Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMC 28C High Performance 4000mAh - 5000mAh Hardcase Lipos

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Property damage? People could die. I'm not offended, I'm horrified. If racing has become so intense that we're willing to endanger people's lives to gain an edge, then I want out right now. I'll start by selling my collection of PRS pinions.

This isn't a LiPo problem, this is a fundamental flaw in the mentality of people using them. I urge any of you reading this that own tracks to immediately ban the practice, and permanently remove someone caught doing it.
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not preaching!

It doesn't change the fact that this is a bad idea to spread on the Internet

Last edited by OldNSlow2; 01-21-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The fact is that people need to be aware of this to try from keeping racers from doing it. It's up to clubs/tracks to figure a way to stop overcharging from being used. I have said it all along that Lipos although some may see it as saving electric racing I think it may actually kill it but that is my opinion and time will tell.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Lord

I hear a voltmeter works pretty well.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
The fact is that people need to be aware of this to try from keeping racers from doing it. It's up to clubs/tracks to figure a way to stop overcharging from being used. I have said it all along that Lipos although some may see it as saving electric racing I think it may actually kill it but that is my opinion and time will tell.
Danny, stop acting dumb. During prohibition people sold kits with the ingredients and directions for making alcohol and put a disclaimer on there that said "dont follow these directions b/c that would make alcohol and that's illegal". Of course the intent was to encourage the buyer to follow the directions. This is the same crap. As Synd0me said you seem to want to kill the lipo battery movement. Bitter?
Old 01-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Lord

Danny,

Why would your company release a product if you feel like it's going to kill electric racing?
Old 01-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

The fact is most people have not even heard of this method until it was posted(myself included). Now there are more people who do know it and will try it. I know I will be pissed if someone does that at my local track and something goes bad. Especially if I am pitting next to that person.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Company Representative

Just because I can point out some of the issues Lipos may have in certain types of racing doesn't mean I'm against them. In fact I use them in my offroad car.

The problem is to many of you think that Lipos will get rid of battery issues which it won't. I'm sorry but in racing people will try to find an edge whether this edge is buying the new Lipo pack of the month or finding ways to cylcle them that will make them run faster.

A perfect example is BL 10.5 motors. It now seems that if you use a speed control that has adjustable timing you can burn up the motors.

Lets face it racing is racing and to be competitive you need to stay on top of your equipment.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Danny, pointing out that overcharging is bad and giving step by step directions on "how to get an extra .2 per lap but it might be dangerous" is two very different things. Dont pretend what was posted was just about educating people on the dangers.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Sweet.....I just hope I don't get jumped by a bunch of crips at the track....ha ha ha ha
Are you going to buy a pack? They look nice, I wonder how they work
Old 01-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Lord

You hear that? It's the sound of my brain cells committing suicide because I had anything to do with this stupid thread. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Danny,

Why would your company release a product if you feel like it's going to kill electric racing?
We offer Lipos because there is a market for it. Our goal is to supply the best possible Lipos to those who want them. That doesn't mean I can't point out some issues that Lipos may cause.

I for one don't want overcharging to be used but people need to know about it as it will or can become a problem.

Even if you don't overcharge your packs you can still get them to perform better by cycling them under high amp loads. This is safe and will give the racers an edge.

Lets say Lipos are legal everywhere and are being used by everyone. To be competitive racers will need to buy a few packs with Lipo GFX or other high amp discharge device and you will need to cylcle them to stay at there peak. This to me doesn't seem any better than taking care of the current sub-c cells. The only difference will be that it will cost more so I don't really see Lipos being much better than sub-c cells.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
The fact is most people have not even heard of this method until it was posted(myself included). Now there are more people who do know it and will try it. I know I will be pissed if someone does that at my local track and something goes bad. Especially if I am pitting next to that person.
The bigger problem is if a guy does this charging crap, gets away with it and beats you or someone else and then you/they feel they have to do it too. Now we have a problem.

And Danny- if a guy burns up his motor it doesn't burn down a building or hurt anyone else, it is the users problem. And tell the guy to change his gear ratio if he wants to run more timing (I learned that on the Internet)
Old 01-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I think it may actually kill it but that is my opinion and time will tell.
Danny, put the knife down!

Let me help you buy not allowing your Lipos to run at my track!
Old 01-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by or8ital
Danny, pointing out that overcharging is bad and giving step by step directions on "how to get an extra .2 per lap but it might be dangerous" is two very different things. Dont pretend what was posted was just about educating people on the dangers.

Sooner or later racers would of found out about it and I think it's better to let people know that this can be dangerous and should not be done. This should open the eyes of track owners and hopefully they can enforce rules that don't allow it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.