Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
tb evo III surikarn edition vs FTTC3 >

tb evo III surikarn edition vs FTTC3

tb evo III surikarn edition vs FTTC3

Old 06-21-2003, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default tb evo III surikarn edition vs FTTC3

i know theres alot of factors that determine a good tc and that a "vs" question is not ideal way of picking a car,but as i have no experience with either car i was just wondering which one would you guys pick? and most importantly the reason(s) why you would pick one over the other!

my lhs can easily have both brand of spare parts
-my local tracks is on the technical side
-this is my first TC
Old 06-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

The TC3 break the A-arms very easily and the bearings dont last too good either.
Old 06-21-2003, 02:54 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

both car are the best.but the tc3 replacement part are cheaper than tamiya.go from there.
hey cole, you might want to get a bigger bumper smile:

Last edited by OVA; 06-22-2003 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

The Tamiya parts may be more expensive but they very rarely break. I have had a factory tc3 and im currenly running the evo3. I prefer the evo3 but that is my prefrence. They are both good cars so get what you want you will not go wrong either way.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:25 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

hey weapon between tc3 and the tamiya,did you find yourself like ing the tamiya better than tc3 ? Do you think the tamiya car are much ez to drive comparing to tc3?
Old 06-23-2003, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by OVA
both car are the best.but the tc3 replacement part are cheaper than tamiya.go from there.
hey cole, you might want to get a bigger bumper smile:
I dont need a bigger bumper.... my car dont break so easily as a TC3 Sorry, couldnt resist...

Seriously, there have been some TC3's in our club, including the LHS owner, which have given up on the TC3, because of the high consumption of a-arms and bearings.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Seriously folks...

...about that TC3 front a-arm breakage legend... it was true for the first generation kits, but i's an old story...

I had one of the very first Team Tc3 released, and I sold it on its first race day... 3 qualifiers 1 main = 3 broken A-arms... I only came back to the TC3 last year, and raced it for a season. I broke one A-arm in that whole period... and I'm not the cleanest driver on the planet, believe me.

I'd say the legendary front A-arms breakage problem was fixed quite a while ago. Don't worry about that. a larger bumper (10 bucks from BRP) can't do any harm, but the car does very well without one.

I do not know the EvoIII well enough, it sure does seem a potent enough contender though. However the cars I've seen at my local track do have quite a bit of suspension and steering slop, and the parts kind of look plasticky to me. I didn't like it very much, but once again, I never drove one. And I'm not planning on buying one because since Tamiya won the Worlds, it releases too many versions of its racecars too often, and I don't like companies milking the RC cow that blatantly.

If it's your first TC, i'd stick to a less expensive car, though... The FT TC3 is very rigid because it's a thoroubred (sp?) racecar, however it does break more often than other models with less graphite loaded suspension parts. If you're a newbie, you'll crash often, so get a strong car.

Later
Paul
Old 06-23-2003, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have 2 FT TC3's and love them for mod, stock, foam, rubber. Its a great car. I have driven Weapon X's evo3 anbd it was dialed and I like that too. You cant go wrong with either.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Seriously folks...

Originally posted by Lonestar
...about that TC3 front a-arm breakage legend... it was true for the first generation kits, but i's an old story...
I dont like to blame a car like this, but the fact is, that these 4 TC3's I'm talking about was bought january 2003 - NIB. 2 of them is in the hand of good drivers, which dont crash so very often.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Seriously folks...

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
I dont like to blame a car like this, but the fact is, that these 4 TC3's I'm talking about was bought january 2003 - NIB. 2 of them is in the hand of good drivers, which dont crash so very often.
mmmh... okay, sounds weird though... I hit pretty hard and pretty often with mine, and break front A-arms very rarely without any special bumper... oh well... Castor blocks are a weak point, but I consider the front A-arm "problem" fixed... Good input though

Later
Paul
Old 06-23-2003, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

thanks alot guys for the info you all make strong and good arguments!
Old 06-24-2003, 11:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Go with a TC3 man you cant go wrong. When the new 414 from tamiya came out, people were like "414 WOO!", now the evo3, same thing, there good cars, But in the end tc3 and the barracuda are the good ones. The reason people always say bad things about the Tc3 is because its not the "Newest thing out" but this oldie is still a goodie.

Last edited by AMainJay; 06-25-2003 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

Had the FTTC3 for 5months the only thing that i have broke were the front hingpin holder 2sets(Associated should make this part in graphite rather than plastic)...no broken arm , bent hinge pins , melted plastic diff or anything at all...not even the snapping front CVD's even though i'm using solid with a 10x2 powerhouse (Currently running Novak SS on unlimited mode) .I'm also using the RPM wide bumper with Trinity foam bumper to protect the front end...no wide bumper or nerf wing to protect the rear. Before i forgot i also did strip the steering knuckles but after changing to the Losi ones they are holding up very well.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AMainJay
Dont listen to Coletrickle he uses HPI for gods sake. Look at his Avatar.
LMAO, now that was good. I've never owned an Tamiya sedan so I cannot really say which I like better but I can say I definately like my TC3. The car is a competitive performer and parts are widely available throughout the USA.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMainJay
Dont listen to Coletrickle he uses HPI for gods sake. Look at his Avatar. ....The reason people always say bad things about the Tc3 is because its not the "Newest thing out" but this oldie is still a goodie
Wow, truely a rational and logical statement. Now I can clearly see I was wrong ! Because when a man drives a HPI he's blind and cant think clear.

So I dont like the TC3 because it's old? Well, my Pro2 aint even in production anymore.

Your argumentation really makes sense

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.