Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Lipo weight issue 5.2.6

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default ROAR Lipo weight issue 5.2.6

Don't Fret..... ROAR strikes again. The issue with weight attached to the chassis, and not the power source has been resolved for the two electric on road nats for this year. A deviation was written.

From the ROAR web site

01-22-08 5.2.6 TC Deviation On Road Electric

Any material used to add weight to a vehicle in order to comply with the minimum weight requirements for the class must be securely attached to the vehicle (the vehicle includes all electronics, suspension, and power sources that are mounted to the chassis). If such ballast falls off the vehicle during a race for any reason, and the vehicle is under weight at the post race technical inspection, the vehicle will be disqualified for that run
Old 01-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

can i get a witness!?
Old 01-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
can i get a witness!?
Amen!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Odd...that's the way the rules always were in the past...I remember the same rules for pan car back when we could actually make cars that were under the weight limits.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Good job ROAR!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

can we get Dawn to run in the november election for President?
Old 01-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hebiki
can we get Dawn to run in the november election for President?

ha ha!!

Actually, it wasn't me..

Ruben Benitez, Competition Director, fought hard for this and for you guys in the obvious situations being created with Lipo batteries now.

So, you guys can give Ruben the high five and really, nothing in ROAR the last few weeks could have been done without the entire team of experts and members we have working, it seems 24-7, on this stuff.

BTW, its always a good idea to check this link from time to time.. this is where ROAR makes their announcements. Sometimes we can't get something into the Rule book in time or glitches are found in the book or in systems, so we have to announce it here. http://www.roarracing.com/news.php

Yes, NovaF1Racer, if we had our own forum for communication it would help.... can't rebuild Rome in a day, you know... LOL
Old 01-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Huh... seems like all these decisions make sense.
Really the only one left is to force nimhs to be charged in a bag. I say that because it is consistent with the lipo bag rule, not because either is a really good idea.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by adamge
Huh... seems like all these decisions make sense.
Really the only one left is to force nimhs to be charged in a bag. I say that because it is consistent with the lipo bag rule, not because either is a really good idea.
I doubt the bag would slow down the shrapnel enough to stop it from blinding someone.

The stress tests Should be done on nimh though.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Don't Fret..... ROAR strikes again. The issue with weight attached to the chassis, and not the power source has been resolved for the two electric on road nats for this year. A deviation was written.

From the ROAR web site

01-22-08 5.2.6 TC Deviation On Road Electric

Any material used to add weight to a vehicle in order to comply with the minimum weight requirements for the class must be securely attached to the vehicle (the vehicle includes all electronics, suspension, and power sources that are mounted to the chassis). If such ballast falls off the vehicle during a race for any reason, and the vehicle is under weight at the post race technical inspection, the vehicle will be disqualified for that run
nice work but 53 oz. is way to heavy for these lw touring cars on the market today even 6 cell has to add a lot of weight
Old 01-23-2008, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
nice work but 53 oz. is way to heavy for these lw touring cars on the market today even 6 cell has to add a lot of weight

I think a whole new weight limit should be set for sedans running lipo. Can we somehow take advantage of the lower weight and possibly save on tire wear as well as the "force" of impact in crashes?
Old 01-23-2008, 04:17 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The deviation was the right move......nice work Team ROAR! If the weight comes off and the car is under weight it's a DQ. That's simple enough and it's the way the rules should be written.....simple.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anytime there is a "Nice....BUT"... well. Listen, we are taking the weights into consideration. and No, not all cars need to loose weight at six cell. Regardless, it is being dicussed.

Rome was not built in a day.

jeffb , we cannot reduce the weight of the car becuase lipo's are legal, Nimh is still a popular and viable power source. We do not have seperate Lipo class, so giving a lipo car a lighter weight would be a clear disadvantage to the car running NiMh.

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Old 01-23-2008, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Anytime there is a "Nice....BUT"... well. Listen, we are taking the weights into consideration. and No, not all cars need to loose weight at six cell. Regardless, it is being dicussed.

Rome was not built in a day.

jeffb , we cannot reduce the weight of the car becuase lipo's are legal, Nimh is still a popular and viable power source. We do not have seperate Lipo class, so giving a lipo car a lighter weight would be a clear disadvantage to the car running NiMh.
True I hear you Tim I was "assuming" that we all will in short time be using Lipo soon anyway in everything faster than stock class racing.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

It's true you cant rebuild Rome in a day, but you could build like a real fancy dancy trailer park or something?? Maybe a wood-shed too...just a thought

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Yes, NovaF1Racer, if we had our own forum for communication it would help.... can't rebuild Rome in a day, you know... LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.