Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 10:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRC_DRIVER
Is the Miata body still available anywhere? And does anyone know if it fits the M05?

Thanks,
Yes, it will fit, but HPI has been discontinuing M chassis product one chunk at a time. I guess they're a little sore about the Switch and Cup Racer tanking so badly. It's too bad, they were the only domestically available competitor to Tamiya's insanely priced shells. ($20 vs $45 locally)

If you shop online, check out the Blitz shells, by Team Titan. They're very well made and average about $16 out of Hong Kong. I don't own one yet, but there are a few around here and they get great reviews.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Schumacher
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question... Any online store has Kyosho R246-2003 GAMBADO Mini kit in stock?

Super, super rare Japan -only release Mike. In WAY limited numbers.

I've never seen one for sale anywhere
Old 03-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Yes, it will fit, but HPI has been discontinuing M chassis product one chunk at a time. I guess they're a little sore about the Switch and Cup Racer tanking so badly. It's too bad, they were the only domestically available competitor to Tamiya's insanely priced shells. ($20 vs $45 locally)

If you shop online, check out the Blitz shells, by Team Titan. They're very well made and average about $16 out of Hong Kong. I don't own one yet, but there are a few around here and they get great reviews.
Cool Thanks for the heads up. I'm liking the look of that GTI. I'll pick one up and give a review once I've got a few days on it.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by marcos graveyar
Any suggestions for a replacement for the Savox ?
I use a low profile Futaba S9551 servo, pretty much because I'd seen it in the RC Mini.net M05. It's very nice and smooth and fast, it's even smoother now that I have moved to a Sanwa Gemini X and 451 receiver
Old 03-04-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

I don't run Spektrum, but I currently have a Blue Bird BMS-621DMG+HS from Hobbyking in my M05. IMO, every bit as good as the Savox 1251MG that got donated to my Touring Car (entirely for space reasons). Cheap!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I run Spektrum 3100's in 5 of my cars with no problems. All have Futaba S5995 servos except the M03 that still has it's Hitek.

I have heard that a separate BEC is recommended if you run Savox servos with the Spektrum receivers.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TCS at Horsham sponsored by Brownies this Sunday!
We're ready,
Does it get any better???
Old 03-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Is the type A slick worth anything for parking lot racing or should I just stick with the S-Grips? I noticed they are quite a bit more expensive so figured I'd ask before I pulled the trigger on a $50 set of tires for the Mini.

Thanks,
Old 03-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Hi all,

Listening to the fast guys mini's at the club and they sound very different, almost like the real car classic mini's when fitted with a straight cut box. Is that the sound of running the gears dry? Despite the motor tricks, is there a tried and tested best way to lube the drive train, or does running it dry have benefits?

Cheers all
Old 03-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boons
Hi all,

Listening to the fast guys mini's at the club and they sound very different, almost like the real car classic mini's when fitted with a straight cut box. Is that the sound of running the gears dry? Despite the motor tricks, is there a tried and tested best way to lube the drive train, or does running it dry have benefits?

Cheers all

That's the sound of speed.

It could be the motor, worn pinion, worn gears, etc...
Old 03-08-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Decided to revive the M04. It's a bit handful to drive, but an excellent platform to brush up skills imo. I like the simplicity over the M06.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok so question for those more in the know. On my 2* aluminum Tamiya rear uprights it has upper and lower holes on both the hinge pin end and the camber link section. So the when would one use the upper hole of the 2 on the hinge pin side? What benefit would it give or adjustment would it make to the car?

Jason
Old 03-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fresnojay
Ok so question for those more in the know. On my 2* aluminum Tamiya rear uprights it has upper and lower holes on both the hinge pin end and the camber link section. So the when would one use the upper hole of the 2 on the hinge pin side? What benefit would it give or adjustment would it make to the car?

Jason
1. Never
2. None
3. Raise the chassis ride height 3-4mm. For off road only.

On the camber link side, you get more camber gain on with the upper hole. Whether you use one or the other depends on what your car is doing. For the most part, the upper hole is the better choice.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Wonder if they are like the ones in my M05ra?

Getting all ready for the enduro class, eh?

We had a awesome day at Hobbytown Fresno today. I TQ by some rediclously small margin, blew one corner on the first lap, and was looking at tail lights for most of the rest of the race as Daniel and Jay sailed away. Somehow I was able to get the lead back, but Daniel passed me fair and square with a couple of laps to go and beat me by two feet. Jay was close behind in third. I was ESTATIC to podium with a car that was for all intents and purposes a half a second a lap off the pace.

This class has really grown, and what makes me happy is the amount of information that is being shared at the track. Nobody's hiding secrets, everybody's working together, everybody is getting more competitive, and it's getting more fun. It's the best class in onroad!

Now if we could figure out what to do with the spec slash on asphalt....
Old 03-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Carlton, Not looking to go offroad at all, lol. Today was such a blast. It was the most fun I have had in mini in the longest time. You got on the podium with consistent driving and a decent setup.

Grandpa, Well looking to quell my loose rear end today. The car is handling awesome save for that.

Here is the new setup sheet. No roll bar.

Jason
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-mini-3-8-2014.jpg  

Last edited by fresnojay; 03-08-2014 at 09:47 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.