CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

I suggest a wider and stronger motor pod for a 3.5t motor
Old 01-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Still Bill
I believe you will find these plates shown in the original Gen-X 10 Pro manual (on the CRC website). Probably not in the LE manual. They should be stacked under the larger plates to allow you to run larger front tires on you car without adding other shims to get to proper front ride height.
so they are just acting as another set of spacers then. I will check with the exceed tires I have to see if I need them. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XesbyecroF
thanks bill..guys what pinion do you suggest for a 1/8 track 2s lipo 3.5t motor 64p 88spur?
What westy says

But if you want to use the extentions then for a ballpark gues rollout between 25 and 28 mm depending on circuit. You should use 48dp spurs and pinions.

Replace the 1/12 centershock with a touringcar shock if you haven't already. The 1/12 shock is too weak for a 2s lipo heavy car.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
What westy says

But if you want to use the extentions then for a ballpark gues rollout between 25 and 28 mm depending on circuit. You should use 48dp spurs and pinions.

Replace the 1/12 centershock with a touringcar shock if you haven't already. The 1/12 shock is too weak for a 2s lipo heavy car.

thanks..i just changed to 48p replace the shock..but i feel that my spur is going back and forward is that right?kimbrough spur with 1229 part balls..i think that the pod is small for big pinion..
Old 01-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

finally got round to doing a blog update!

http://rcgtpancars.blogspot.com/
Old 01-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris_blakey

i like your blogs

PS~ love the pod plate! (troy is a good friend of mine)

also change out that rear shock to the encore. for me it was a night and day difference in performance compared to the losi. plus you'll loose a few grams

nice paint!

Last edited by joeymdz; 01-12-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XesbyecroF
thanks bill..guys what pinion do you suggest for a 1/8 track 2s lipo 3.5t motor 64p 88spur?
I do not know anyone running that combination. If you plan on racing at some point in time, I suggest following the motor/battery configuration that is being run at your local track.

Bill
Old 01-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Chris,

Thanks for updating your blog.

Have been running the reversed flat servo mount since September. At the IIC. Frank C had the production parts for me; so, my cars are like yours.

One suggestion...Try to get the steering links to be at the same angle as the upper arms for less toe change as the suspension moves (per Frank). I achieved this by custom drilling a Kimbrough #200 Mid-Sized Servo Saver with the appropriate hole positions (located closer to the inward pre-drilled holes of the #201 servo saver).

Again...Beautiful blog.

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 01-12-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I used a 12th scale servo saver.. The turnbuckels are not flat.. I have some bump steer but i learned to drive with it... And its nice (less camber works) really nice!

Ps-bill... How many grams difference is the losi shock vs. The encore
Old 01-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by joeymdz
I used a 12th scale servo saver.. The turnbuckels are not flat.. I have some bump steer but i learned to drive with it... And its nice (less camber works) really nice!

Ps-bill... How many grams difference is the losi shock vs. The encore
With the new reversed flat servo mounting, I was able to add camber to carry more speed through the corners...LOL.

Not so worried about the Losi shock's weight because it still can be used on a heavier 2S powered WGT. Just needs to be blueprinted by cleaning the flashing off of its piston.

But, I only run Encores on my two 1S cars.

Bill
Old 01-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Chris,

The mount holes in the reversed flat plate are for JR, KO and Futaba mini servos.

Try the CRC long upper arms for less camber change in high traction conditions. I have them on almost all the time. And they have holes to convert to standard length arms with a little bit of work.

Bill
Old 01-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Bill,

Cheers for that, will look into the long arm conversion in the future. I think the car is going great now its just me that needs more practice!

I am happy with the shock and the car so will leave the shock for the time being!

Trying to get as much track time as possible but work and family get in the way! Been trying VRC with the 1/12th to make sure my thumbs dont go rusty. Not quite the same but helps.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default bump steer

chris,
in looking thru your blog photos, it appears that the outer ends of your tierods are a fair amount lower than the inner (servo saver) end since the addition of the flat mounted servo. As you have already noted, this will create bump steer. It is simple enough to ease that problem substantially just by installing taller ball studs on the steering blocks. Thankfully, with the large inner diameter of the 1/10th scale wheels, there's plenty of room to use quite a tall ballstud without causing any interference problems.
Happy motoring...
Hi Bill,

Cheers for that, will look into the long arm conversion in the future. I think the car is going great now its just me that needs more practice!

I am happy with the shock and the car so will leave the shock for the time being!

Trying to get as much track time as possible but work and family get in the way! Been trying VRC with the 1/12th to make sure my thumbs dont go rusty. Not quite the same but helps.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:49 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

You would have thought that but I have raised the ball studs as much as I can without them touching the wheels. I use the middle hole on the steering block. I don't believe I have up close pics of that on there but they are there. Like I said its not far of level now and I am loving the way the car is handling at the minute!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Still Bill
I do not know anyone running that combination. If you plan on racing at some point in time, I suggest following the motor/battery configuration that is being run at your local track.

Bill
noone?i think that in germany some guys run this with 4.5t motors in 2s asphalt?i didnt buy this for racing just for fun in the track..we dont have so many pancars here but i will gather some guys(some saying that 3.5t is to fast for pancar and asphalt...we will see) ....thanks bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.