R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #2176
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
The 6 month rule could be amended if the body were released soon enough. One WGT body in particular, doesn't really meet the "Golden Rule" of WGT body legality, as it has NEVER been raced in a GT series anywhere in the world. So the addition of an actual race car shell would, at the very least, be considered by the Champs staff..........

I just wish Black Art would do an ALMS M3.............
If it's out soon enough I will have one at the Cleveland Champs for sure. You would have to watch the lowest mains to see it though
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:44 AM   #2177
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Speed Passion - Competition V3.0 1 Cell Motor - 10.5R

Hi,

this year we will have rule that will allow use of 1S LiPo with 10.5T motors (until now only 2S with 17.5T).

Does SP Competition V3.0 1 Cell motor have some advantage over others? Or there is some better ones suitable for 1S setup.

ESC will be HW 120A 1S edition. Maybe someone have experience with it in WGT on 1S LiPo and can share some?

Thank you!

www.rc-cars.lt - offroad in Lithuania
www.lasa.lt - onroad in Lithuania
audriusv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #2178
Tech Initiate

Hi folks,
On the assembly manual of the gen x10, on the rear axle, there's a part call the diff spacer. It is a red anodized color spacer that goes on the axle after the Flange bearing and before the spring washer.

It appear this part induce pressure on to the inner race of the flange bearing when the nylon diff nut is tighten. I was wondering if any of you have replace this diff spacer with a thrust bearing and got positive result?
Because the thrust bearing would put the pressure onto the outer race of the flange bearing instead of the inner race, therefore, would be more efficient.

Thanks
xxcysxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:34 PM   #2179
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for all your setup advice guys. 1/12th kingpins & 55mm springs worked awesome, I beat my fastest lap time by 2 seconds tonight and hold the track record now It's a new club so it's not a big deal but we've had some fast WGT guys come out to the track so I'm stoked. Once I figure out why I don't have any brakes and true my tires down from 58mm, it's so ON
Old 08-23-2011, 11:17 PM   #2180
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieMan View Post
Thanks for all your setup advice guys. 1/12th kingpins & 55mm springs worked awesome, I beat my fastest lap time by 2 seconds tonight and hold the track record now It's a new club so it's not a big deal but we've had some fast WGT guys come out to the track so I'm stoked. Once I figure out why I don't have any brakes and true my tires down from 58mm, it's so ON
Get her dialed in for the Champs Brodie!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #2181
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcysxx View Post
Hi folks,
On the assembly manual of the gen x10, on the rear axle, there's a part call the diff spacer. It is a red anodized color spacer that goes on the axle after the Flange bearing and before the spring washer.

It appear this part induce pressure on to the inner race of the flange bearing when the nylon diff nut is tighten. I was wondering if any of you have replace this diff spacer with a thrust bearing and got positive result?
Because the thrust bearing would put the pressure onto the outer race of the flange bearing instead of the inner race, therefore, would be more efficient.

Thanks
SlapMaster Tools sells thrust bearing conversions for Pancar differentials. They are very popular upgrades.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #2182
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcysxx View Post
Hi folks,

Thanks
I use the Slapmaster Thrust Bearing Assembly on all of my pan cars. Check www.slapmastertools.com to get one. Has sized spacers for different makes/models of cars.

And you won't be servicing your diff so often...

Shhhhhh...About the performance...

Last edited by Still Bill; 08-23-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:55 AM   #2183
Tech Regular

Default 1s position

What is every one running in cell position North to South or East to West and why .
Old 08-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #2184
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
What is every one running in cell position North to South or East to West and why .
Currently I'm running North/South, all the way forward. It has settled the car down, and greatly reduced the car's tendency to traction roll.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #2185
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Currently I'm running North/South, all the way forward. It has settled the car down, and greatly reduced the car's tendency to traction roll.
I bought my car used with the battery in the same position, I was told this exact quote. I haven't moved mine and I love the way the car feels compared to my 10R5
Old 08-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #2186
Tech Elite

i dont always run thrust bearings in my diffs.......but when i do, i run slapmaster.

ian = you are wise grasshopper. check your pm.
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #2187
Tech Fanatic

I just switched from 2 cell to 1 cell (N-S front position) with front side mount ESC & balanced left to right. handled great and no more traction rolling as I had with 2 cell. Going to try the ESC under the centre shock and see how that works for me. Chassis seemed to like the weight up front though.
Attached Thumbnails
CRC 1/10 Pan Car-genx-layout.jpg  
Old 08-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #2188
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Looking to buy a new kit to get into this class, but everyone seems to have them on backorder. Any idea when they will become available again?
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #2189
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE View Post
Looking to buy a new kit to get into this class, but everyone seems to have them on backorder. Any idea when they will become available again?
Direct from CRC unless they are out as well. Guess that's a good sign for WGT, lots of Gen X 10 LE's sold Horizon lists late September. I know someone selling one in Ontario Canada Eh!

Just want to verify that the Gen XL & Gen X 10 LE share pretty much every part except the chassis right. What about the axle?? I was going to buy a Gen XL but now I want the speedmerchant conversion so it would probably just be cheaper to build off that with my spares and buy another rear pod I would assume.

Last edited by BrodieMan; 08-24-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #2190
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE View Post
Shouldn't you be working?