R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #46
Tech Addict
Send a message via AIM to Ferrarimk13

Originally Posted by Trips View Post
Well Roland had his experimental car out again yesterday, and Drew Smith brought one of his own as well. Roland ran in 1/12 stock with us to see how the car compared.

As I expected, it was the fastest car on the track, I believe it would have given a field of 19 turn cars a whipping as well.

Roland and Drew are both excited about this, I'm going to build one up for myself and see if we can't get this going as a separate class.

Roland's car is an old Darkside chassis, 2000mah 7.4 lipo down the middle, and a Castle 6800kv motor with a Quark 33A speedo. Drew's car is a Speedmerchant Rev4 (or 4.5, can't remember now) with the same motor and a Castle 25A speedo. I have an old CEFX chassis laying around that I might use, or I might build up a Speedmerchant version for myself.

Roland used a short piece of Carbon fiber tubing (1/8" OD) to adapt the pinions to the smaller motor shaft. Drew used a 48 pitch pinion that fit the smaller shaft directly. Both cars seemed to work very well.

I know my buddy Alex "Valls" has a spare Rev4.5 chassis in his box, I'm gonna start the brainwashing this week to see if I can't get him going with this too... Maybe we can have enough guys to run it as a "demo" class at the March 9 "Gauntlet" trophy race at 360 Speedway...
i might go to that race, if i can, to see those cars run, must be interesting, those motors must make it look like a 10th or 8th scale with a 540.
Press Alt+F4 for a good time.
Ferrarimk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #47
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to infanterene

The track is actually at homestead motorsports park. They have an nitro onriad track thats open on the weekends and a smaller yrack that opens on wed nights. Its under roof so it opens rain or shine.
RC America - Team X-Ray - Maxys Fuel
infanterene is offline   Reply With Quote