Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 05-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Do any of you who have upgraded your transmission gears shafts by chance have the short 5x21 mm shaft you'd like to sell or donate? I can't seem to find one stateside anywhere and somehow mine decided to occupy a place unknown to me. The part # is 13555048
Old 05-21-2013, 04:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
Do any of you who have upgraded your transmission gears shafts by chance have the short 5x21 mm shaft you'd like to sell or donate? I can't seem to find one stateside anywhere and somehow mine decided to occupy a place unknown to me. The part # is 13555048
I've got a collection of bits available including lots of M small parts.

Can you spot what you need in any of these pics? If so I'll fish it out for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/81ieubfi1rfylxt/UjCf8Dnu8N#/

List view will give you an indication of what the bits are.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

I didn't see it in that list but I ended up getting some hollow shafts for $4 shipped from Japan.

Dave
Old 05-21-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Many racers do upgrade this part, but hollow shafts or the carbon ones do not return any performance gain. This one is pure bling.

Another upgrade that doesn't return much are the stainless steel suspension pins. I do use them, but only the short ones that go on the outside. The stock screws should be used on the inside cause those large heads protect the suspension arms.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

if anyone in the CONUS had the solid pins I'd have used them but I couldn't find them.

Dave
Old 05-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

if anyone in the CONUS had the solid pins I'd have used them but I couldn't find them.

Dave
Sorry, wasn't being critical of your going to the hollow shafts. Just saying that this wasn't a critical performance oriented upgrade. This was a comment in general and not directed specifically at your decision to upgrade. Also, upgrading the shafts in your case, was probably a good choice cause if you could not buy the part separately you'd have to buy the whole bag.

You might want to try Speedtech RC or TQ Racing for Mini parts and upgrades. They both have a good stock of parts, good customer service, and shipping is much less costly and usually quicker. And I am not criticizing your decision to go overseas to buy the part. Just suggesting an alternate source that you might consider.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

I checked everywhere for the part locally first. I got the part # in the m05 manual and nobody, and I mean NOBODY in the US even listed it. None of the sites I searched locally even listed it (Amain, stormer, tq, etc.) I understand what you're saying though. I try to support the local vendors but some have rubbed me the wrong way lately so I've stopped using a few stateside vendors. I'm getting parts FASTER from HK and China than California from one vendor.

Dave
Old 05-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Looking for m05 blue chassis plastic parts. Anyone have one?
Old 05-21-2013, 11:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I checked everywhere for the part locally first. I got the part # in the m05 manual and nobody, and I mean NOBODY in the US even listed it. None of the sites I searched locally even listed it (Amain, stormer, tq, etc.) ... I try to support the local vendors but some have rubbed me the wrong way lately so I've stopped using a few stateside vendors. I'm getting parts FASTER from HK and China than California from one vendor.
That part is never sold individually. Generally, you have to buy the whole parts bag, if you can find one. The carbon shafts are a good replacement. Not to go into a (really long) rant, but N. American vendors need to pull their collective heads out of their asses. No stock, insane shipping costs, and terrible, slow service are what's going to kill them. If we can order stuff from HK or Australia at competitive prices, with cheaper, faster shipping, our domestic sources will die. I'm willing to pay a little more to buy local, but if the product/service isn't there, see ya. (I just got burned badly on shipping by Hobbypartz.com. $43, snail mail, for an ESC.)

Originally Posted by hanzo3
Looking for m05 blue chassis plastic parts. Anyone have one?
Building a shelf queen? There are loads of these on eBay and elsewhere, but at $30-$50 a pop, I wouldn't race 'em. (Tamiya 84224)
Old 05-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

It's available at Tamiya America here. It's also under part number 3555048
Old 05-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
That part is never sold individually. Generally, you have to buy the whole parts bag, if you can find one. The carbon shafts are a good replacement. Not to go into a (really long) rant, but N. American vendors need to pull their collective heads out of their asses. No stock, insane shipping costs, and terrible, slow service are what's going to kill them. If we can order stuff from HK or Australia at competitive prices, with cheaper, faster shipping, our domestic sources will die. I'm willing to pay a little more to buy local, but if the product/service isn't there, see ya. (I just got burned badly on shipping by Hobbypartz.com. $43, snail mail, for an ESC.)

Building a shelf queen? There are loads of these on eBay and elsewhere, but at $30-$50 a pop, I wouldn't race 'em. (Tamiya 84224)
Jim try falconsekido. They are the distributor in NA. Shipping to where you are looks to be cheaper. According to their site they are opening up in your neck of the woods soon.

Last edited by Sydewynder; 05-21-2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Brain fart leaving out words
Old 05-21-2013, 01:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Reeeeeally? That's interesting. Who do they distribute for? Last I heard, Horizon (The evil Galactic Empire) was handling Tamiya's US distribution and Borgfeldt is still the Canadian arm, for some reason.

Thanks for the heads up. Competition is good.

EDIT: Nevermind, just went to the FalconSEKIDO page. Ho did you know I'd ordered a HW ESC for my WGT? Been lurking again?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Reeeeeally? That's interesting. Who do they distribute for? Last I heard, Horizon (The evil Galactic Empire) was handling Tamiya's US distribution and Borgfeldt is still the Canadian arm, for some reason.

Thanks for the heads up. Competition is good.

EDIT: Nevermind, just went to the FalconSEKIDO page. Ho did you know I'd ordered a HW ESC for my WGT? Been lurking again?
I'm always looking out for ya.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Wow, I must be one of the lucky ones. Never had a problem with any of the US suppliers. I've used Speedtech, TQ, Tower, Stormer, Ampdraw and some others and some of the LHS. Sometimes the orders may have taken a few days longer to arrive than expected, but it's never been a big deal. And sometimes they did not have the parts, so have had to order directly from Tamiya.

I remember being shipped the wrong body once, but that turned out well cause it was a very good body that I would never have thought to try. I also know that one of my usual suppliers had a change in personnel that made orders shipping out a little slower than usual. A lot of the names familiar to us all, are little 2 or 3 people operations and they are, for the most part, doing their utmost to give us good service.

Cut them some slack. They are working on small margins and none of the small operations are getting rich doing this.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Now, there's an advantage you have: You can order from Tamiya directly. Prices aren't the best, but it is the source. There are some good suppliers. Some even offer decent shipping rates. I just ordered some stuff from A Main and I'm thinking what I'm paying for shipping is what they're paying for shipping. That's only fair.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.