Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Roar onroad carpet nats

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Juan even sleeps while on the drivers stand!
he was just resting up for the ride back over the boarder. At least Arluck will be able to keep him company now.

have fun rolling each others burritos!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Overall, the event was EXTREME RC, from the pros' speed to the atmosphere and energy of everyone in attendance.

From my point of view, ROAR did a superb job as did the HobbyPlex staff.

Frank Calandra from CRC helped Conner with his 12th as did Brian Post.

Bill with Full Throttle Motorsports was also a key mechanic for Conner(11 yrs old), enabling his car to take 2nd place in the G-main, 67th overall.

Spektrum helped out with a new pro-module and several new receivers that appeared to have a glitching problem, Thanks Anderson!

Billy Easton was a wealth of information regarding the S400, thanks Billy.

And mostly, thanks to Andrew. Without Molzer Mowery Racing's S400 and pit support for the week, it would certainly have been a no-show/no-go for us.

I hope the Nats next year are within driving distance. We wouldn't miss it for anything...

Allan
&
Conner

Last edited by Centerline Racing; 03-19-2008 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well it's video time I recorded the rerun of A1 for super stock 12th and the A2 for stock and mod 12th and TC and the A3 mains for all 7 classes just fishing for which one had the best finish or the most action.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Tech

I must say that the teching was top notch. Thanks techie guys.

Didn't get home to the SF Bay Area until noon today after United changed my reservations four different times (was routed DEN/CHI/DEN/CHI/DEN) on Monday before I could finally get out of Omaha to DEN on Tuesday. Never have had such a problem traveling nationwide/worldwide before.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Didn't get home to the SF Bay Area until noon today after United changed my reservations four different times (was routed DEN/CHI/DEN/CHI/DEN) on Monday before I could finally get out of Omaha to DEN on Tuesday. Never have had such a problem traveling nationwide/worldwide before.
Hope you got something for free, like a upgrade or tix.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i got a flight story to beat all.....

not from this race but from the birds last year
Old 03-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
i got a flight story to beat all.....

not from this race but from the birds last year
Well.....Do tell, don't leave us hangin Gert.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

remember it like it was yesterday...

race was over and it was monday, my flight was at like 11:30am, it was feb 26th, or something 26, i get to the counter and the lady says that i am no where in her system......well thats weird, so after making a big scene and causing some ruckus i decided to go check my laptop to get some sort of confirmation or somethin.....

turns out my travel agent(EDDIEO) who also always put me as a deaf person with eye dog,(thats fun when they come up to you before takeoff and ask if you need assistance) made my flight back for the next MONTH, and the 26th was a monday also....well all flights were booked and i was on standby for a flight that was 12 hours away.....i almost didnt make it on that flight, but at least i got home....was just gonna go to winternats instead of commin home but i didnt....
Old 03-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
I must say that the teching was top notch. Thanks techie guys.

Bill
Did you see my bags anywhare on that trip. I went to the airport at 4:30am to drop off MaGoo and Jay so I went ahead and check in my stuff for my 8:45am flight I made it to SF aroung 2pm but no bags I had them check and one was on its way to Tampa FL and the other never left Omaha so if anyones in Tampa there are two Xrays in the box going around the baggage claim area.

Bill glade you made it home I hope you beat Crash home
Old 03-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

race was over and it was monday, my flight was at like 11:30am, it was feb 26th, or something 26, i get to the counter and the lady says that i am no where in her system......well thats weird, so after making a big scene and causing some ruckus i decided to go check my laptop to get some sort of confirmation or somethin.....

turns out my travel agent(EDDIEO) who also always put me as a deaf person with eye dog,(thats fun when they come up to you before takeoff and ask if you need assistance) made my flight back for the next MONTH, and the 26th was a monday also....well all flights were booked and i was on standby for a flight that was 12 hours away.....i almost didnt make it on that flight, but at least i got home....was just gonna go to winternats instead of commin home but i didnt....
That's awesome Gert. But you know that's what you get for flyin EddieO airlines. But your nuts to have not taking two more days off, making Eddie feel bad for the mistake and watching the WinterNats
Old 03-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

he was laughing.....i wasnt....

plus i just wanted to go home, a week at an RC race doesnt sound to hard but it really takes it outa ya
Old 03-19-2008, 04:08 AM
Tech Champion

he was laughing.....i wasnt....

plus i just wanted to go home, a week at an RC race doesnt sound to hard but it really takes it outa ya
Look on the bright side, at least it wasn't a 1 way ticket or those tuned motors would have a their work cut out haulin' you home....
Old 03-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'd really have thought his story would be more like:

"I never thought it could happen to me.... I was stranded in the airport when the attractive male pilot caught my eye........."
Old 03-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'd like to give a big shout out to mike dumas...

he used our tire truer all week (I swear at least 30 sets of tires) with the promise he'd give robert his used tire pile when he left and put rc50 as a sponsor for the event.

No mention in the sponsor list and left w/o giving dirla any of your used tires.

I had to listen to NashRCracer whine about it all the way home.

I owe you a swift kick in the nutz LOL I had to put on my head phones for the 11 hour trip home
Old 03-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you know getting tossed to the side and not getting any props for helping dumas out with the truer like he told me he would several times. even telling me he had a fresh tc body that he was going to put the stickers on and even said he would pop a www.rc50.com sticker on his shirt for pictures I'm use to disapointment in my life....

BUT
I WOULD like my 12th scale Hudy arbor that mike dumas gave to bruce carbone to true tires with. so does anybody have Bruce's or Mike's phone number so I can call them and get it back. I need it for next week for our season finale at our local track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.