CHARGING (CE Lipo updated GFX)
12000mah or 12 amps
2 cell 8.40 peak
(90-95 degree temps)
DO NOT hook up sensor leads
DISCHARGE (CE Updated Lipo GFX)
2 cell 6.0 cut-off
(140-150 degree temps)
Hook up sensor leads
CONDITIONING (CE Updated Lipo GFX)
Cycle, Cycle, Cycle...............
Charge then discharge several times prior to racing.
Under high end racing conditions 2 packs are needed. Cycle the pack using the above info and do not delay in-between discharge and charging. When the pack is done discharging go directly into a charge. With the SMC packs 3-4 cycles will "top out" the pack. Many other Lipo packs took 7-10 cycles and still did not top out.
When you are done with your heat/qualifier dump the pack and go right back into a charge.
At the end of your main or day of racing dump the pack done and store without charge. More than 2 weeks do not discharge your pack.
*****WARNING: The below info is for experienced racers only. SMC and EA Motorsports do not recommend the following procedures. They deem them UNSAFE and will not assume responsibility for personal injury or property damage.*****
1. Do not attempt to use the following info on any other Lipo packs other than SMC 4000/5000 packs.
2. The following will decrease the life of your pack by at least 3/4.
3. The more the following process is repeated the greater chances are for FIRE dangers.
4. D0 NOT leave your pit area while performing the following procedures.
5. If a FIRE is caused do not use water or conventional fire extinguishers. USE SAND and smother the fire out.
6. Due to mis-use the manufacturers warranty will be void.
After the pack has completed a normal charge, re-peak with your Lipo GFX on NIHM mode at 10 amps. Let the pack overcharge to 9.00 volts and then stop the GFX. DO NOT WALK AWAY during this process as the pack will catch fire if voltage exceeds 9.25.
*****WARNING: The above info is for experienced racers only. SMC and EA Motorsports do not recommend the above procedures. They deem them UNSAFE and will not assume responsibility for personal injury or property damage.*****