R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #3541
Tech Master
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,941
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I was wondering which servo is being used in this reverse mount on the SE. The wires seem to indicate that it's an Airtronics servo.

Also, can I buy an SE manual from CRC or download one somewhere?
__________________
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

USVTA member #111

Last edited by NutDriver; 11-21-2013 at 04:50 PM.
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #3542
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,157
Default

They do post their manuals here for free:
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...showpage&pid=7
But it looks like it hasn't been updated yet to include the Gen X10 SE.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #3543
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,297
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
No need for a new thread for each version name. This thread has covered the CRC Gen-X 10 cars from the very beginning. And, much of what has been said applies to the current version.

Cheers!

Bill
Yup, just making sure. Look forward to building mine!
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Reds Racing USA|Hot Race Tyres USA|Team CRC|Team Trinity|
Jackson RC|Horsham RC|Floyd Bennett|Blue Diamond
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #3544
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,763
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

94761 Servo
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #3545
Tech Elite
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 2,947
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

NutDriver: That should be Air 94761. I've been running one in mod, no issues.
__________________
Stay dialed my friends!
www.slapmastertools.com
Team Roche USA
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #3546
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Surrey BC
Posts: 29
Default

I started building my SE kit this week. Overall I am not impressed with it. Wrong screws in bags. Parts not tapped. Tie Rods with no Threads. Is this common for CRC kits? If so then I am going to be cancelling the alter Ego kit I have on order. What sucks is due to all these problems I am having I will be missing another club meet this week.

Colin
Attached Thumbnails
CRC 1/10 Pan Car-img_7173.jpg  
Gonzo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #3547
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,603
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo007 View Post
I started building my SE kit this week. Overall I am not impressed with it. Wrong screws in bags. Parts not tapped. Tie Rods with no Threads. Is this common for CRC kits? If so then I am going to be cancelling the alter Ego kit I have on order. What sucks is due to all these problems I am having I will be missing another club meet this week.

Colin
One 4-40 tap solves all your issues. No one taps all their parts, it's all about the build. Get the kit together, you WILL be rewarded..... ANY Pan car class is all about the details, and the CRC cars pay dividends to those who pay attention....
__________________
Team CRC, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #3548
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,015
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo007 View Post
I started building my SE kit this week. Overall I am not impressed with it. Wrong screws in bags. Parts not tapped. Tie Rods with no Threads. Is this common for CRC kits? If so then I am going to be cancelling the alter Ego kit I have on order. What sucks is due to all these problems I am having I will be missing another club meet this week.

Colin
Colin,

Have not had such issues myself.

Call CRC and talk with John. He will take care of you.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #3549
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,015
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
I was wondering which servo is being used in this reverse mount on the SE. The wires seem to indicate that it's an Airtronics servo.

Also, can I buy an SE manual from CRC or download one somewhere?
That is one tiny servo. I use the JR Z3650 servos. Excellent response and durability.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:55 AM   #3550
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,819
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I've been using a JR servo also. Had it in my LE and installed it in the SE. The Se is a excellent kit right out of the box. I've to say This kit to me is easier to drive than my LE. It work good both on carpet and asphalt withthe same set-up -just changed the ride height and tire size. today I'm testing the 1/12th kingpin set-up with .50 springs on the carpet. That's all I'll be running till after the birds. Looking forward to trying their new WGT body when it gets in !
__________________
Team Epic/Trinity -Michael Bruce Hobbies-Team CRC ,Kimbrough Products GForce and RJSpeed.
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam),RJSpeed- Legends &Spec Mod, MudBoss and 386 RaceWay.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #3551
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Surrey BC
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
One 4-40 tap solves all your issues. No one taps all their parts, it's all about the build. Get the kit together, you WILL be rewarded..... ANY Pan car class is all about the details, and the CRC cars pay dividends to those who pay attention....
Please explain to me how a 4/40 tap will fix that part in the picture. Because that is impossible. That part requires a Die not a Tap. I have already tapped the parts that needed to be tapped, but I shouldn't have to fix any new parts in a kit.

I understand that Pan Car is about details when building, but what about CRC pays attention to the details in there kits. Then I wouldn't be here posting about then problems I have in countered. I am not new to Pan car. Just new to CRC. I have never seen any of these problems with the other Brand cars I have purchased and Built.

Colin

Last edited by Gonzo007; 11-22-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Gonzo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #3552
Tech Elite
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,975
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo007 View Post
Please explain to me how a 4/40 tap will fix that part in the picture. Because that is impossible. That part requires a Die not a Tap. I have already tapped the parts that needed to be tapped, but I shouldn't have to fix any new parts in a kit.

I understand that Pan Car is about details when building, but what about CRC pays attention to the details in there kits. Then I wouldn't be here posting about then problems I have in countered. I am not new to Pan car. Just new to CRC. I have never seen any of these problems with the other Brand cars I have purchased and Built.

Colin
You are just a lucky person then! Lol

Call up crc and they will take care of you as Bill said. My se kit came with all the proper parts and I love this car over my le (Great Upgrade for me!)

Every company makes mistakes from now and then. You cant say you ever ordered a combo with fries and they accidentally left of those golden salty delicious sticks!!! It Happens
__________________
RC Plus*McKune Designs*NW Hobbies*Premier RC Raceways*Daves Tracks

Last edited by joeymdz; 11-22-2013 at 10:15 AM.
joeymdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #3553
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Barcelona - Catalonia
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
I've been using a JR servo also. Had it in my LE and installed it in the SE. The Se is a excellent kit right out of the box. I've to say This kit to me is easier to drive than my LE. It work good both on carpet and asphalt withthe same set-up -just changed the ride height and tire size. today I'm testing the 1/12th kingpin set-up with .50 springs on the carpet. That's all I'll be running till after the birds. Looking forward to trying their new WGT body when it gets in !
Good news in asphalt!

Anybody tested SE with big battery 2s?


Regards
TyoBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #3554
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,603
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo007 View Post
Please explain to me how a 4/40 tap will fix that part in the picture. Because that is impossible. That part requires a Die not a Tap. I have already tapped the parts that needed to be tapped, but I shouldn't have to fix any new parts in a kit.

I understand that Pan Car is about details when building, but what about CRC pays attention to the details in there kits. Then I wouldn't be here posting about then problems I have in countered. I am not new to Pan car. Just new to CRC. I have never seen any of these problems with the other Brand cars I have purchased and Built.

Colin
Sorry, original response was from my phone, so I didn't see the pic. Call Whopper (John Firsching) at CRC. He'll get you fixed up. I can honestly say that's the first steering tie rod I've ever seen with no threads.
__________________
Team CRC, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #3555
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,819
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I've never heard of all the problems you had with your car. I'd been using CRC cars for years with no problem.Just call John at CRC and go from there. Complaining here will not solve the problem.As most of us have not had that problem. I can say after getting the SE on the track it is the BEST WGT car CRC has made for me to drive yet! Just tried the 1/12th kingpins set-up for the carpet(low bite) with .55 front springs and everything else stock out of the box-WOW!
__________________
Team Epic/Trinity -Michael Bruce Hobbies-Team CRC ,Kimbrough Products GForce and RJSpeed.
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam),RJSpeed- Legends &Spec Mod, MudBoss and 386 RaceWay.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:39 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0