Old 03-30-2014, 05:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

silly question...

which do you guys prefer:

a well-shimmed gear/stock diff with a little anti-wear grease; or

a ball diff tightened all the way up?

both diffs are close to spool-like feel, with a little slip

I've been running a tighten ball diff (ta03) but was messing around with one of my stock diffs for the rebuild of my M03 - and thought 'hmmm, maybe this might be better in the M05????' for the record, the M03 had a manta ray diff in it and has worked well - but noticed it wasn't as tight as the diff in my m05

so was wondering what some opinions are
Old 03-30-2014, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oreo
@ boons.-any pics in regards to the wheels?
It's not letting me upload pics, I'll try later. They are white chunky looking minilites

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1396187710

Last edited by Boons; 03-30-2014 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SLK Rims

Hi all,

I am looking for a pair or set of Mercedes Benz SLK Rims/Wheels (M-02L), do PM me if u have any to let go.

Regards
Clarence
Old 03-30-2014, 10:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sundays are pretty awesome.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

And it's the end of an era... Guys you have one month to d/load the veritable treasure trove of knowledge off rc-mini.net. As after that (or nearabouts) the site will cease to be.
Realistically we've pretty much covered everything that we ever wanted to do and none of us really have any time to take it any further.
So, right mouse click and 'save as' on anything you want, because soon it'll be all gone....

Tony G rc-mini Imperial Grand Poobah.

p.s. the FB page will keep going, just to keep our hand in : )
Old 04-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Premount Tires

Hey Guys,

I bought a set of premounts for TCS mini last friday and discover one of the tire has a dead spot. I wish they would have glued the inserts together. But all in all it was a fun day at TCS
Old 04-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
And it's the end of an era... Guys you have one month to d/load the veritable treasure trove of knowledge off rc-mini.net. As after that (or nearabouts) the site will cease to be.
Realistically we've pretty much covered everything that we ever wanted to do and none of us really have any time to take it any further.
So, right mouse click and 'save as' on anything you want, because soon it'll be all gone....

Assuming this isn't an April 1st joke, would you be against me hosting a mirror on my site for anyone who wants to enjoy the Rc-Mini knowledge after the website goes dark?
Old 04-01-2014, 05:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray

Dangit Tony! This is like the Pope shutting down the Vatican. Okay, maybe I'm overstating things a little, but between this and M-Chassis, it's been a tough year!

I'm currently vacuuming up the entire site for future reference.

Thanks to you for all your efforts to educate the rest of us cave dwellers and for showing us you can do it on the cheap.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Nooooo.......my favorite mini site.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe its an april fools day joke...one can only hope.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks to all for the kind words, but it's time to move on!
rc-mini will still exist in Facebook form, and if we feel inclined there will still be stupidity every now and then.
Tim and I started this 15 Sept 2006 so it's been going quite a while now, and I think even we underestimated the impact that it's had. But....we havent really done anything new for about 2 years, there just isnt much going on. And to be honest we dont even race as much any more.
If people want to 'borrow' what we've done and use it elsewhere, thats ok with us.
As for someone else hosting the entire site, we'll pass. We either do it full on, or we're out.
rc-mini will live on, but just in a lesser way. We're proud knowing that we've made the rc world just a little less serious..

And for those who dont recall it, this was probably Tims finest hour - here

Oh and in late breaking news... rc-mini Tech Geek Tony P, has revealed this site...which will enable you to acccess all our juicy goodness even after we take it down apparently!

https://web.archive.org/web/20130902...mla/index.php?

Last edited by tony gray; 04-02-2014 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys have been looking at the Killshot 21.5 B/L motors and am alittle confused
They have a Hi Revs motor and a High Torque Motor
Common sense tells me that I should be looking at the Hi Revs version
but that little voice in my head is saying something that I can't understand ( no dumb comments please!)
Whats your thoughts on the differences!
Mike
Old 04-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Hey guys have been looking at the Killshot 21.5 B/L motors and am alittle confused
They have a Hi Revs motor and a High Torque Motor
Common sense tells me that I should be looking at the Hi Revs version
but that little voice in my head is saying something that I can't understand ( no dumb comments please!)
Whats your thoughts on the differences!
Mike
Since a Mini has fixed gearing, RPM is King. The differences between the two types is generally in the rotor. In many instances you can convert a hi-torque motor to a hi-rev motor just by swapping out the rotor.

For the Killshot, go with the RPM version. They are competitive.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

you could change the internal gears for the high speed set https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod....asp?p_id=1591

im doing this for the summer season and i doubt ill run the tcs race locally since i will have non tamiya internals (unless i dont say squat and gear it so its even) i ran the car with a 25.5 (local scale spec rules) and it sucked bad. super slow. ive since changed to a 21.5 and its better. unfortunately my gear set wont arrive till saturday and i need them for this saturday.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:28 AM
Tech Regular

If you're using an M03 you can always try the Sydney trick ... using standard tamiya internal gears, put a 23 or 24 tooth pinion on, but just hold it in with 1 motor screw - done up really tight. On the M03 you can check the mesh but on the M05 there is no way to check. But that would get you a bit more top end while you're waiting for your speed tuned gears to arrive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.