Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choosing Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 08:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Choosing Batteries

I am looking for suggestions on racing quality batteries. I currently am using GP3300s in Rocket Packs, but would like to upgrade for stock racing. Reading many of these forums leads me to believe that voltage is the most important factor for stock motors. What about run time? Would 390 seconds be enough or should I go higher?

I am now looking at Fusion, Fukuyama, Trinity, and Orion. Any thoughts on these brands head to head? Is the Fusion process really that great compared to hand soldering?

Any comments/thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 04-24-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Default Choosing Batteries

LostAggie;

GP3300's are the prefered cells for most racers.

For most of the Big name matchers, you will be hard pressed to find packs off the shelf with really decent numbers. For this, the independant matchers really shine in getting top notch cells out to the average racer.

My number 1 recommendation would be 'Fukuyama'. Nothing but praise from users of their products, rock solid numbers that you can believe. Dan stands by his products 100+%.
Old 04-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Try out the fusion stuff and see for yourself if the process works. I tried it and didnt believe it. Three weeks later I went to work at Fusion. If that tells you how much I thought of it.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

For stock, first priority is voltage, second is IR. Runtime dont matter.

As long as you get GP3300 from a wellknown matcher, you cant really go wrong. Personal, I got good experience with Fukuyama.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:38 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Promatch makes great packs and ZXRacing packs work well too. I am not sure how much price concious you are so I would say if you are budget minded, get the best packs you can at the best price from these guys.

As for fusion packs, I have heard both good and bad things about them, I haven't tried them so I wouldn't know.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I run for Pro-Match and feel their product is great. What I really like about Pro-Match is the service you get when you call there. Ask for Erika, she really is a great help and knows her stuff. Other than that I agree with Popsracer, most of the independent matchers are able to provide you with better than what you will find at the stores. Call a few of the companies and see what they have, how much $$$ they're asking for and how well they treat you. Good luck and enjoy your new batt's, which ever company you decide to go with.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

ZXracing.com Great cells at the best price around.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Re: Choosing Batteries

Originally posted by popsracer
LostAggie;

GP3300's are the prefered cells for most racers.

For most of the Big name matchers, you will be hard pressed to find packs off the shelf with really decent numbers. For this, the independant matchers really shine in getting top notch cells out to the average racer.

My number 1 recommendation would be 'Fukuyama'. Nothing but praise from users of their products, rock solid numbers that you can believe. Dan stands by his products 100+%.
I agree with you bro!!!.. GP3300 the best!!
Old 04-26-2004, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Re: Choosing Batteries

Originally posted by LostAggie
I am looking for suggestions on racing quality batteries. I currently am using GP3300s in Rocket Packs, but would like to upgrade for stock racing. Reading many of these forums leads me to believe that voltage is the most important factor for stock motors. What about run time? Would 390 seconds be enough or should I go higher?

I am now looking at Fusion, Fukuyama, Trinity, and Orion. Any thoughts on these brands head to head? Is the Fusion process really that great compared to hand soldering?

Any comments/thoughts would be appreciated.

So dude are you stil in the state of doubt???! My suggestions are if you have friends in you area who have battery packs of different brands but with the same rating try to barrow them Next move you cycle them one by one. Get a timer so that you can check the runtime as well as their performance in FULL THROTTLE.. Then finally decide which battery you will go for... G O O D L U C K ! ! ! !
Old 04-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Surge batteries has great cells
Old 04-26-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Lost,

Any of the matchers that support this forum I would suggest. I run Promatch, and they are great cells, but any of the other matchers mentioned are a good bet. I tend to try products of companies that support this Forum.. Promatch,Fukuyama,Fusion.

BTW, I got a couple packs from PMR recently, and thier build process is awesome.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

I race stock. And i have had just about everyone's packs over the years. I now am running HURRICANE PACKS . I run mostly stock foam sedan and they are just awsome. The biggest key is your driving and setup then your batteries. I just run 1.16s and they nuts fast the hole race. Hurricane Motorsports offers you a true numbers pack, great punch from the start to the end. Plus there customer service is a big plus. That is my biggest thing i look for.
Its hard to find these days. Plus they offer killer brushes and motor tune up kits and motor oil and great com drops.
You will also be surprised at the kind of deals they offer on there website. Plus they are a proven product at the track.....
Check it OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
Ask for brad
teamhurricane.net

815-877-0927
Old 04-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you everyone for the responses. I decided to take the plunge and go for the Promatch. They had great customer service and easy to reach by phone. I went ahead and had them assemble the packs since they use a very efficient soldering method. I would have liked to try the Fusion, but they were a lot more expensive for the same ratings. Fukuyama looked nice also, but the runtime range they quoted was too variable.

Thanks again...happy racing.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Glad to here you chose the Pro-Match. I'm sure you will be happy with what you get from them.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Choosing Batteries

Originally posted by Wency_TA03R-PRO
G O O D L U C K ! ! ! !
Yeah, Good luck getting someone to let you borrow a pack

I hear Pro-Match and Fusion use the same solder method....just Fusion uses the heatsink bars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.