Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Roar onroad carpet nats

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

charlie were't you in sacramento in 2006 with Bob?
Old 03-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Are all the pit tables finished? Are they all in the same area? Is there a picture of the finished pit area? Could someone post this picture? Is it apparent that Im geting anxious to get there get my race on?
The extra tables are built and on sunday they were finishing up the wiring on them. All the tables are downstairs in the same area. I've been told the old carpet has been ripped up and the new carpet has been layed. We can't wait either
Old 03-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Charlie
Dawn- What venue will you be attending?? Or are you gonna fly back and forth??
Sadly, this is another year that I will not be able to attend ROAR's premier Carpet event..... I will be working very hard at the Cactus Classic. I'm in charge at that one of the shop and the staffing... Thank God we hired Jimmy Babcock to run the event or I would certainly go crazy!

See you next week Charlie..... (are you bringing us stuff?? In fact, could you call me? Got some GTB questions)
Old 03-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Are all the pit tables finished? Are they all in the same area? Is there a picture of the finished pit area? Could someone post this picture? Is it apparent that Im geting anxious to get there get my race on?
I left my camera at the track so Tim could take pictures as they go along with the carpet install. I'll pick it up tomorrow (Wed) and post what I have on www.2008roarnats.com.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by imjonah
Sorry to take peoples time on a fairly trivial matter but-
[RE:
1/10 TOURING CAR T2 PROTOFORM 1476-00 6-30-2008
1/10 TOURING CAR T2 PROTOFORM 1476-01 2-28-2008 ]

As far as I can tell there are no bodys that have either 1476-00 or 1476-01 on their windshields
Did ROAR intended to temporarly extend the 1476-01 like it did the 1476-00 until 6-30-2008?

Given a the confusion between the 1476-00, -01, -02, - 03, and Protoform not actually puting the precise model number on the windshield will ROAR accept any PF1476 at this race?

If I show up with Protoform Body that has PF1476 on the wind sheild and the words All Purpose across the top of the windshield will I be able to run it legally at this race?
If you check the news swction you'll see a list of bodies that have had their approvals extended to 3/31/08 the 1476-01 (carpet) is included. The carpet versoion will say carpet in the sun screen (upper center) of the front windshield. This makes both bodies legal for the carpet nats.

Last edited by schurcr; 03-05-2008 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
charlie were't you in sacramento in 2006 with Bob?
Stockton?
Old 03-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
I will not be able to attend ROAR's premier Carpet event.....

My deepest regrets for offending any carpet oval racers for this comment made earlier in the Carpet On Road Nationals thread. No offense intended. Carpet Oval racing in ROAR is just as important as any other class of racing I meant nothing different in this comment.

Apologies....
Old 03-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You've got to be joking. 300 entries, teams sending all kinds of drivers. Yeah I'd say its the premier carpet event for Roar. Its also the first event to showcase all the new rules. Yeah its the premier event. You oval guys need to calm down. Have a coke and a smile. Stop calling talk shows and complaining how Robby Gordon got screwed....

Ok I'm done now, enjoy
Old 03-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

wow thats awsome! cant wait guys! ive got most all my stuff packed and ready to hit the road on tuesday!
Old 03-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

I didn't got to Stockton, That was skuba too.

There must have been somebody that looked like me there though, cause that comes up all the time. The Novak crew was Bob, Steve and Swanny.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Cross your fingers.

Looks like there are some guys on the waiting list for the event. Depending on how Dawn and Fred want to handle it, there may be 6 spots open.

I found out today that we are about to cross the line and can only miss so many days of school per semester of school for my son who is a Senior this year, and graduates in about 90 days. We've been out of town racing about every weekend for 3 months, and those missed school days have been adding up.

Not to worry, he's doing fine in school, but this would put him over the allowed amount of days missed (and this event is another week of missed school).

We don't want to jeopardize his graduation, and school and education have got to come first, so it looks like we can't attend. I'm bummin. But there will be more racing, school is more important though.

Gotta do the right thing.

I guess we'll see what Fred and Dawn want to do, and how best to handle it so that everybody that can, gets a chance to attend.

-Bob

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 03-05-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Looks like there are some guys on the waiting list for the event. Depending on how Dawn and Fred want to handle it, there may be 6 spots open.

I found out today that we are about to cross the line and can only miss so many days of school per semester of school for my son who is a Senior this year, and graduates in about 90 days. We've been out of town racing about every weekend for 3 months, and those missed school days have been adding up.

Not to worry, he's doing fine in school, but this would put him over the allowed amount of days missed (and this event is another week of missed school).

We don't want to jeopardize his graduation, and school and education have got to come first, so it looks like we can't attend. I'm bummin. But there will be more racing, school is more important though.

Gotta do the right thing.

I guess we'll see what Fred and Dawn want to do, and how best to handle it so that everybody that can, gets a chance to attend.

-Bob

Yeah school sux. Stupeid pricipal wont even let us off the day b4 o aftre a skoooool hjolida. I hat havin to mis Vegas, Novak, and Nats jsut to be at skoo w sum dum kids. I guess it coo tho, at least I get paid to be there! lol

j/k fokes. I LOVE TEACHING!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Iron Man Competition...

I'm done packing. Have to turn over everything to Crashby tomorrow. Steve is driving several racer's equipment from NorCal all the way to Omaha.

I bet that Crashby is the 'Iron Man' for this event. Any takers out there?
Old 03-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Still Bill
I'm done packing. Have to turn over everything to Crashby tomorrow. Steve is driving several racer's equipment from NorCal all the way to Omaha.

I bet that Crashby is the 'Iron Man' for this event. Any takers out there?
Crash has my vote for IRON MAN. Will miss ya at Ripon this weekend Bill but we'll see ya next week in the BIG O.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Crash by tomorrow ...Thats a guy I'd trust hauling my stuff half way across country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.