R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #3556
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyoBBS View Post
Good news in asphalt!

Anybody tested SE with big battery 2s?


Regards
If you are running a full-size 2s/7.4V battery, you will probably want to stick with the LE version so you have enough room to place all of the electronics on the main chassis plate. However, an SE would work with a Shorty 2s pack.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #3557
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Barcelona - Catalonia
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
If you are running a full-size 2s/7.4V battery, you will probably want to stick with the LE version so you have enough room to place all of the electronics on the main chassis plate. However, an SE would work with a Shorty 2s pack.
Bill

LE seems the best option but is a discontinued product
SE with shorty is an option but small mah and i don't have it.

For this reason i asked for "big 2s battery" if works fine with more weight in front than LE or i need to buy SE and shorty batteries


thanks and regards
TyoBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #3558
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyoBBS View Post
LE seems the best option but is a discontinued product
SE with shorty is an option but small mah and i don't have it.

For this reason i asked for "big 2s battery" if works fine with more weight in front than LE or i need to buy SE and shorty batteries


thanks and regards
A couple options...

1) Stormer Hobbies in the US has new LE kits listed for $149.95. This is clearly a rock bottom price. And A-Main Hobbies has them for $209.

2) In the US, there are a lot of LE's out there. With the SE now coming out, I expect you will be able to buy a used LE fairly cheap in the near future. Watch the Classifieds.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #3559
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Barcelona - Catalonia
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
A couple options...
Thanks. I have my LE
TyoBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #3560
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Surrey BC
Posts: 29
Default

Just to drop a quick update on my SE kit problems. You guys were right CRC customer support rocks. All things are worked out. I can't wait to get my alter ego kit now. Thanks to a friend loaning me the parts I needed, I was able to get one run on my car yesterday at the track. The car still needs lots of setup but I was really impressed with the first drive.

thanks for the feed back. I feel much better about buying this Kit.

Colin
Gonzo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #3561
Tech Adept
 
aSab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 224
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

where could I buy the Gen-X 10 SE in Europe?
aSab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #3562
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
Default

Hello

In the actionmodel UK has and I bought in hungarian rcprof!
szegab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #3563
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,297
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Getting around to building my SE. On the LE i would use red front springs and white pod springs. Any suggestion on where to start with the new springs and SE kit?
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #3564
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Getting around to building my SE. On the LE i would use red front springs and white pod springs. Any suggestion on where to start with the new springs and SE kit?
Curious...What springs did your SE kit come with?

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #3565
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,822
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Mine came with a red center and the new springs for the sides and front.
__________________
Team Epic/Trinity -Michael Bruce Hobbies-Team CRC ,Kimbrough Products GForce and RJSpeed.
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam),RJSpeed- Legends &Spec Mod, MudBoss and 386 RaceWay.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #3566
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
Mine came with a red center and the new springs for the sides and front.
Are all four of the new side springs the same wire gauge?

If you have two sizes, I am guessing that .50mm should be similar to the old white and the .55mm should be the old red cone screws.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #3567
Tech Adept
 
Stuff Of Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dark Side Of The Moon
Posts: 228
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Tools

Hello

Are these all the tips i would need to build the car (SE)?

Was looking in the manual trying to figuer out the hex and socket sizes i need,
i am coming from metric land were all i need is 1.5/2/2.5/3mm some times 5mm.

What socket sizes would i use on the rear diff nut?

Any other tools you guys would suggest i look in to?

Hex
1/16"
3/32"
5/64"

Socket sizes
??

Thanks
__________________
RC STABLE....
CRC GEN X 10se
YOKOMO BD72016 - SERPENT VIPER 977e
HOBBYWING motor's/esc's - PROTOFORM bodies
SAVOX servo's - SPEKTRUM tx/rx - XCEED tire's
Stuff Of Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #3568
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,763
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff Of Legend View Post
Hello

Are these all the tips i would need to build the car (SE)?

Was looking in the manual trying to figuer out the hex and socket sizes i need,
i am coming from metric land were all i need is 1.5/2/2.5/3mm some times 5mm.

What socket sizes would i use on the rear diff nut?

Any other tools you guys would suggest i look in to?

Hex
1/16"
3/32"
5/64"

Socket sizes
??

Thanks
11/32" nut driver for the diff.

You'll also want a 3/16" nut driver for the 4-40 mini nuts.
I would also reccomend a .050" hex driver for the tweak screws, the link clamp screws, the king pins, the castor block caps, and the kingpin grub screws. I find that a 2 mm hex driver works perfectly fine as a 5/64" driver.
The kit comes with a .030" "L" wrench to build the side tubes. I have one with a handle, but if you use super glue on the non-hex end of the grub screw you won't need it.

Here's what I use 99% of the time on the car.

.050
1/16
2 mm
3/32

3/16
11/32

While there is another nut size on the lower A arms, I use a pair of pliers on that mini 2-56 nut as I only adjust it once in a while.
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:04 AM   #3569
Tech Adept
 
Stuff Of Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dark Side Of The Moon
Posts: 228
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
11/32" nut driver for the diff.

You'll also want a 3/16" nut driver for the 4-40 mini nuts.
I would also reccomend a .050" hex driver for the tweak screws, the link clamp screws, the king pins, the castor block caps, and the kingpin grub screws. I find that a 2 mm hex driver works perfectly fine as a 5/64" driver.
The kit comes with a .030" "L" wrench to build the side tubes. I have one with a handle, but if you use super glue on the non-hex end of the grub screw you won't need it.

Here's what I use 99% of the time on the car.

.050
1/16
2 mm
3/32

3/16
11/32

While there is another nut size on the lower A arms, I use a pair of pliers on that mini 2-56 nut as I only adjust it once in a while.
Ok thank you very much
I found when it comes to rc quality tools the frist time make wrenchin on rc easier on the fingers.
I had two stages till i found that out, 1 allen keys (came with kit),
2 cheap hex drivers (easily rounded), spend a little more an get the good stuff.
(SE)will be my second kit but my frist electric.
__________________
RC STABLE....
CRC GEN X 10se
YOKOMO BD72016 - SERPENT VIPER 977e
HOBBYWING motor's/esc's - PROTOFORM bodies
SAVOX servo's - SPEKTRUM tx/rx - XCEED tire's
Stuff Of Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #3570
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,016
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
11/32" nut driver for the diff.

You'll also want a 3/16" nut driver for the 4-40 mini nuts.
I would also reccomend a .050" hex driver for the tweak screws, the link clamp screws, the king pins, the castor block caps, and the kingpin grub screws. I find that a 2 mm hex driver works perfectly fine as a 5/64" driver.
The kit comes with a .030" "L" wrench to build the side tubes. I have one with a handle, but if you use super glue on the non-hex end of the grub screw you won't need it.

Here's what I use 99% of the time on the car.

.050
1/16
2 mm
3/32

3/16
11/32

While there is another nut size on the lower A arms, I use a pair of pliers on that mini 2-56 nut as I only adjust it once in a while.
Ditto!

And I use a Hudy 5/64 Ball End Hex Driver (to get to the camber adjustment screw without having to remove the WGT front wheels to get at it). Use this tool almost every race day to fine tune the camber to the track conditions.

Also have the CRC #4259 Ride Height Gauge (for the new slider rear pod adjustments); CRC #5010 Tire Sanding Paddle (for cutting/truing tires); and, CRC #4279 Pivot Ball Popper (for building front ends).

To name a few...LOL

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:56 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0