R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #1756
Tech Master

Hi guys, ran my CRC GT10 for the first time last night, and was really pleased with the performance straight from the box. However, I chewed up a spur gear on the first run, even though the meshing was set correctly. On further inspection, there is a LOT of movement of the axle in the motor pod. Not only the bearing holders, but also from the pod plates themselfs, especially the small, non spur gear side. I will buy another motor plate and top plate (which I have seen the 12th guys do) which should cure the problem but not as good as I thought it would be in that department! Cheers, Chris.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #1757
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Take a pair of side cutters and put a couple of dimples in the adjusters, this usually will take some of the slop out.

chuck
mackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #1758
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Think about buying the CRC#3381 - Rear Ride Height Spacer Set (All sizes). You will get rear axle height adjusters with closer tolerances and get ulitimate adjustability with .25 increments.

Check out the new CRC#1763 - Team CRC Full Box Rear Pod Top Plate which should be available soon. Use it with another right side motor plate on the left side.

Both are pictured on the CRC website...www.teamcrc.com

Bill
Old 04-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #1759
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Think about buying the CRC#3381 - Rear Ride Height Spacer Set (All sizes). You will get rear axle height adjusters with closer tolerances and get ulitimate adjustability with .25 increments.

Check out the new CRC#1763 - Team CRC Full Box Rear Pod Top Plate which should be available soon. Use it with another right side motor plate on the left side.

Both are pictured on the CRC website...www.teamcrc.com

Bill
hey bill i nearly ordered another right side mount for my le but couldn't figure out how it could work,the recess for the ride height spacer are on opposite sides for left and right,if you have two rights they ride height spacers would both mount in from the right side,would this then let the whole axle assembly pop out once pressure was applied from the left side.or do you flip it up side down
there is probably some thing I'm missing,i hope as i would really like to up grade the rear pod to some thing stronger.
EDIT. after close inspection of my car i realise the motor plate is recessed both sides
ozzy-crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:57 AM   #1760
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl View Post
hey bill i nearly ordered another right side mount for my le but couldn't figure out how it could work,the recess for the ride height spacer are on opposite sides for left and right,if you have two rights they ride height spacers would both mount in from the right side,would this then let the whole axle assembly pop out once pressure was applied from the left side.or do you flip it up side down
there is probably some thing I'm missing,i hope as i would really like to up grade the rear pod to some thing stronger.
EDIT. after close inspection of my car i realise the motor plate is recessed both sides
the CRC motor side plates have the oval for the ride height adjuster cut in both sides of the aluminum. So the same motor plate will work either on the left or the right side of the pod.
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #1761
Tech Regular

Default CRC McKune CONVERSION help

Decided to fit wide Troy front plate.

1.Does the CRC part number 72 the risers go underneath the plate.
2.I also noticed it is not possible to use the long wheel base hole as bottom wishbone will foul the center screw. is this correct
3.On set up im using the zero caster blocks with all washers to rear , I also have 10 degree blocks .What would you use and position of washers with wider front end.
4.Ive been using white side springs , my car also has the losi original shock with a gold spring

Plus a stupid question ,the wide bottom front plate does it go with the metal insert up ,I guess it does.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #1762
Tech Regular

Default WGT TYRES

My son is due to visit canada in May I would like to buy some tyres what is the price of WGT tyres in Canada He is visiting Coquitlam so where would he go in Vancouver any good shops. I see there is a shop in Coquitlam but cant find web address or contact details.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #1763
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
My son is due to visit canada in May I would like to buy some tyres what is the price of WGT tyres in Canada He is visiting Coquitlam so where would he go in Vancouver any good shops. I see there is a shop in Coquitlam but cant find web address or contact details.
http://www.racetechhobbies.com/phpBB3/portal.php
amygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #1764
Tech Regular

Default spotted that one

http://www.racetechhobbies.com/phpBB3/portal.php

but just seems to be s forum cant work out how to get in to site gave up.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #1765
Suspended

2731 Barnet Highway #2
Coquitlam, BC V3E 1K9
(604) 945-3888
www.racetechhobbies.com‎

open Monday to Wednesday from 11:00AM to 6:00PM, Thursday and Friday from noon to 7:00PM, Saturday from 10:00AM to 5:00PM, and we are now open on Sundays from noon to 5:00PM!
Old 04-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #1766
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

how do you guys fit 2 cell lipo on gen x le? the posts beside battery seems way too short
littlealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #1767
Tech Fanatic

I put alloy spacers Under the posts on mine.
Crc make even shorter posts for 1s but considering most 2s packs are between 23-25mm thick I wish they made some longer ones.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #1768
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl View Post
I put alloy spacers Under the posts on mine.
Crc make even shorter posts for 1s but considering most 2s packs are between 23-25mm thick I wish they made some longer ones.
i see, how thick of spacer do you have to use on each post?
Old 04-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #1769
Tech Fanatic

that would depend on your battery thickness,you will probably need longer screws threw the bottom of chassis if you space it 3-5mm
Old 04-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #1770
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Anyone looking for one, check here: CRC GEN X-10 WGT ROLLER-MCKUNE CHASSIS & TOO MANY SPARE PARTS

best offer
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote