Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #2986
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
Here's the deal guys,
If I can get 10 orders for these CF battery trays @ $20 each + shipping I will machine these ASAP. I mainly just need to cover the material costs.
They will be 2.5mm thick and are designed to accommodate the Associated Battery Index blocks PN-4610. this will give you 6 different mounting positions from front to rear.
That looks great and I am interested. I would not need to use the 6 different battery positions as I like mine at the forword most position. If I did want to use the 6 different positions wouln't a custom top plate be needed to clear the battery wires when bullet conectors are used? I have cut out the extra braces on my top deck so now it is simmilar to the newer one but there is still not much room to move the battery back befor the wires touch.
Attached Thumbnails
CRC 1/10 Pan Car-dscf0006.jpg   CRC 1/10 Pan Car-dscf0008.jpg  
I will not send Pay Pal as a gift or add fees to the price so DO NOT ASK!
BCbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #2987
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCbud View Post
That looks great and I am interested. I would not need to use the 6 different battery positions as I like mine at the forword most position. If I did want to use the 6 different positions wouln't a custom top plate be needed to clear the battery wires when bullet conectors are used? I have cut out the extra braces on my top deck so now it is simmilar to the newer one but there is still not much room to move the battery back befor the wires touch.
Good point...I suppose I would have found that out when I fit the prototype.
The design is not set in stone so now is a good time for suggestions.
If everyone prefers the battery as far forward as possible, that would make things much easier. I figured i'd offer the option.
Both of my WGT cars have already been converted to the LE so I still have all the original parts in my box. I'm not opposed to redesigning the top plate but that would increase cost, obviously.
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #2988
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Here's the deal guys,
If I can get 10 orders for these CF battery trays @ $20 each + shipping I will machine these ASAP. I mainly just need to cover the material costs.
They will be 2.5mm thick and are designed to accommodate the Associated Battery Index blocks PN-4610. this will give you 6 different mounting positions from front to rear.
I am still interested, I have posted this to our club web page to see if anyone else would like one. I will let you know how much interest there is.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #2989
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCbud View Post
I am still interested, I have posted this to our club web page to see if anyone else would like one. I will let you know how much interest there is.
Thanks!
If anyone would like to provide feedback on the posted design, I'd appreciate your comments.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #2990
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

question for you guys on the tires, How much are you rounding the edges of the tires, are you gluing the edge only on the outside or also on the inside edge as well?
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #2991
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
question for you guys on the tires, How much are you rounding the edges of the tires, are you gluing the edge only on the outside or also on the inside edge as well?
Can say that I never let the edges of my tires get square. Leads to unpredictable handling.

Usually just have a "safety bead" of CA on all my tires which can be expanded outward when traction rolling becomes an issue.

Basically, a "safety bead" secures the plastic rim to the first 1/16-1/8" of the foam tire to eliminate chunking of sidewalls when you clip the corners too tightly.

Bill
Old 11-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #2992
Tech Master

Well guys, I have been getting some interest in the CF battery trays in the last few days so I will cut and test the prototype this week and should be a position to do a 10 piece run on the parts soon after. if anyone is interested in getting one of these, please PM me soon and be prepared to make payment a day or two before I run the trays. This way I'll know how much CF material I need to set aside. I will give notice via this thread and through the PM system to those who have express interest directly as to exactly when the trays will be cut.

Thanks for your support.

Oh yeah, please respond with a preferred battery position because if everyone wants only the forward positions, I can change the design a little to save machining time.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #2993
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I run my battery forward as well. If you would leave the rear plate full would be preferable as you could have a few mounting options for the esc.

Look forward to forward progress!
mkiiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #2994
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiiina View Post
I run my battery forward as well. If you would leave the rear plate full would be preferable as you could have a few mounting options for the esc.

Look forward to forward progress!
Ok, so would the consensus be that everyone would like room in the rear of the plate for their speedo? Makes sense to me however, this may negate the ability to remove the tray for battery changes if the speedo is taped down to the tray.

Or not...
Old 11-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #2995
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Ok, so would the consensus be that everyone would like room in the rear of the plate for their speedo? Makes sense to me however, this may negate the ability to remove the tray for battery changes if the speedo is taped down to the tray.

Or not...
I have this so the speedo and receiver are not on the battery plate. I still remove the top plate for battery swaps as I like the larger size hex head that are less likely to strip with repeated use.

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7719044

Neil.

Edit: I also like the added stiffness it adds to at what I think is the weakest part of the chassis.

Last edited by BCbud; 11-12-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:45 AM   #2996
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What is your gearing recommendation for 2S Boosted 13.5T on mid-size carpet track?

Many thanks.
Laszlo
LaGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #2997
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGab View Post
What is your gearing recommendation for 2S Boosted 13.5T on mid-size carpet track?

Many thanks.
Laszlo
I'm running 2S boosted 10.5 on a medium size carpet track, I'm geared at 29/88 with 53mm tires. (Rollout is 54.87).
Old 11-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #2998
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Can say that I never let the edges of my tires get square. Leads to unpredictable handling.

Usually just have a "safety bead" of CA on all my tires which can be expanded outward when traction rolling becomes an issue.

Basically, a "safety bead" secures the plastic rim to the first 1/16-1/8" of the foam tire to eliminate chunking of sidewalls when you clip the corners too tightly.

Bill
thanks for the info Bill I've been putting the glue only on the outside, but noticed on my last set of tires that the inside of the tires were getting some chunking.

I finally got my car running pretty descent, there is still room for improvement but it's getting there.

I couldn't get the balance with the Jaco (lilac) World GT spec tires that I have, I trued them down to 52.5mm both front and back but just simply had to much front grip the would cause the rear to break loose and spin the car out. I was using paragon on the rear only and couldn't get it planted.

I ended up putting the new CRC World GT tires that I purchased on (trued to 53mm), these had better results but I didn't have the front side walls glued and was right at the verge of traction rolling. I glued the side walls for the main and the car was 10 times better. I was turning in laps .7 second faster than the next fastest car, and .4 faster than the best 12th pans times.

I appreciate your everyone help with getting my car setup with the 2S. It's lots of fun to drive when handling well, and down right evil when it's not.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #2999
Tech Regular

Here is a video of the main at our last meet. there were only 3 of us with cars still running for the main. Others were there but were broken. Mines the green and white one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKyFQ...ature=youtu.be
Old 11-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #3000
Tech Master

Hello Guys,
The prototype has been cut and fitted!
These will include a CF forward stop with hardware but I have yet to cut that part.

I am hoping to have the first batch done by Friday so if you are wanting a CF battery tray for your GenX 10 Legacy chassis, Please send $20.00 each + $4.00 flat rate for shipping in the Continental U.S.
I can only take PayPal at this time so I will have to eat the fees myself. Oh well...
Please PM me for my PP address.
Here is a pic of the prototype.
I'll have more pictures of the tray installed in the chassis tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
CRC 1/10 Pan Car-genx-10-battery-tray.jpg  

Last edited by YoDog; 11-13-2012 at 10:24 PM.