R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-27-2008, 09:25 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
who is ken at BBR?
Ken Jones he is a old racers from the bay area that race 1/8 on road, Pro 10 (1/10 solded axle GTP) and 1/12th. He start BBR and did a lot of bodies in his days.
Taz_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodad View Post
Attachment 307268

Very nice! Thoughts? Can this take off?
Hi gang,

Thanks for the nice words regarding the new CRC Gen-X 10. The Gen-X 10 was a team effort here at CRC and all of us here appreciate the nice words.

We are very excited about the car. Our older Pantoura car (based on the Carpet Knife 3.2) was quite popular. It was a 190 - 200 mm pan car that accepted a touring or GTP style body. After the Gen-X 12th car replaced the 3.2, we phased out the Pantoura. We were shocked to see the number of calls and inquiries looking for a car of this scale.

This entry is targeted as an alternative to the more expensive 4wd touring cars. It is more durable, easier to work on and built to accept the cool bodies that exist in the 200 mm class. We will soon have pictures of our car with a sexy HPI Saleen mounted up. Any one who has been around a while knows that CRC’s first passion is 1:12th scale, and this is certainly not a replacement for 1:12th scale. We see the cars used more on outdoor asphalt tracks with Corvette, Mustang, Viper, McLaren, Saleen and sports car bodies.

In response: the new Gen-X 10. (we were going to call it the Ten-X, but Corally already has an SP-10X). The new Gen-X 10 is based on our popular 1:12th car. It has the new "Open-X" pod design that makes brushless motor use a breeze.

The Gen-X 10 also features our Pro-Strut front end, easily adjustable, easy to build and very durable. The Pro Strut is mounted on an adjustable front end plate that allows the user to change the wheel base of the car and width of the front end. Of course the Pro-Strut allows the use of trailing or inline axle applications without extra parts. In addition, CRC will offer a 235 mm kit for those looking to replicate the old “wide” cars.

Another real cool feature of the Gen-X 10 is the Lipo/NiMh battery compartment. The car uses different battery trays for flat Lipo’s or round sub C's. This allows the racer many power options; 4 cell Sub-C, 6 cell Sub-C and 7.4 Lipo packs. Also, the tray eliminates the need for that dreaded battery tape. When using 4 sub-C cells, one can move the pack back and forth for different weight balance. Speaking of balance, with the inline design and careful placement of the servo, the Gen-X 10 is balanced for equal weight left and right.

The car is suspended by a large body shock. For side-to-side suspension, the car uses CRC's proven "Uni-tune" side spring/damper tube suspension that has been often copied but never quite duplicated. CRC's Rocket tubes are carried over from the Gen-X 12th car.

A super-cool bumper that has CRC’s sunk personal transponder mount will be included. Other features are; 2.5 mm graphite chassis parts, a Pro diff, aluminum front shock mount and pre-drilled servo position holes with CRC’s aluminum mounts. The car is designed in house and all of the graphite parts are cut on our CNC machines at our Rome, NY based facility. It’s all good!

We will have some new cars (our new 1:10th oval car as well) on display all week at the Snowbirds. The car should street price at under $300 and be available around March 1.

Thanks again, see ya at the track.
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

oops, double post
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:53 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDCrow Send a message via Skype™ to JDCrow

Frank,
I think you need to run a demo class with all the new pan cars at the Paved On-Road Nats.

Quintons track will be perfect location to show how impressive a pan car can be. There are a lot of racers who have never seen a 1:10 pan car really strut it stuff.

Nice job on the new car.

JD
JDCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:32 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any plans for nerf wings?
Old 01-28-2008, 12:41 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Well, thats a car that Could smoke my NT1 LOL. Where do I get in line for preorder?

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:45 AM   #22
Tech Elite

and regarding bodies just run the 200mm lola style bodies, they are all over. I still think the stratus 3.1 would look bitchin on that.. Dunno about the wheel base tho.. is it around 261mm on that thing? One thought, 6 cell mod *GRIN FROM EAR TO EAR* What do you think Timmy?

Old 01-28-2008, 03:28 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to scottk

What tyres and rims do they run ?
scottk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:43 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottk View Post
What tyres and rims do they run ?
I would be guessing, But the same BSR, Jaco, tires as we run in oval, just diffrent compounds.. Like double pink or purple fronts and pink rears... tires aren't cheap. Hell in 2004 Paved nats I ran green/ green lol one set of tires for the whole event Got 6th place too lol.. thats budget racing right there lol. But they last longer than touring car tires unless you chunk them.. the full boogie johns tires are 25/fronts 28/rears. The spec tires are about 20/pair. I think they are a fair bit cheaper at my LHS www.jphracing.com.

-Cheers

Old 01-28-2008, 08:18 AM   #25
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
and regarding bodies just run the 200mm lola style bodies, they are all over. I still think the stratus 3.1 would look bitchin on that.. Dunno about the wheel base tho.. is it around 261mm on that thing? One thought, 6 cell mod *GRIN FROM EAR TO EAR* What do you think Timmy?

Like This????

Old 01-28-2008, 08:29 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Nice looking car. All I need now is for Technacraft to re-release their aluminum BBS wheels and I would be happy

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:53 AM   #27
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr View Post
Nice looking car. All I need now is for Technacraft to re-release their aluminum BBS wheels and I would be happy
Tell me about it... I've been looking for a set of those wheels forever... I have 2 sets of aluminum wheels I've never mounted donuts on, matter of fact I have a lot of old NIB pan car stuff....
Old 01-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny View Post
Like This????

yup, because thats SICK lol. wrong motor man, what are you doing? where is the checkpoint 7x1?! lol

Old 01-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #29
Uga
Tech Regular

The car looks real sweet. I was thinking about getting something for the summer. Most guys around here are racing 1/10 nitro TC, but I'm not a fan of nitro, nobody's running 12th scale on asphalt and stock TC seems a bit too sluggish for me, so the 10th scale pan car I think would be a good choice. Maybe after showing it off on the track I could get a few more guys into it I wonder when Jason at BMI is going to release his car..?
Racing in Latvia
Uga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:02 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post
Hi gang,

Thanks for the nice words regarding the new CRC Gen-X 10. The Gen-X 10 was a team effort here at CRC and all of us here appreciate the nice words.

We are very excited about the car. Our older Pantoura car (based on the Carpet Knife 3.2) was quite popular. It was a 190 - 200 mm pan car that accepted a touring or GTP style body. After the Gen-X 12th car replaced the 3.2, we phased out the Pantoura. We were shocked to see the number of calls and inquiries looking for a car of this scale.

This entry is targeted as an alternative to the more expensive 4wd touring cars. It is more durable, easier to work on and built to accept the cool bodies that exist in the 200 mm class. We will soon have pictures of our car with a sexy HPI Saleen mounted up. Any one who has been around a while knows that CRC’s first passion is 1:12th scale, and this is certainly not a replacement for 1:12th scale. We see the cars used more on outdoor asphalt tracks with Corvette, Mustang, Viper, McLaren, Saleen and sports car bodies.

In response: the new Gen-X 10. (we were going to call it the Ten-X, but Corally already has an SP-10X). The new Gen-X 10 is based on our popular 1:12th car. It has the new "Open-X" pod design that makes brushless motor use a breeze.

The Gen-X 10 also features our Pro-Strut front end, easily adjustable, easy to build and very durable. The Pro Strut is mounted on an adjustable front end plate that allows the user to change the wheel base of the car and width of the front end. Of course the Pro-Strut allows the use of trailing or inline axle applications without extra parts. In addition, CRC will offer a 235 mm kit for those looking to replicate the old “wide” cars.

Another real cool feature of the Gen-X 10 is the Lipo/NiMh battery compartment. The car uses different battery trays for flat Lipo’s or round sub C's. This allows the racer many power options; 4 cell Sub-C, 6 cell Sub-C and 7.4 Lipo packs. Also, the tray eliminates the need for that dreaded battery tape. When using 4 sub-C cells, one can move the pack back and forth for different weight balance. Speaking of balance, with the inline design and careful placement of the servo, the Gen-X 10 is balanced for equal weight left and right.

The car is suspended by a large body shock. For side-to-side suspension, the car uses CRC's proven "Uni-tune" side spring/damper tube suspension that has been often copied but never quite duplicated. CRC's Rocket tubes are carried over from the Gen-X 12th car.

A super-cool bumper that has CRC’s sunk personal transponder mount will be included. Other features are; 2.5 mm graphite chassis parts, a Pro diff, aluminum front shock mount and pre-drilled servo position holes with CRC’s aluminum mounts. The car is designed in house and all of the graphite parts are cut on our CNC machines at our Rome, NY based facility. It’s all good!

We will have some new cars (our new 1:10th oval car as well) on display all week at the Snowbirds. The car should street price at under $300 and be available around March 1.

Thanks again, see ya at the track.
Awesome job, Frank-o!!!

Finally something else for us 1/12th pan car guys. We are starting a series out here in NCAL using 1/10th 235mm and 200mm chassis. Your timing is impeccable!!!

How soon can you start shipping?
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote