Old 01-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What's left for ROAR to conquer ?
How about a name change ?
Old 01-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Down with lightweight bodies, definitely.

What about spec foam tires? Or maybe rules that favor tire longevity over one run, big wheel foams? The foam tire thing is completely out of control.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Down with lightweight bodies, definitely.

What about spec foam tires? Or maybe rules that favor tire longevity over one run, big wheel foams? The foam tire thing is completely out of control.
One way to strop people from trueing tires is to cap them... I never ran capped tires, so i don't know if they would work on carpet.

On my oval car, I try to get about 300+ laps before toss them. my 1:12 car is a different story, sometimes my driver(me) kills the tire waybefore it reaches the sweet spot.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If it's the tuck and run they are trying to stop, it still happens to me with reg. weight shells at the club scene. Part of the equation is the wheels not being trimmed with enough clearance - that could be mandated, too. As for it taking away from the show, I can see that being a bad thing. I also know about the going from first to last with the tuck problems. I assumed it was my fault for choosing a thin shell. My LHS actually charges more for the thin shells... We have locals asking equally for the owner to order either.

I personally have no problems with foam tires on the local level. We have a very competitive bunch at our track, but we don't have a one run tire problem. On the national level, one run tires may be the way that MFGs get the win thus exposure and sell tires. I also have no problems with that either. I do pay for my tires, and used 3 sets for touring total at the IIC. At the nats last year I used 5 sets including practice and the club race. One set was destroyed due to a marshalling incident (Xray was used as a skateboard by a marshal)... I like the ability to have a choice of tire based on the track conditions. I like what the tire manufacturers have done in the development of the tires and would hate to see this get stagnated.

Rubber caps don't work on 12th scales/road course, I can't vouch for oval.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If we get rid of the lightweight bodies, there is no difference...except all the lame stuff that goes a long with them.

The real reason everyone runs them, is the very REAL laptime deficit between a reg. weight and a lightweight. That is it. No other reason. Your car moves the cg lower due to the lack of mass at the highest point of the car, so it turns harder and reacts quicker.

The cars were fine before this. It's like telling everybody they can run lola bodies in sedan. Everybody would switch over because they would have to to remain competitive.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

The rule drawn up would most likely state a minimum thickness, not a maximum. it would self regulate beyond that point.
The thing about wheel clearance - there are rules on maximum wheel clearance at 9.5mm or just under 3/8ths(.375) that all the other road classes call for. ..Oddly though the 12th scale rule says 10mm in my 07 roar rulebook. guessing this is another conversion issue.

maybe its time to start mounting the body differently..
Old 01-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by or8ital
On the shells. I believe its a cost thing. They have to make 2 of everything.
....but you're using the same mold.......wouldn't molding out of thinner plastic give more profit to Protoform?........cheaper to buy thinner plastic and more bodies get torn up faster= more sales?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
You've been racing with STLNLST for too many years.
Now I just hit people and yell out "who's on red" even though I'm using a spektrum....LOL
Old 01-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Now I just hit people and yell out "who's on red" even though I'm using a spektrum....LOL
LOLLOL
Old 01-17-2008, 07:47 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I got something for ROAR to conquer.

If they are going to risk over regulation by dealing with the lightweight body issue, might as well go all the way. How about getting rid of these damned dish wheels! If they are going to continue insisting that the bodies "look" realistic(with 4 doors and such), why not the wheels? If nothing else, at least make sure that the spec tires at the event races are on non-dish wheels.

As someone said about the lightweight bodies, the same can be said about dish wheels. TC did just fine before them, it'll do just fine if they get rid of them. And look a good bit better in the process.

Just a thought!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darkseid
I got something for ROAR to conquer.

If they are going to risk over regulation by dealing with the lightweight body issue, might as well go all the way. How about getting rid of these damned dish wheels! If they are going to continue insisting that the bodies "look" realistic(with 4 doors and such), why not the wheels? If nothing else, at least make sure that the spec tires at the event races are on non-dish wheels.

As someone said about the lightweight bodies, the same can be said about dish wheels. TC did just fine before them, it'll do just fine if they get rid of them. And look a good bit better in the process.

Just a thought!
Actually, read the minutes posted... we are NOT risking over regulation of the light weight body issue at this time. Its not an area we feel we need to step into. We have asked the body manufacturers to work this out on their own.

Change the name? LOL..... man, you guys are good.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Actually, read the minutes posted... we are NOT risking over regulation of the light weight body issue at this time. Its not an area we feel we need to step into. We have asked the body manufacturers to work this out on their own.

Change the name? LOL..... man, you guys are good.
Good to see you guys aren't following in F1's mistakes.

Any chance we could get you guys to replace Max Mosely in F1?
Old 01-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

I suggest NARCCA: North American Radio Control Car Association

RE: body tucking...has anyone never just trimmed the rear body posts kind of high (like 5 holes above the body post hole) and putting the body clip in the top hole? If the body rides up the tire, it unhooks itself when it's high enough and you drive on. No stopping, no losing spots, no asking a marshall to untuck anything, no 'bodybodybody!' shouting.

And there is a minimum wheel gap rule, although I never saw it enforced at the big races I went to many winters ago.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Drug abuse by racers and I don't mean roids.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
Drug abuse by racers and I don't mean roids.
Are people injecting paragon?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.