Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2003 ROAR Paved On-Road Electric Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

did anyone ever figure out what the variance in car weight was caused by from the morning to the afternoon?
Old 07-01-2003, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default minregg

florida is lucky to have the guys at minregg we race there twice a year with the state series and when thier date is comming up every body goes because they are the bomb. sam,kenny,and the other guys there are the best besides i live here in florida and would be a short trip i vote for every nat to be at minregg.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

did anyone ever figure out what the variance in car weight was caused by from the morning to the afternoon?

Im gonna go out on a limb and say the proximity of UFO's and Trailer Parks along with the level of beer consumed by 12:30
Old 07-01-2003, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Why not tie the Free mag subscription to voting...
Old 07-01-2003, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, go to Regional to registor for Nats, I like that. Hey, I qualified then! hehe..

Hey Mike D. Thanks for all your help. And once again, congrats on the 2 titles! I'll see you at Cleveland! Oh yeah... Mike D.... email me please. I have a question for you. I'm at yahoo.com under kilruf. Thanks

Aside from all the politics... anyone like the pictures?? Chat with yall L8Rz

Jimmy Mac
Old 07-01-2003, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

keep the pictures coming Jimmy.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

spooky who are you
Old 07-01-2003, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can I post the picture of you MD? How about You Steve Wang! hehe...
Old 07-01-2003, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by MDawson
I think i read somewhere here there was a lot of moisture on the track...was it from rain?, clouds?, dew?...the variance could of come from the moisture level in the air, or the lack there-of...

maybe?...
Old 07-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by OSherman
I think i read somewhere here there was a lot of moisture on the track...was it from rain?, clouds?, dew?...the variance could of come from the moisture level in the air, or the lack there-of...

maybe?...
the track has a water table underneath it. they have pumps to prevent the water from coming up through the track.

it was odd. i just told steve to carry some change with him when he took the cars into tech. they didnt use a box around the scale but the wind wasnt blowing. my guess it was a mixture of humidity and the scale.

maybe the extra weight comes from charging in 3981mah

btw, Wanger and RBF, our buddy down the hallway told me he hit 4200mah! doh.

i had a great time. it was nice to put some faces to the names here on rctech. now where is that race calendar.... where to next...
Old 07-01-2003, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Lets make a suggestion to ROAR about tech tools. Have them foot the bill to have them built for each type of chassis, sedan, oval, 1/12th, etc. When the host track has the event they are shipped the tools with full instructions on how to use them and then after the event they are shipped back to ROAR. This way you have the same tools at every event and would limit the complaints. Thoughts on this?

Also, does ROAR have a set of guide lines that the host track must follow for tech? I personally don't know but it would help the host track with what to expect and how to keep things moving smoothly.

Opinions?
Old 07-01-2003, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Well lets start looking at what may be happening in our hobby/sport...you take a look at the largest events in our country (USA)...most of them if not all of them are non sanctioned events. I forsee that the true "national champs" being at these very large events. Look at Cleveland and Snowbirds...the winners at those events get more pub and press then at a ROAR race. I think in the near future that these major event...major in terms of attendence...will replace our nationals as we know it.

Series type racing will soon be a bigger part of our racing thoughts. Series like the Pro Gas type events are popular. These series and events all have rules and people to tech them. I think this will be more of the face of our racing.

I have worked in the Big Car side of race promotion and cannot understand why there is not press release type person involved with ROAR...they do not need to be at all the events...just make sure that publications and information sites like this can get the info out...heck I would be interested in a job like that...lol

Jeff
Old 07-01-2003, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Jeff....What you are talking about promotions is already in place and Dawn Sanchez(whom Im all sure we have heard of on the net here and there) is in charge of Promotions.....but whats been done so far????

Kraig....What you are talking about was brought up before and the ROAR Prez himself said that he was working on something just like what you are talking about. Has this happened? Who knows it might be talked about on Sgid if you can find it.

Wouldnt it be nice if the notes or topics of discussion from all the ROAR meetings was on the ROAR website so ROAR members could see whats really going on? and see what they are talking about.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Kraig - already suggested and in the works(tech tools).As for series the Flordia guys have had series races in On-road Nitro and electric for over twenty years.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

On the promotions part- have you ever tried to get TV or newspaper coverage of a race.The TV guys are a joke 99% of the time. And the newspaper won't come out. That's the way it is here because of one club that messed it up for everyone.This includes when we held a Nationals here and No one came out to cover the race.Because this is football country don't even try coverage during the season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.