Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
PPD EZ-LiPo --TC5 and beyond LiPo mounting Solution. >

PPD EZ-LiPo --TC5 and beyond LiPo mounting Solution.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PPD EZ-LiPo --TC5 and beyond LiPo mounting Solution.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
My bubby has the cyclone (doing the wiring on electronics) but he will measure tonight and post on here. The problem he feels will be the clearence from the chassis to the bulk head. It cuts the distance to the top deck down some.
I dont think it will fit

My TrakPower fits real tight under where the bulk comes down.....
Old 01-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

He posted earlier that it fit into a t2 007.. I just wanted to double check as well. My moorespeed cyclone has about .5-.75mm more clearance than my 007.. from the chassis to the lowest portion of the bulkhead..
Old 01-31-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I dont think it will fit

My TrakPower fits real tight under where the bulk comes down.....
the orion 4800 fits in there just right but anything bigger and there will be problems. The smc 5000 will not work in this car I was going to run Scotty's car on carpet this weekend but it he has the BMI carpet chassis on it and the bulk heads are lowered on the chassis so the lipo's won't fit. I could run his nihm cells but he wants to go practice this weekend at Speedworld so I will just wait until my car is completely ready for asphalt.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST
the orion 4800 fits in there just right but anything bigger and there will be problems. The smc 5000 will not work in this car I was going to run Scotty's car on carpet this weekend but it he has the BMI carpet chassis on it and the bulk heads are lowered on the chassis so the lipo's won't fit. I could run his nihm cells but he wants to go practice this weekend at Speedworld so I will just wait until my car is completely ready for asphalt.
Yeah, same fit between the 2.

I wonder if using the side part, and not using the part that goes under the batt would help? Or at that point, I guess just hook normal weight to the car, and batt

I should be out there soon, Scotty has some work to do on my car
Old 01-31-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fishnfst
He posted earlier that it fit into a t2 007.. I just wanted to double check as well. My moorespeed cyclone has about .5-.75mm more clearance than my 007.. from the chassis to the lowest portion of the bulkhead..
Im sure with a smaller lipo it would fit... But not all the high MAH ones..
Old 01-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

GOT THE STUFF FOR ASPHALT RACING TODAY. GONNA JUST SKIP CARPET AND GET READY FOR OUTDOOR RACING. I MAY RUN THE TC5 AGAIN ON THE RUG THIS WEEKEND OR I MIGHT JUST STAY ME BUTT AT HOME. TOO MANY CHOICES TO MAKE.....LOL
Old 01-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey Kevin do you have an ETA on the MI3 stuff?
Old 02-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Hey Kevin do you have an ETA on the MI3 stuff?
JB- There should be 10 or so kits at SIR Sunday. The best shot at a removeable battery for you would be the inserts, not the plate.

On the questions on fit for other sedans. When I said it fit the T2 07 I was refering to the plate and pattern only. As posted before there will always need to be a small amount of clearance even for the inserts. The question right now is just how much clearance is that. The inserts will drop into the slots, then at a slight angle battery will push back into place. So, the amount of clearance will vary with A) where is the low point that hangs up B) What battery are you running.

These are questions I hope to get answers in the next several days now that everything is complete. Sorry I haven't been available the last 2 days...I got a big ole case of whoop a$$ flu put on me ...feeling a bit better today.

For other sales. I will try to setup some type of limited buy via email and paypal. I will contact those that asked to be in thru PM, email, and the thread in the order recieved.

I will need to know the chassis type, and battery type to complete a deal, otherwise I'll never get the compatibility list we need. I hope to start sending those out tomarrow.

Last edited by Verndog; 02-02-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Right on Vern thanks for the info.. If they do become available I'd like to get 1 of your type 1 plates for the tc5 with the side weight and 1 adjustable side weight.. I'll try them in my t2 007 and moorespeed cyclone to see if it will work with any of my current lipos..

Thanks
Old 02-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hey vern, just a little FYI, on the Mi3 the battery plate i got was a wedge fit after thinking about it, i decided i didn't like it, so i removed about 1mm or 2 from the bottom of the bulk heads, nice and free now, i checked the flex before and after and all seems to be ok. very happy. got one i can see back east?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skypilot
hey vern, just a little FYI, on the Mi3 the battery plate i got was a wedge fit after thinking about it, i decided i didn't like it, so i removed about 1mm or 2 from the bottom of the bulk heads, nice and free now, i checked the flex before and after and all seems to be ok. very happy. got one i can see back east?
Glad you got it to your liking Ritchie. I'll be anxious to see if the inserts solve that problem and allow an easy in and out mounting.

Ran into a snaffu on getting the last of the TC5 plates from the shop. Cant pick up till this evening when he gets back (Sunday), so that holds up final pics for online sales, and package to SIR. Their closed on Monday so I guess Tuesday after work I'll drop them off.

So to answer your question, you can pick up what you need from SIR on Tuesday after 4:00.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B4Bandit
Hi Verndog,

I just posted a question on the TC5 thread about this exact thing, then I saw your thread. Way to go man, what a great idea.

Anyhoo, here's my problem: I live in Australia. Are you able to send these out here. Also, do you think that the TC5 one would fit in a FT TC4? My wife drives a TC4.

I was considering getting the soon to be released SMC 5000 Lipo's, but if there are size problems with that pack I'd go with whatever fits your trays.

Please, please, please say that you'll mail them to Oz... I'll buy two straight up!
Dude....If you can find me one of those RARE Aussie Mad Max Falcons I'll send you 50!.. Look pretty sweet next to my 69 Mach.

Check your PM.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've been to a few movie car museums, and the Mad Max vehicle has been in a few, I must say, its a sweet car. Mad Max 1 and 2 are a couple of my favorite movies even though they were corny as heck.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
Dude....If you can find me one of those RARE Aussie Mad Max Falcons I'll send you 50!.. Look pretty sweet next to my 69 Mach.

Check your PM.

Cool man,

The best I can do for the Mad Max car is probably this:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...&ct=image&cd=3

Some might say that he actually drove a 1973 Ford Landau fitted with a 351 Cleveland 4V strong block. I'll look around the trading post though
Old 02-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B4Bandit
Cool man,

The best I can do for the Mad Max car is probably this:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...&ct=image&cd=3

Some might say that he actually drove a 1973 Ford Landau fitted with a 351 Cleveland 4V strong block. I'll look around the trading post though
Sorry...that gay little guy wont get you any billet.

What the heck is a strong block??

351 Cleveland with Aussie heads??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.