Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 02-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by H I
How can I cancel reverse function on Speed passion EXIGE system?
Info supplied by our good mate Calvin...

You can turn off the reverse function, by doing the following.

1. Connect battery to car. Do not turn on.
2. Turn on TX.Select Full throttle and then turn on car.
3. You should hear two beeps, Maintain full throttle and wait approx 4/5 secs, you will hear some beeps.
Maintain full throttle and a few seconds later there will be more beeps.
4. Turn off car. Release throttle. Turn on car and test throttle and brake.

Reverse should now be disabled.

I've tried it on mine, and it works

Last edited by tony gray; 02-13-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello Mini Cooper Fans,

It's been almost 4 years since I last raced. I've given up on TC's, way too expensive now. Looking to get back into racing for just the pure fun of it with Mini's. Most likely I will only have time to race once a month and maybe a TCS race in the future, so I have a few questions.

Are Lipo's (orion 3200) the preferred battery of choice now in Mini's? Anyone know how many mini class racers used Lipo's at the first TCS race of the year at Trackside?

Any news on when the new Mini Cooper S will be available in the U.S.? Tower had it available Jan., then switched to late Feb. Does this sound like a reliable date of release?

Thanks,
Masato
Old 02-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I believe a little more than 50% of the A mainers in mini at Trackside this last weekend ran the Lipos inlcuding 2nd place. I personally have run the 3200 Orion Lipo for over a year and love it. Just make sure to add a couple oz. of lead to make the car more settled. Since the Lipo is so light it tends to be a little more tippy without weight. Once I added 2oz to the underside of the battery wings the car runs awesome.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Core Creations,

+50% A-main looks pretty good for the adoption of Lipo's in Mini's. All I have for batteries are some old 3300 gp's that may come back from the dead. I think I'll go Lipo as well. Probably easier than trying to cycle and maintain stick packs back to life.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

We agree. We've been running the Orion 3200's for over a year now and they work great. But adding weight to the car is probably a must to get it to work. Around 120gms (4 ozs) seems to be perfect.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Tony, thanks for the info as well. I have to say rc-mini.net is the reason I'm getting back into mini's again, keep up the great work.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

With an Orion 3200 LiPo I ended up adding 123 grams to my Mini to meet the 1300 gram minimum for the TCS race at Trackside, my car weight 1306 grams. Once I got the weight position correctly the car was fast.

The really nice thing was I only needed one battery for the entire weekend. A five minute run took about 900 mileamps so I could easily run two heats before a recharge.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:19 PM
H I
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray

3. You should hear two beeps, Maintain full throttle and wait approx 4/5 secs, you will hear some beeps.

Woo hoo! It worked. Thanks for info Tony.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Don't thank me Hiroshi, its was a fellow Sydney-sider that provided the info!
Old 02-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys, with all this talk of brushless, just wanted to point out RCMart have the Speed Passion Exige (although they call it Endless) with BL1 motor for $89 at the moment!

So tempted to pick one up for my mini.... as I've been loving B/L in my tourer recently

Regards
Ed
Old 02-14-2008, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

The only problem with that is that RCMart are AWFUL to deal with. Slow, uncommunicative, unhelpful, they charge extra fees ("non refundable bank charge - what??), and their website has stock levels which are invariably completely wrong.

Save yourself the headache and get one elsewhere.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Dinball

A lot of people seem to have had problems with rcmart so there must be something there. (where there's smoke there's usually fire).
On a positive note I have dealt with them on and off ebay and have had great service and very fast response to questions. I have been ripped off by a couple of others , one a company with a shopfront, but dinball has been great. So I guess if you want to risk it you might be OK.

Terry
Old 02-14-2008, 04:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've ordered from RC Mart many times now, and never had a problem. Always had parts in stock, and seem to be quick with postage and so on.
Never noticed any extra fee's either, plus, importantly, they mark down the parcels by enough so that I avoid custom's charges this side.

If anything, I've had worse experience with Rc Champ recently... The order for my 416 took a lot longer than it should have done, one of the parts ordered was missing, and got hammered on customs... go figure. They are cheaper than a lot of other places though, but thats fully negated if you paypal and customs charges on top...

Sufice to say, having run a Tamiya for many years now, I'm pretty damm proficent in ordering stuff from abroad, and have had no issues what so ever with RC mart...Plus they included a very useful little LED tourch with my last order over christmas... FOC

Top abroad shops for me are (in no particular order)

Speedtech RC
Rainbow Ten
RC Champ
Precision RC
RC Mart
Stormer Hobbies

I've also placed my first order with RC Market, so far so good, parts should be due to arrive this week.

Regards
Ed
Old 02-14-2008, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tony gray

Think this woudl apply to activate reverse aswell ???
Old 02-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
...Plus they included a very useful little LED tourch with my last order over christmas... FOC Ed
LED torch. You were had. I've now got four little pull back penny wheelie trucks sent FOC with 4 orders. Awsome fun on my desk at work

I've spent £1000's at RC Mart, and I've never had a delayed delivery, a lost item, customs charge or any other problems.

The volume of business they undertake (take a look at their ebay transactions which is only part of their business) will mean occasional problems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.