R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #2611
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by XesbyecroF View Post
noone?i think that in germany some guys run this with 4.5t motors in 2s asphalt?i didnt buy this for racing just for fun in the track..we dont have so many pancars here but i will gather some guys(some saying that 3.5t is to fast for pancar and asphalt...we will see) ....thanks bill
Try 10.5 s2 boosted, we reach speeds upto 100kph at our track. This is beter for the motorpod, and you won't be destroying as much spurs.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #2612
Tech Master

Quote:
noone?i think that in germany some guys run this with 4.5t motors in 2s asphalt?i didnt buy this for racing just for fun in the track..we dont have so many pancars here but i will gather some guys(some saying that 3.5t is to fast for pancar and asphalt...we will see) ....thanks bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
What westy says

But if you want to use the extentions then for a ballpark gues rollout between 25 and 28 mm depending on circuit. You should use 48dp spurs and pinions.
Replace the 1/12 centershock with a touringcar shock if you haven't already. The 1/12 shock is too weak for a 2s lipo heavy car.
see above, i already posted a ballpark gues rollout
Old 01-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #2613
Tech Initiate

Quote:
see above, i already posted a ballpark gues rollout

thanks 2wd..i just changed to 48p 27,23 rollout..my ony problem is that i can fit the suspension from a tc because the ball cup is bigger..

p.s next thing airbrush my p905b
XesbyecroF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #2614
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If anyone is interested in running on bigger tracks like 1/8th scale nitro, this might be the next trend in fast electrics. What do you guys think?
I'm getting closer and closer to finishing the prototype and hope to have it on track soon.
If this goes into production, the front end will most likely be a more traditional pan car type but for now, I have a bunch of Evolva parts to get something built up for initial testing. Who knows, maybe it will work really well as is.
Attached Thumbnails
CRC 1/10 Pan Car-pancar-01_12_2012.jpg  
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #2615
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
If anyone is interested in running on bigger tracks like 1/8th scale nitro, this might be the next trend in fast electrics. What do you guys think?
I'm getting closer and closer to finishing the prototype and hope to have it on track soon.
If this goes into production, the front end will most likely be a more traditional pan car type but for now, I have a bunch of Evolva parts to get something built up for initial testing. Who knows, maybe it will work really well as is.
i would rather have the battery load towards the rear and have the electronics towards the front (if you are going to use that chassis)
Old 01-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #2616
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymdz View Post
i would rather have the battery load towards the rear and have the electronics towards the front (if you are going to use that chassis)
You can do that. It's just where I placed the battery in the 3D model.
This version is showing a 3s but you will have the room to use most any battery configuration you wish. A 2s pack on a 4.5 or 5.5 motor should do very well given the traction to weight ratio for this design. I have yet to integrate the battery stops but I likely will model them up soon and make them adjustable.
This is an eighth scale car by the way...
There is plenty of room in the pod to even use a 550 or bigger motor but that may not be practical.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #2617
Tech Master

How thick will the rear axle be? If you want to put in a 1/8 motor be sure to make enough room in the pod so you can move the bigger motor back and forth. Make the carbon topplate in a square and all the way over the podplates. It will make the whole pod a lot sturdier.

ps:
I see the carbon bottom podplate stops halfway? Why is that?

Last edited by 2wdrive; 01-13-2012 at 03:25 PM.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #2618
Tech Master

Quote:
How thick will the rear axle be? If you want to put in a 1/8 motor be sure to make enough room in the pod so you can move the bigger motor back and forth. Make the carbon topplate in a square and all the way over the podplates. It will make the whole pod a lot sturdier.

ps:
I see the carbon bottom podplate stops halfway? Why is that?
It's a 10mm carbon axle.
The original design I had was identical to the CRC pod, just bigger but I realized that with 3mm carbon material, it was plenty strong so I started trimming the fat. The bulkheads are 6mm thick and are quite strong based on the amount of material I neglected to remove.
The bottom plate only goes halfway back because I only saw a need to provide clearance for the motor and the x brace on the rear would provide plenty of lateral rigidity as well. It's still primarily a box design, just is a little more trick. Regarding motor clearance, I modeled the pod using a Mamba monster 2650 kv motor with room to spare. The internal width of the pod is nearly 83mm wide! There is plenty of room for adjustability especially if you choose to run a 540 size motor. One might need to add a little weight to balance the pod in this case as it will be a little off center.

Here is a picture with the plastic prototype parts attached. Note the bulkheads are from the original design which was more like the CRC layout.
Attached Thumbnails
CRC 1/10 Pan Car-imag0225comp.jpg  
Old 01-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #2619
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Enjoy!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #2620
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Is this Mr. Yoder? I believe ive seen that prototype up close and personal at Norcal! Cant wait, the car will be amazing when finished.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #2621
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Is this Mr. Yoder? I believe ive seen that prototype up close and personal at Norcal! Cant wait, the car will be amazing when finished.
Awe man... my cover is blown.
Things are coming together so I hope to be testing at nor-cal in the spring.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #2622
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Awe man... my cover is blown.
Things are coming together so I hope to be testing at nor-cal in the spring.
Ha Ha! I will be passing through El'Fresno tomorrow to see my pops on my way to Chino,CA for the 2012 Region 12 on road Championship. Are you going? I'm not racing, just having fun watching this time. Anyways I was waiting for you car to pop up on the "Will there ever be a 1/8 scale on road car" thread here! Its on page 5 now. I think it will actually work out well on Norcals track. Not enough room for the 1/8 gas to have room to gear up but a 1/8th electric and 1 to 1 gear ratio, sweet! Thanks for all your help this winter and keep up the good work.
josh
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #2623
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thought I recognized that arm...

And I think it is potentially more marketable (to the off-road crowd) with a 3S pack option. Gives them a way to use those packs.

Bill
Old 01-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #2624
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Im guessing that it would use 1/8 LMP bodies?
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #2625
Tech Initiate

Questions??

i think that i have too much camber for starting rounds.. what do you think?0 dregree dynamic caster,5mm height front..some advice please for tweaking...i am a new guy
XesbyecroF is offline   Reply With Quote