Wiki Posts
Search

Need help from all single guys...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default b

Im in my 6th year of college so I have lived that life, Rc's are the thing I come home to, like a nice dog or some shit, girls arelike a hobby to me...(resentement towards women comes from bad high school experiences)...I just was curious of what you guys do in these situations...now that Im thinking of it. Id really rather not introduce the 2...(due to possible contamination, of either)...grateful for all responses...
Old 01-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
A chick comes to my house, they know from the bat because they are parked in my living room. They make a comment like "arent they cute?" until they see one "vrrrrooooommm". At that point, nothing else is said about my hobby (affinity for toys). Dude, get a backbone. As long as you are spending your cheddar, what can they say?
Originally Posted by Nexus
Tell her right before sexy time and let us know how it goes...

Haha, this is a great thread! But seriously, it shouldn't be a problem if YOU don't make it one. I follow a few rules of thumb and I shared them with some fellow racers when we all hit up the bar during a weekend race.

First- Know what your hobbies are. Mine are swimming, hockey, and rock climbing. RC should never come up at the bar.

Second- Put your all your equipment away except for one car! Having only one car visible will let anyone know that you have one and you can then fill them in on what it is you actually do in your spare time.

Third- When the girl sobers up in the morning and sees the car sitting there and asks why you have one you can control what she thinks of it. The key here is to use "gray" words. Something along the lines of: "I race occasionally." "It's kind of fun." or my favorite, "I haven't run that thing forever!" Of course FOREVER is "gray" in terms that forever is more than 5 days (but she doesn't know that).

Now that you've sealed the deal, and she hasn't run away when finding out you have an r/c car then you simply go about your business as usual.

So that's for the initial opening. For the rest, just don't let anyone know that it's what drives your life and it won't be a problem for anyone.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

If my girlfriend decides to spend $400 on a silly brand-name designer purse... there is no reason I shouldn't be able to spend the same amount of money on RC.

'nuff said.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Generally speaking, girlfriends and wives have contempt for things that may take your attention away from them. It's partly in their nature to have some jealousy for other women and things which captivate their spouse's attention, but it is also taught to them by those silly Cosmo type magazines that preach to them they should all literally be treated like a princess. One of the criteria for the "keepers" are the ones that are not self-centered and allow you reasonable time for yourself. On the other hand, of course, you cannot be too selfish with your own time.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gubbs3
Haha, this is a great thread! But seriously, it shouldn't be a problem if YOU don't make it one. I follow a few rules of thumb and I shared them with some fellow racers when we all hit up the bar during a weekend race.

First- Know what your hobbies are. Mine are swimming, hockey, and rock climbing. RC should never come up at the bar.

Second- Put your all your equipment away except for one car! Having only one car visible will let anyone know that you have one and you can then fill them in on what it is you actually do in your spare time.

Third- When the girl sobers up in the morning and sees the car sitting there and asks why you have one you can control what she thinks of it. The key here is to use "gray" words. Something along the lines of: "I race occasionally." "It's kind of fun." or my favorite, "I haven't run that thing forever!" Of course FOREVER is "gray" in terms that forever is more than 5 days (but she doesn't know that).

Now that you've sealed the deal, and she hasn't run away when finding out you have an r/c car then you simply go about your business as usual.

So that's for the initial opening. For the rest, just don't let anyone know that it's what drives your life and it won't be a problem for anyone.
I can roll with that.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

My wife rang me at work one night. "I'm bored!" she said. I told her to build the TT-01 in the cupboard.

Came home, car all built, ready to go. We went out and took it for a spin, she loves it.

No more guy time for me
Old 01-26-2008, 02:50 AM
Tech Regular

my girlfriend finds me cute/funny when i talk about my exciting races i have. she fines me talking like a small little boy.. lol
and theres nothing wrong with that. theres always a little boy in every guy..

i told my collegues that i played with RC cars, and they burst out laughing...
well, imagine your boss told you that they play with toy cars, hell even i would laugh. but when i showed them the video of one of my race... they were like
and i was like
Old 01-26-2008, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

taker her there and show her just once,she will either want to go after 10 minutes or if she shows interest she will stay and learn,giver her a go and let her try it.
ive been maried 10 years and played with cars for 15 my wife knows when i race i relax
show her
Old 01-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Branden Moody
hmm that has to do with nothing. but I skate to and all girls ive had dont care. but i havent done rc in about 2 months.
sry skater friend typed
Old 01-26-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtrsprint
Dude, you can't make her moan?
Dude, if you can't make her moan, then stick with RC.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
Im in my 6th year of college so I have lived that life, Rc's are the thing I come home to, like a nice dog or some shit, girls arelike a hobby to me...(resentement towards women comes from bad high school experiences)...I just was curious of what you guys do in these situations...now that Im thinking of it. Id really rather not introduce the 2...(due to possible contamination, of either)...grateful for all responses...

So are you close to your PhD?
Old 01-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan the Man
My wife rang me at work one night. "I'm bored!" she said. I told her to build the TT-01 in the cupboard.

Came home, car all built, ready to go. We went out and took it for a spin, she loves it.

No more guy time for me
Thats odd.....y would u let her build it, half the fun of rc is building the dam thing....i think when she called you telling you she was bored, she meant something else, sexually orientated...that the only time my gf would ever say i bored.

Originally Posted by Fastforward
Pretty Huge Dick?

Old 01-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fastforward
ish, I would say three more years.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

The only problem my wife has is the money I put into the hobby. (just getting back into it)

One of her sisters asked her once, how she could let me go race toy cars every weekend.

My wife's reply was: At least I know where he is at and he isn't in some bar getting trashed or being hit on by some tramp. Plus it gives me time to put the kids to bed and do my weekly candle light soak in the tub without him getting all excited and getting ideas and bugging the hell out of me.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

you tell them up front
i race little car's
and most just dont get it.
im always in hot water for racing.

thats life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.