Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC 1/10 Pan Car >

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Old 02-17-2011, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

A genx isn't made for modified. If you are really serious about running modified i would suggest you to sell your crc genx and buy something else like a corally 10sl or if by any change you come across a second hand Speedline or Hatzenbach (or de rc devil one) buy that without blinking.

The modified pro10's in germany use 7 or even 6t delta's. You will have to have a strong pod and chassis to withstand such forces and speeds. Purpose build modified pro10's have 3mm carbon chassis etc. Even the corally with it's 3mm carbon chassis you will have to change out the plastic ride height adjusters to aluminium cause the plastic adjusters can't handle it. To play it safe i would get lipo's in the 6000mAh range. The 5000mAh are sometimes not enough to push the car for 5 minutes. They get a beating.

The corally axle is thicker then the normal associated style axle and uses bigger bearings as well. What i read is that more people are changing towards the corally axle. It seems to be more stable. (together with the aluminium ride height spacers)
Old 02-17-2011, 02:52 AM
Tech Adept

rubish, a genX-10 does work in modified
at velp I run it and it works.
corally XBP 4T, 235mm expansion set,
pink or lilac tires all round,
low roll out and a body like the porsche

to tell the thruth i broke more parts running it indoor for the first time this season as a WGT then i did in two years running it outdoors modified.
it is very durable outdoors

Last edited by tomracing; 02-17-2011 at 03:07 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Hey tom,
Ok i gues i read and heard it wrong from the other peoples experiences.
Hope to see you on the outdoor track soon. (ps your right about indoor damage. )

Alexander
Old 02-17-2011, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tudor_47
What type and brand of rear axle do you suggest using for a 200/235mm x10-link?
Also do you know of a rear pod that can be used with the X10.link that can house 48pitch spurs and pinions?

Nice video! Makes me want summer even more than before.
The X-Ray X10link now comes with the new aluminum rear axle. Older model came with a graphite axle with a threaded metal insert that broke very easily. An option was the CRC axle but it requires a differential change with a CRC one wich doesn't work as smooth as the X-Ray.
I've tried this solution but diff.l plates are more softer than the X-Rays and the thrust bearing need to be replaced more often. You can use both 48 and 64 pitch gears with this car
The 235mm conv.n isn't a good option since it uses a larger axle hub instead of longer axle,this design allow the axle to flex and break often,it happened to my CRC a coupple of times,at the third axle change i put everything back to stock with the 235mm. option back as spare and thrown everythingfor sale on fleabay. The only 235mm. car worth is the Corally,the only 235mm. i've used without having any issue. For this car you better get COrally gears,axle width is slightly different from the others.
I'm sorry for those CRC supporters i'm not here for flaming but when it comes to say something about low winded 235's there's only the proof of practice.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Rookie

indoor is hell
way too fast on way too small tracks
walls everywhere
and to complete this horrorscenario - compatitors pushing you into the boundaries^^

but thatīs the funpart

the crc is fine outdoor - very rigid car
but
nothing compared to a f103 based "tanks"

the more "complex" the suspensions get the weaker they become
in order to be light main parts canīt be made of aluminum and in order to be affordable it canīt be made of more exotic materials

all in all the crc does a great job
itīs a good compromise : strong + good handling + $

greetz
GenX_CLR
Old 02-17-2011, 06:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Hey tom,
Ok i gues i read and heard it wrong from the other peoples experiences.
Hope to see you on the outdoor track soon. (ps your right about indoor damage. )

Alexander
Tell me about it, just order for about $100 of motorpod wheelhub parts.
And 1 part is even discontinued

Can't wait for the outdoor season.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The crc wgt with the 235 kit will work just as good as any other car running mod thinking it wont is just plane crazy. i have ran it and it works very well you just have to find a good setup that works for your driving style very easy to set up.

Last edited by 303slowdown; 02-17-2011 at 07:04 AM. Reason: added more
Old 02-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GenX10_CLR
indoor is hell
way too fast on way too small tracks
walls everywhere
and to complete this horrorscenario - compatitors pushing you into the boundaries^^

but thatīs the funpart

the crc is fine outdoor - very rigid car
but
nothing compared to a f103 based "tanks"

the more "complex" the suspensions get the weaker they become
in order to be light main parts canīt be made of aluminum and in order to be affordable it canīt be made of more exotic materials

all in all the crc does a great job
itīs a good compromise : strong + good handling + $

greetz
GenX_CLR
Yep, almost every CRC WGT has broken some front end, link or rear pod parts on the indoor track. All trying to catch up to and or pass my lowly no longer sold AE RC10R5 (which has not broken anything in three seasons). That sort of makes it easier for me to win.

Sorry but I need to make a correction, I have broken several rear axle bearings and chewed up a couple spur gears.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just got back from the final Midwest Grand Slam race in Indy. Finished fifth overall in WGT. Really a great series. Wish I would have had my LE for the first race. Got faster with it every race. Really a great car, easy to set up and drive.

chuck
Old 02-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by westy1969
Tell me about it, just order for about $100 of motorpod wheelhub parts.
And 1 part is even discontinued

Can't wait for the outdoor season.
Are you running the foam bumper?

What is the discontinued part?

Bill
Old 02-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For the past several weeks I've been running a slight variation of Brian Wynn's setup on the CRC website. I'm running the LE version. Quick question, how would you get the front end to 200mm as he states on this setup sheet ? I can get to about 196mm with axle spacers/washers, but much past that the wheel nut is unusable. I really just want to experiment with the car at 200mm front and rear to see how it reacts. The does turn in agressively now, so I'd guess this set up is a bit tamer ? Is there a particular front end part I need to buy to get the LE to 200mm ? There just doesn not seem anyway to do it. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inconceivable
For the past several weeks I've been running a slight variation of Brian Wynn's setup on the CRC website. I'm running the LE version. Quick question, how would you get the front end to 200mm as he states on this setup sheet ? I can get to about 196mm with axle spacers/washers, but much past that the wheel nut is unusable. I really just want to experiment with the car at 200mm front and rear to see how it reacts. The does turn in agressively now, so I'd guess this set up is a bit tamer ? Is there a particular front end part I need to buy to get the LE to 200mm ? There just doesn not seem anyway to do it. Thanks.
are you all the way wide on the front?
Old 02-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeymdz
are you all the way wide on the front?
With the LE, there's really only once choice on width (the center brace is a fixed width). Have I missed something ?

Now with the older car, I can totally see how to fix this issue. Again, with the LE I just can't figure it out. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inconceivable
With the LE, there's really only once choice on width (the center brace is a fixed width). Have I missed something ?

Now with the older car, I can totally see how to fix this issue. Again, with the LE I just can't figure it out. Thanks.
brain fart.. nm
Old 02-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you have to run the front arm assembly mounts like on the old car to get this width.

The LE front cross-brace was design to equal the medium track width setting of the GenX-10.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.