Wiki Posts
Search

EnerG VS. EP Cells

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default EnerG VS. EP Cells

Has any one ran them both. Which do you like. I need to get some new batteries for my 1/12 scale.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Ener-G cells have more punch.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

They are both from the same mfg. The only difference is the shrink wrap.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby J
Negative. The numbers are WAY different from each cell on the exact same matching equipment.

EP have high runtime, but low voltage. Ener-G have higher voltage (not quite IB voltage), but lower run time.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

ener-g definitely has more punch. And 4600 in1/12th runtime isn't a problem.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby J

WOW you figured it out! I guess you don't have any of the Ener-G cells

Raymond
Old 01-14-2008, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have not run the ep cells yet but my ener-g cells get better every week. They have plenty of run time. I have at least 200 seconds of run time left after a run (this is in stock)
Old 01-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It seems like EG has more power than the EP branded cells at the present moment..
Old 01-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation

If anybody wants to send me a pack of Ener-G cells I will run them through the matcher (if unassembled), get the real numbers. Then make them into a pack and plot a series of thre (3) 35 amp discharge curves. Then do the same thing with a set of brand new EP cells (which I already have) and post the results. After testing I will return the Ener-G cells to the person who loans them to me - assembled.

I'd really love to see how these new cells REALLY stack up. If they are good I will carry them and sell them if not I will let everybody know.

Actually, I'd be willing to do this test with ANY of the current new 4500 or 4600 cells.

Any takers?
Old 01-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by QuickRC
If anybody wants to send me a pack of Ener-G cells I will run them through the matcher (if unassembled), get the real numbers. Then make them into a pack and plot a series of thre (3) 35 amp discharge curves. Then do the same thing with a set of brand new EP cells (which I already have) and post the results. After testing I will return the Ener-G cells to the person who loans them to me - assembled.

I'd really love to see how these new cells REALLY stack up. If they are good I will carry them and sell them if not I will let everybody know.

Actually, I'd be willing to do this test with ANY of the current new 4500 or 4600 cells.

Any takers?
Oh yea I'll send ya some brand new cells...

cmon man.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Any takers?
Better yet, you could spend the $60 for a pack yourself. I guess I don't understand your logic.

On another note I am running all EP cells right now and they do have less voltage than the Ener-G cells. My EP's are all at 1.230V and the Ener-G's I have seen at the local hobby shop are the "economy" packs and are 1.240V+ They do have less runtime but it depends on what application you need them for. I have had no issues with false peaking, etc, etc. and therefore have been very happy with the EP cell's reliability.
-Kane
Old 01-14-2008, 05:08 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Uh, yeah bud..I don't see a huge line of people forming to send you their cells so you can turn around and make money off of selling them ... how about you do what we, SMC, Kwik, EA, Promatch, and anyone else I'm forgetting did and buy some cells and do your own testing?

Every matcher is finding these cells are better. Curious though so many people don't believe what we're finding.

Better average voltage than EP ... slightly lower average runtime than EP.

If they weren't fast they wouldn't win races ... if they weren't fast we would not stock them. I've ran both now, I prefer EG cells..
Old 01-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Are you people who are saying Ener G cells have more voltage, saying that because you can feel the difference on the track compared to the EP cells. Or are you those guys that believe what ever is on the cells? God only knows that it is not possible to manipulate the machines to produce higher numbers.

The guys that won the Novak race would have won that race with any of the top companies batteries. PERIOD!!!!!

I hope Quick RC guy does a comparison so you can all see for yourselves.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kane-o
Better yet, you could spend the $60 for a pack yourself. I guess I don't understand your logic.

On another note I am running all EP cells right now and they do have less voltage than the Ener-G cells. My EP's are all at 1.230V and the Ener-G's I have seen at the local hobby shop are the "economy" packs and are 1.240V+ They do have less runtime but it depends on what application you need them for. I have had no issues with false peaking, etc, etc. and therefore have been very happy with the EP cell's reliability.
-Kane
Not sure who is selling "1.240+" as "economy" packs. I thought most were selling the economy at high 1.22's and low 1.23's.

EA
Old 01-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Not sure who is selling "1.240+" as "economy" packs. I thought most were selling the economy at high 1.22's and low 1.23's.

EA
I'd like to have get some 1.24 economy packs -- to sell!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.