Novak GT7 faster than Quantum sport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak GT7 faster than Quantum sport?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Novak GT7 faster than Quantum sport?

I'm going to order a new esc sometime because I'm getting started in 1/12 scale racing. I don't want to be at a major performance disadvantage because my speedo is of a lesser quality than some other people. Does anyone think I would be at a very large disadvantage if I were running a Quantum sport against some of the high end speedo's like the Gt7 or the Quantum Comp. and other high end esc's? I'm not goin to be doing any international races or anything like that, mostly it would just be to get better at racing my sedan and just some club racing. Would the Quantum Sport have a very much speed difference than something with less internal resistence? Or would it be so minimal that you could hardly tell? How many different profiles does the Sport have? Thanks!
Old 06-14-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Oh sorry, I left out some important information. I will only be racing my 1/12 scale indoors on carpet with 4 cell battaries in stock. I will probably will never be racing mod with my 1/12 car and I wouldn't really mind having a esc that wouldn't let me race mod for 1/12. Any one have any opinions?
Old 06-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

a quantum sport is perfect. it is super small and almost as good as the comp. since you are racing stock, you wont need a speedo with no motor limit. you can find more information at www.teamassociated.com they should have all the info.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Make sure the Quantum Sport will operate down to four cell's.The Novak GT7 I think will be a better choice,you wont have to upgrade your speedcontrol if you decide to run a modified motor.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

...and the GT7 has a 4 cell profile just right for 4cell 1/12th racing..
Old 06-17-2003, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm gonna go with the GT7, I know I will be much happier with it. It's also nice to have the top-da-line stuff anyway . I didn't know it had a 4 cell profile, hmmmmm..... there's another reason to get the GT7. And if I ever wanted to race mod with it I could. It's also better suited in a touring car than the Quantum Sport. Thanks for your opinions.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Arrow

If I may suggest, you should get the quantum compeition instead of the sport and Novak GT7. Reasons would be:

*The Quantum Comp. is the top of the line ESC from LRP with no motor limit. So no need to upgrade if you use mod motors
*The Quantum Comp. is allot smaller and lighter than the GT7(perfect for 1:12) with a worlds option kit available seperately if you want the capacetor and heat sink.
*The Quantum Comp. has 5 profile modes to suit all kinds of driving requirements
*The Quantum Comp. is more or less the same price as the Novak GT7 and has a life time warranty.
Old 06-18-2003, 01:45 AM
Tech Adept

quantum comp has a 5 turn limit, although alot of experienced racers will tell u not to go lower than an 8 turn. They seem to have a problem coping with low turn motors. This is probably not an issue in 12th scale but just thought i would clarify
Old 06-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Arrow

My mistake on the motor limit
Old 06-19-2003, 10:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

And the whole LRP line of speed controlers dont seem to work very well with 4 cell,well at least mine did not.And the comp is about $40 more than a GT-7..well at my LHS anyways.I would stick with the GT-7
Old 06-20-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

There was and still is a lot of confusion about the "Limited Lifetime Warranty" from LRP, people thought it was a lifetime warranty when it was more just a different name for the 90 day or however long warranty.....sales gimmick. Some people sent their speedos back in and got burnt from that and were told they could spend like $70 to fix it or something. The LRP and Novak speedos are good, I prefer Novak because there is more adjustments in it and their customer service has been great.