ROAR Approves LIPO >

ROAR Approves LIPO

ROAR Approves LIPO

Old 01-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mason
I don't know if this is totally possible but the design sounds good. Make a plate, attaching (screw) rectangular weights to it that fit into the generic battery slots and screw the plate down from the top of the tray into/onto the chassis (or wait, drill a hole through the plate and the battery post can hold it down). the weights wont hang down below the chassis and your battery cg is still lower than a nimhs. any dremel wizard can spend a few minutes hacking this out. any aftermarket supplier could make a couple bucks off this. you guys make me almost want to go into business. You could alter plate density/thickness or weight material/size to get the weight balance you need.

and the guys using the cell emulating packs, flip it over like offroaders.

I have a TC5 and wish someone would produce these....

Last edited by PitNamedGordie; 07-18-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
This is sad to read.

Basically, the rule is there preventing people from adding weight for pre tech, removing it to race and then replacing for post tech. Adding to the battery is the easiest way to remove weight and re add it at the end of the run. The rule states mounted to the chassis as its not so easy to remove and replace with slight of hand.

If ROAR didn't do everything possible to insure fairness, can you just imagine the bashing at that point? C'mon... this is no easy task... as it wasn't easy getting to you BL rules and Lipo rules as the entire membership asked for....

Its a problem, yes.. and it is being addressed.
i have 2 ounces of weight glued to the top of the battery , no way that is coming off with ease,no possible way to remove it after tech and putting it back the race. How about during tech the tech persons make sure that the weights are securely attached to the car and/or battery?
Old 01-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie

BMI where are you??
Old 01-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ask and thou shalt recieve!

I'm in the process of CNC machining stainless steel mounting base and side weight kit. Tried the first protype yesterday at the track with perfect balance results. This will amount to a 10 minute conversion on the TC5 to LiPo with perfect balance, battery protection from collision, and polished stainless steel case...very nice.

Will post a pick of prototype tonight, and first batch will be ready by this weekend. Ugly lead... and taped packs and hours of fabing just came to an end.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
Ask and thou shalt recieve!

I'm in the process of CNC machining stainless steel mounting base and side weight kit. Tried the first protype yesterday at the track with perfect balance results. This will amount to a 10 minute conversion on the TC5 to LiPo with perfect balance, battery protection from collision, and polished stainless steel case...very nice.

Will post a pick of prototype tonight, and first batch will be ready by this weekend. Ugly lead... and taped packs and hours of fabing just came to an end.
Dude...you make a future customer here. Look forward to seeing it.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What about your Schuie buddies Kevin Do you need a chassis from me?
Old 01-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Very nice. That's kinda how mine is gonna be for my 416. Weight will sit under the battery on a plate and into the battery slots. I'm building it right now. But I wish someone would make those for my car too hehe. I'm sure someone will step up soon to make different versions for different cars.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

wow, you guys make me feel bad with all this stuff you have to do to add weight to your cars. Where's the praise for losi and their centered battery position, my steel battery tray ROCKS
Old 01-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
wow, you guys make me feel bad with all this stuff you have to do to add weight to your cars. Where's the praise for losi and their centered battery position, my steel battery tray ROCKS
They discontinued the tray. :-( Nobody can buy them.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
They discontinued the tray. :-( Nobody can buy them.
now I feel even MORE special You coming up for the carpet nats?
Old 01-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

So I just read one of the craziest lipo battery threads I have ever read. I have a battery solution for the rules makers; A zero tolerance 8.4v peak limit on ALL batteries. The rules once read that batteries have a 7.2v limit and well, we're beyond that and now I am reading about guys heavy cycling batteries and overcharging them (reducing their life by 3/4.

Make a hard voltage line and all that goes away. If a pack arrives at the track above this limit, the driver is shown the door.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
What about your Schuie buddies Kevin Do you need a chassis from me?
I've got a solution for you too!

More bling bling then even JB can handle. It's second on the list.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
now I feel even MORE special You coming up for the carpet nats?
It's not looking good, I'm moving between states in a few weeks, and don't know how that's going to affect things. I may sign up to reserve a spot just in case, though. A few of the guys I mix it up with each week are going to try and rep Fastlane in 13.5 rubber. I'll definitely be making trips to Omaha for your bigger races once I get settled.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Davidka
So I just read one of the craziest lipo battery threads I have ever read. I have a battery solution for the rules makers; A zero tolerance 8.4v peak limit on ALL batteries. The rules once read that batteries have a 7.2v limit and well, we're beyond that and now I am reading about guys heavy cycling batteries and overcharging them (reducing their life by 3/4.

Make a hard voltage line and all that goes away. If a pack arrives at the track above this limit, the driver is shown the door.
ROAR addressed this already. If a battery is over 8.44v, you're DQ'd. I think you should be banned for a year, but a DQ is a decent start.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
ROAR addressed this already. If a battery is over 8.44v, you're DQ'd. I think you should be banned for a year, but a DQ is a decent start.
Is there some reason that this rule can't be applied to Nimh too?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.