Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by muahdib4
Looks like they're running Novak 17.5 brushless motors. What does everyone think of that motor in Mini's?
We've tested them over the last two weeks. Mark Z ran 17.5 for two races and switched back for the third. He ran a fast lap of 16.2 each race day. I ran Silver can handout motors and ran fast laps of 15.9 to 16.1. The race day I ran 15.9 was a newer motor than the other days. The results are from 11/21, 25 & 28 here:
http://www.hobbyplexraceway.com/resu...ath=2007+Fall/

I'm going to try it myself next Wednesday! I'll be at Novak with mine!!

Tim Ski
Old 11-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by over gear
how do u guys fix the bump steering? the front toe looks like it changes as much as 45 degree when i fully compress the car
If you've got bump steer, then your suspension is probably setup wrong.

A properly set-up Mini will only have 3-4 mm of travel max, and the amount of bump steer over that distance is minimal..

It looks even worse when the car isn't on the ground because you're using the entire travel of the suspension - in reality you'd never use anywhere near that much.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by akura2
I'll be there this Friday...

Silver cans only huh? (I have a black can in mine right now... I guess I'll have to find my silver can again...LOL)
Akura, you were missed at SoCal. Your buddy was there, but was sans car. We'll be racing next Friday, if the track is still open
Old 12-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi guys,

anyone have the like to M03M instruction manual for me to download ?

thanks all
Old 12-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sonic Gear
hi guys,

anyone have the like to M03M instruction manual for me to download ?

thanks all
http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcm...8swift1600.pdf
Old 12-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Granpa
Akura, you were missed at SoCal. Your buddy was there, but was sans car. We'll be racing next Friday, if the track is still open

ya I know... my wife and I took the day off to get our garage and house in order for the holidays... and when it came down to the time I was supposed to go to the track... she got a bug in her bonnet about finishing the house and we didn't get done until about 9... and we're still not finished... that was just the time that she decided to call it... with that said... I'm GOING to be there next Friday... since she took away my race day this past Friday... I'm glad Larry showed up though... he had to work so he couldn't get there any earlier,... but maybe next week too

my car is ready... I found the silver can that came with the kit so it's brand new... batteries are new... I'm "ret to go"...lol

I get out of work at 6pm in downtown LA... but since my wife and I own our own business... I'm going to try and squeeze out earlier
Old 12-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

has anyone tried the tamiya lightly tuned motor (28T) on the m-chassis yet?

how does it perform?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by akura2
ya I know... my wife and I took the day off to get our garage and house in order for the holidays... and when it came down to the time I was supposed to go to the track... she got a bug in her bonnet about finishing the house and we didn't get done until about 9... and we're still not finished... that was just the time that she decided to call it... with that said... I'm GOING to be there next Friday... since she took away my race day this past Friday... I'm glad Larry showed up though... he had to work so he couldn't get there any earlier,... but maybe next week too

my car is ready... I found the silver can that came with the kit so it's brand new... batteries are new... I'm "ret to go"...lol

I get out of work at 6pm in downtown LA... but since my wife and I own our own business... I'm going to try and squeeze out earlier
ughhhh.. too much info loser boy. There is a PM function. nobody wants to know your daily life. Surprising that you even gotta wife..
Old 12-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toonz
has anyone tried the tamiya lightly tuned motor (28T) on the m-chassis yet?

how does it perform?
It is basically a 540J that you dont have to throw away at the end of the day. I used one in a recent race. the motor isnt very exciting but it isnt really susposed to be. Tamiya here runs these in Mini`s and lower level touring car races.
The motor is for saving money, with just replaceing the brushes instead of the whole motor.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

hmm in that case maybe i should wait till my sport tuned dies before changing to a lightly tuned...

one of our players here uses the lightly tuned and the car seems to handle tight turns better than the sport tuned..i wonder if that is true?

tamiya stargek singapore is having a 20% christmas sale...i may be tempted to get one to try
Old 12-03-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

We've been working on this for some time, and finally its online now.

Our first (and as far as we know anyones first?) full IN-CAR video footage inside a Mini during a race.

Click here to check it out and be totally amazed. It's also damn funny too...

Old 12-03-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Funny Stuff - you guys at rc-mini always crack me up with the stuff you are trying...
Old 12-03-2007, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
We've been working on this for some time, and finally its online now.

Our first (and as far as we know anyones first?) full IN-CAR video footage inside a Mini during a race.

Click here to check it out and be totally amazed. It's also damn funny too...

Now that is awesum! How about a shot of the racers with there cars?
Old 12-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by minicrapper
ughhhh.. too much info loser boy. There is a PM function. nobody wants to know your daily life. Surprising that you even gotta wife..

Whatever....

you DO realize you are an ass right?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Add him/her to your "ignore" list - everyone else has. That way you don't even see his/her posts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.