Wiki Posts
Search

Dry Ice.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by gtypecanare
Hey Neil,
Should I spill the beans on the dyno-tested, trackside proven secret of getting away from the pack and getting 2-3 blazing laps before the motor settles in, basically it's a holeshot in the bottle okay more of holeshot in the can. On a dyno it has been tested to improve a motor's RPM/Torque to about 10%. I know you know, because you've seen Rod do this.

Hint: It can be found at all major office supply stores
I wouldn't, but the dry ice trick works just as well.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by trf racer
i use spray freezer on motors,batts,speedos because the cooler they are the more effecian they get.they will not cause the magnets to crack because the motors all at the same temp[typiclly -50oc before race and at about +60oc after using stock were as other poeple i race who dont freeze it there motors come off at about 150oc!so the advantages are longer run time more power,higher effciancy.disadvantages is if you freese brush wires they could become brittle and brake and if you freeze the motor bearing they could seize if they do just roll the car a full time and then rev the motor a bit to warm the bearings
I wouldn't use them on my batteries...voltage and IR are better when warm.

BTW the reason stock motors in particular are significantly faster when cold is because the magnets develop much more flux (stronger). You will see more power throughout the race than without the ice, but the first 2 minutes or so you can really feel it.