the hub in a lateral direction. These bearings were never meant to take pressure in that direction so when you get the slightest amount of dirt in them it makes your bearing go bad. A thrust bearing is made to take pressure in the direction applied. It does slow down the diff action some but greatly increases the diff's life span.
Well noted and a great explanation. Much thanks. I assume is one applied next to the lock. Nut of the diff. I note that there are different axle spacings available... What width should one be using and how do we determine what width to use please -Much thanks again.-
__________________
Capricorn C802 1/8 GP, Mugen MGT7 1/8 GT.
Nostalgic collector of old Rc junk.
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=44535
http://vintagerccar.blogspot.sg

Last edited by Harold996tt; 12-04-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Harold996tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #3864
Tech Adept
 
Harold996tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
Someday I hope to have these available, especially for those in Europe where 1/8th tracks are more prevalent.
That looks like a lot of fun. Here in singapore electric 1/8 cars based off their gas powered siblings (motonica and serpent and in 4wd) are starting to get popular but to me will never replace the 1/8 gp cars. I like the idea of 1/10 cars capable of running the speeds of 1/8 but using my touring car batteries and electronics to save costs.
__________________
Capricorn C802 1/8 GP, Mugen MGT7 1/8 GT.
Nostalgic collector of old Rc junk.
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=44535
http://vintagerccar.blogspot.sg
Harold996tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #3865
Tech Adept
 
Cancun Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cancun, Mexico
Posts: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Cancun Tom
Default What are those tabs on the end of the axle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
It decreases the caster as the suspension travels, to pick up steering mid corner.
I noticed a tab of some kind on the end of the axles. Would they be some kind of quick mount for the front wheels? Also where to find them? Thanks
__________________
Check out all our travel adventures on my Caribbean Webpage http://www.cancunTom.com
Cancun Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #3866
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,591
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold996tt View Post
That looks like a lot of fun. Here in singapore electric 1/8 cars based off their gas powered siblings (motonica and serpent and in 4wd) are starting to get popular but to me will never replace the 1/8 gp cars. I like the idea of 1/10 cars capable of running the speeds of 1/8 but using my touring car batteries and electronics to save costs.
That's why I built this one. I was one of the original guys making the conversion for GP cars but I was discouraged by the diminishing returns they created. I wanted something of the larger scale but use standard power systems.
The one in the picture is with a 4.5T 550 motor running on 2S. It's hella fast!

The problem is that we don't have a regular place big enough to test at.

I was having a blast running pan cars so I thought "why not make one bigger?"
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #3867
Tech Master
 
rcgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,069
Default

After two months running my old R5 and getting back into WGT racing, I will have a new SE coming in next week. I spent this whole end reading and catching up on this thread.
rcgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #3868
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgen View Post
After two months running my old R5 and getting back into WGT racing, I will have a new SE coming in next week. I spent this whole end reading and catching up on this thread.
Kewl.
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:41 PM   #3869
Tech Master
 
rcgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,069
Default

Looks like I will busy this weekend. Any building tips I need to know and save me some headaches later on?
rcgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:09 PM   #3870
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgen View Post
Looks like I will busy this weekend. Any building tips I need to know and save me some headaches later on?
Is that for carpet or asphalt?

I sand and seal all the edges of the cf components.

Use a little Shoe-goo between the flat surfaces of the front bumper plate and the main chassis plate to fortify the three screws that hold them together. Helps in big impacts. And can still be easily taken apart if you ever damage the front bumper plate.

For the reversed steering servo laying flat on the servo mount plate, I also use Shoe-goo underneath the servo to help keep it in place. Have had the post mounts get loose.

Consider ceramic balls in the diff and ceramic bearings all around. Use the optional hard anodized center pivot ball and side link balls. Slightly ream out bottom side of side links until they pivot freely on the balls.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:37 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0