R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #2656
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Im using CLN3337... Got a part # for the 1/12 servo saver?
www.extremercforum.com
RCstraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #2657
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCstraat View Post
Im using CLN3337... Got a part # for the 1/12 servo saver?
servo mount part number is:

CLN3315 Molded Servo Mounts-flat (from CRC)

servo saver (any 12th scale "small" servo saver will work)

http://kimbroughracingproducts.com/s...ategory_id=205

PS~ i used the middle holes

Last edited by joeymdz; 02-02-2012 at 03:17 PM.
joeymdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #2658
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default GenX10LE

I've got a like-new GenX10LE that I'm offering for sale. It's complete including all electronics and a healthy inventory of spares. If interested, please PM for further details.
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #2659
Tech Rookie

Default using roll-center kit with multi-width front brace

Hey Guys,

Quick question about raising the upper hinge pins on the LE.
Currently I've the front end set up with the following parts:

17402 - Reversed servo plate ( medium )
1776 - multi-brace
3348 - long upper arms
3277 - Cross brace ( modified )
4266 - 10 deg upper A-arm mounts

However when adding the roll center kit (CRC 3230) to raise the hinge pins, the supplied screws are not long enough to pass through the combined thickness of the graphite brace, plus the 2 roll center plastic things.

The screws are fine if I remove one of the hinge pin plastic clamp things, but to keep the pins in their raised position, I would need to remove the clamp that sits above the pin, which would leave only the flat graphite of the upper brace holding the pin in position from above, and the remaining plastic clamp below.

Is this the correct way to build the front end when using these parts, or am I missing something (like longer optional screws)?

BTW, I've searched the thread, but couldn't find a discussion that deals specifically with this issue.

thanks,
-m

Last edited by mjw353; 02-05-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: grammer correction
mjw353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #2660
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw353 View Post
Hey Guys,

Quick question about raising the upper hinge pins on the LE.
Currently I've the front end set up with the following parts:

17402 - Reversed servo plate ( medium )
1776 - multi-brace
3348 - long upper arms
3277 - Cross brace ( modified )
4266 - 10 deg upper A-arm mounts

However when adding the roll center kit (CRC 3230) to raise the hinge pins, the supplied screws are not long enough to pass through the combined thickness of the graphite brace, plus the 2 roll center plastic things.

The screws are fine if I remove one of the hinge pin plastic clamp things, but to keep the pins in their raised position, I would need to remove the clamp that sits above the pin, which would leave only the flat graphite of the upper brace holding the pin in position from above, and the remaining plastic clamp below.

Is this the correct way to build the front end when using these parts, or am I missing something (like longer optional screws)?

BTW, I've searched the thread, but couldn't find a discussion that deals specifically with this issue.

thanks,
-m
With the added height of the #3277 brace, you have effectively raised the postion of the upper arm hinge pins. So, adding the #3230 roll center kit is not necessary.

The parts you listed above are what I run; but, don't forget the #3315 Servo Mounts-Flat to attach your servo to the plate.

After testing with the medium and long reversed servo plates, I give a big thumbs up to the long unit for carpet and asphalt tracks. Get both and give em a go for your track conditions.

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 02-05-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #2661
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
With the added height of the #1776 multi-brace, you have effectively raised the postion of the upper arm hinge pins. So, adding the #3230 roll center kit is not necessary.

The parts you listed above are what I run; but, don't forget the #3315 Servo Mounts-Flat to attach your servo to the plate.

After testing with the medium and long reversed servo plates, I give a big thumbs up to the long unit for carpet and asphalt tracks. Get both and give em a go for your track conditions.

Bill
Thanks Bill,

Thats exactly the info that I was looking for. By your description it sounds like I just need to swap the positions of the brace and the hinge pin clamp:
( Brace below the pin, plastic clamp above; currently I have it built the other way 'round )

I do have both the medium & wide plates, but currently I'm finding I have more than enough front end grip with the medium plate. ( the track where I run the car is indoor asphalt: approx. 50 x150' : very smooth & very high grip ) Haven't run the car on carpet yet.

Actually, with the set-up that I'm working on- I've been trying to dial out some of the initial turn-in, looking for a bit more progressive feel to the steering, so I've been trying to slow down weight transfer: both Side - Side, as well as Rear ->Frnt.

As for the servo mount, I'm using the aluminum version (3355) of the mount you suggested, any reason to switch to the plastic one?

Thanks again,
-m
mjw353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #2662
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw353 View Post
Thanks Bill,

Thats exactly the info that I was looking for. By your description it sounds like I just need to swap the positions of the brace and the hinge pin clamp:
( Brace below the pin, plastic clamp above; currently I have it built the other way 'round )

I do have both the medium & wide plates, but currently I'm finding I have more than enough front end grip with the medium plate. ( the track where I run the car is indoor asphalt: approx. 50 x150' : very smooth & very high grip ) Haven't run the car on carpet yet.

Actually, with the set-up that I'm working on- I've been trying to dial out some of the initial turn-in, looking for a bit more progressive feel to the steering, so I've been trying to slow down weight transfer: both Side - Side, as well as Rear ->Frnt.

As for the servo mount, I'm using the aluminum version (3355) of the mount you suggested, any reason to switch to the plastic one?

Thanks again,
-m
Sorry, I mixed up the two brace numbers. I meant to say the #3277 brace (modified) raised the pivot pin of the upper arm. Not the new multi-brace that goes on top.

The #3355 servo mounts have no offset (unless you use a lot of spacers); so, you will have the steering tie-rods sweeping back. Mine are straight to each other.

For me, wider slows down steering and calms the car.

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 02-05-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #2663
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

I have one for sale here: CRC Gen X-10 Wgt Roller-Mckune Chassis & Alot of Spare Parts
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #2664
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats to Max Kuenning for his "w" in WGT at the 2012 Snowbirds. Way to go Max!!!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #2665
Tech Fanatic

Max "The Party House" Kuenning got it done!!
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #2666
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Congrats to Max Kuenning for his "w" in WGT at the 2012 Snowbirds. Way to go Max!!!!!

Another great result for the CRC Gen-X 10 LE. Seven out of 10 cars in the A-main were CRC Gen-X 10's

Super job from the entire team and congratulations Max! Great driving in a pressure packed environment.
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #2667
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
Max "The Party House" Kuenning got it done!!
You're still my hero! Git em next time amigo!
Old 02-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #2668
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Great job to Max K for his win at snowbirds.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #2669
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Set ups posted

Could we please get these great winning cars set ups posted on the web site?
It would be great to see the trends and fast guys ideas on set up.
Thanks and God Bless
CRC WTF-1
Jsaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #2670
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

What are some of you running for gearing in WGT 13.5 blinky? I'm at 80/42 with 54mm tires. My car is fast but could probably use a little more bottom. My temps are 150 after a heat. I'm not sure which way to go.
elex300 is offline   Reply With Quote