R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2014, 10:42 AM   #3766
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderzone77 View Post
Hi all, I want to buy an CRC Gen-X 10 SE.
I am a newbie, running only a Sakura Xi Sport at the moment at the local track.
Can I use the same lipo (Turnigy Nanotech 6600 2s2p) into the CRC gen-x 10 se ?
(then I would like to decide for proper ESC and motor..)
Thanks to all
coder,

Initially, I am guessing that we are talking about running on asphalt...But, could be wrong...Everything really depends on what you want to do with a Gen-X 10 (SE/LE).

In either case...That full-sized 2s battery pack will take up most of the available space on the narrower SE chassis. So, you would probably want to go with the wider LE chassis...like TyoBBS is doing. With so many WGT guys upgrading to the SE chassis, you should be able to find a used LE at a very reasonable price. I currently have both an LE and an SE chassis exclusively setup for asphalt; and, both are within a few hundredths of each other on our local track.

Switching from a touring car to a pan car can be a fairly expensive proposition. Are there any racers in your area running a 2s pan car configuration? I usually hear about running 2s from a few of the guys up in Canada; but, not so much elsewhere.

And because a pan car uses foams, you would need access to a truer machine to cut them.

Good luck with your project.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #3767
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,157
Default

I'm switching to the SE and will have an LE available soon
__________________
Apex RC
www.apexrc.com - Hawaii's #1 RC Proshop

Share & Like Our Page:https://www.facebook.com/ApexRCProshop
Win free stuff!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:19 PM   #3768
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
I'm switching to the SE and will have an LE available soon
Hey...No advertising...LOL

Or...I could just send you the four parts that make it into an SE.

__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:27 PM   #3769
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,157
Default

Already have a SE Just haven't switched over to it yet.
__________________
Apex RC
www.apexrc.com - Hawaii's #1 RC Proshop

Share & Like Our Page:https://www.facebook.com/ApexRCProshop
Win free stuff!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:47 PM   #3770
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Already have a SE Just haven't switched over to it yet.
Need two to test with...LOL
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:35 AM   #3771
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
coder,

Initially, I am guessing that we are talking about running on asphalt...But, could be wrong...Everything really depends on what you want to do with a Gen-X 10 (SE/LE).

In either case...That full-sized 2s battery pack will take up most of the available space on the narrower SE chassis. So, you would probably want to go with the wider LE chassis...like TyoBBS is doing. With so many WGT guys upgrading to the SE chassis, you should be able to find a used LE at a very reasonable price. I currently have both an LE and an SE chassis exclusively setup for asphalt; and, both are within a few hundredths of each other on our local track.

Switching from a touring car to a pan car can be a fairly expensive proposition. Are there any racers in your area running a 2s pan car configuration? I usually hear about running 2s from a few of the guys up in Canada; but, not so much elsewhere.

And because a pan car uses foams, you would need access to a truer machine to cut them.

Good luck with your project.

Bill
yes, I do run in local track with asphalt, a very good and fast track
Yes, there are a couple of people running pancar in 2s (corally)
So, what kinf of 2s lipo would you suggest to me ?
Thanks for your explanations
coderzone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #3772
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderzone77 View Post
yes, I do run in local track with asphalt, a very good and fast track
Yes, there are a couple of people running pancar in 2s (corally)
So, what kinf of 2s lipo would you suggest to me ?
Thanks for your explanations
What is the duration of your races? What wind motor? Blinky or boosted? What is your budget?

All four factors would make a difference to the 2s battery I would suggest.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #3773
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
What is the duration of your races? What wind motor? Blinky or boosted? What is your budget?

All four factors would make a difference to the 2s battery I would suggest.

Bill
I am newbie, never raced before.. only going to track with my touring car to try to learn.. budget is not a problem..usually we run with 4.5T on Touring car (our track is very fast)
coderzone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #3774
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderzone77 View Post
I am newbie, never raced before.. only going to track with my touring car to try to learn.. budget is not a problem..usually we run with 4.5T on Touring car (our track is very fast)
That motor is too fast for my experience and really is not applicable to CRC 1/10th Pan Car batteries. So, I would suggest that you check with the people at your local track for recommendations.

Otherwise, if charged and used properly, I would expect the Turnigy 2s pack you mentioned previously to handle you power needs for now.

Enjoy the ride!

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:39 PM   #3775
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Bern, N.C.
Posts: 1,178
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

complete and ready to run WGT XL in as new condition available on for sale forum.
vafactor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:35 AM   #3776
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,278
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

Converting a CRC to rear single bolt hubs to run in the 200 mm LeMans class:

This conversion is a direct fit with the same offset as the CRC pod. The final width is right at 196mm with the SP wheels and foam tires mounted and the axle shimmed to center. Serpent F110 Parts needed: the right outer diff half w/14mm hex, the diff cap, the cap pin, the rear axle (steel or aluminum), the diff adjustment nut as it is specific to the axle and the left hub w/14mm hex along 2 X 3mm set screws. It uses the all the current bearings, but does require 1 additional bearing to replace one with a flange inside the diff half. The front bearings can be shimmed to fit the wheels. You have to use 1/8 diff balls and the diff rings are a direct fit to the Serpent diff halves. The CRC axle is too long to use and you have to use a Serpent unit. Rear tires will have to be trued down, but not shaved to the rim to hit 4 mm ride height. Rules for the class are 21.5 blinky with the spec wheel and tire and weight of 1200g. The chassis already fits the size requirements.
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:26 AM   #3777
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,278
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

I just ordered 3.175 x 10 x 4 bearings to put metric front rims on 1/8" axles. Lots of good options for racing another class without selling off the collection to start over.
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #3778
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
I just ordered 3.175 x 10 x 4 bearings to put metric front rims on 1/8" axles. Lots of good options for racing another class without selling off the collection to start over.
liljohn,

When you get this puppy together, please post a picture.

Thanks.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #3779
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,278
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

Will do!
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #3780
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,278
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

All 4 metric rims are now on the car. The fishing reel bearings on the fronts are perfect. The quality of the bearings alone is awesome, the wheels spin forever. Much better than any normal RC bearing. Rim backspacing on all 4 corners is correct, so the car is within the 210 rear/200 front width requirement. I haven't taken pictures as the car ride height is at 9mm rear and over 8mm in the front. It looks pretty interesting with the Sophia body on it. I'm thinking of just putting 4mm spacers under the 4 pod side plate screws and raise the plate that the front suspension bolts to (4 screws). With the inverted servo, nothing changes in setup but the spacing I'm just worried about it all staying square under load with longer screws. Only one way to find out. More later.
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:20 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0