R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2010, 07:12 AM   #13966
Tech Elite
 
mangoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,981
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Pooh bear does get rather hot under the collar sometimes!
__________________
Hot Bodies Cyclone!!!
www.smaracing.org
www.rchobbies.com.au - www.feralbatteries.com.au
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:21 AM   #13967
Tech Regular
 
daign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 307
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post
If you're in California you should be able to get parts for the Genetics, Fujin or Atomic cars. Socal has a group that runs the Genetic. Look for ABC Hobby USA / PPabalan on this site. HKS Hobby has support for the Atomic and Fujin cars. The Active A210SS car is pretty much defunct unless you want the get an OFNA JL12e which is the same as the Active A210DS. The Cup Racer needs some work/aftermarket parts to be competitive and improve its durability and even then some parts are just....not good. POS? It runs, but not raceable out of the box.
Tony G just doesn't like HPI since he wanted to switch to the Switch but found out it was not switchable.
Thanks. I don't race really, just have fun with friends. Guess I'll just have to get the M05 setup properly.

Is it going to handle 5.5t?
daign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #13968
Tech Regular
 
AudioStylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kenosha, WI
Posts: 497
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AudioStylz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daign View Post
Thanks. I don't race really, just have fun with friends. Guess I'll just have to get the M05 setup properly.

Is it going to handle 5.5t?
Heh, the chassis might but I don't think the plastic gears in the trans will last too long.

I know of a guy with a 21.5 in his M-05 and is constantly replacing something inside the diff yet he keeps talking about dropping in a 3.5 motor with a tekin rs pro esc........
__________________
Mike Zadler
Associated TC3 VTA & TC6 USGT
Tamiya M-05
AudioStylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #13969
Tech Elite
 
caltek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,354
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Thumbs up M CHASSIS REINFORCED GEAR SET

Tamiya will be releasing a new M chassis Reinforced gear set for the MO3/MO5 in mid January,(15th). This is already in the MO6 kit and is black in colour.

Part Number is 54277.

Regards,

calvin.
caltek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #13970
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NZ
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioStylz View Post
Heh, the chassis might but I don't think the plastic gears in the trans will last too long.

I know of a guy with a 21.5 in his M-05 and is constantly replacing something inside the diff yet he keeps talking about dropping in a 3.5 motor with a tekin rs pro esc........

Ive been running 9T brushless in mini's (M03, M05) for 1.5 years now, running allmost every weekend with zero gearbox/diff failures

5T would be a complete waste of time, it just wheelspins most of the time with a 9T. Lots of fun though.
tamiya tyres didnt last, Sweep tyres last pretty well : maybee a month.

However my stock/silvercan M05 broke off a plastic tooth on the internal gears. (edit)
So just luck of the draw I guess

Last edited by 1101; 12-28-2010 at 04:57 PM.
1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #13971
Tech Elite
 
caltek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,354
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

The cast alloy parts that are used in the gear diff are the parts that normally fail, especially when you place extra washers in it to create more friction. You need to clean the cast parts as they normally have a mold line around the centre three way piece and the end of the three small bevel gears. These are the reasons a gear diff binds. If you clean these with a hobby knife and sandpaper you will find the bevel gear diff will be smoother in action and last longer.

Later,

Calvin.

Last edited by caltek1; 12-28-2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: revised text
caltek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #13972
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,324
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltek1 View Post
Tamiya will be releasing a new M chassis Reinforced gear set for the MO3/MO5 in mid January,(15th). This is already in the MO6 kit and is black in colour.

Part Number is 54277.

Regards,

calvin.
Awesome.. is the new gears still LOUD???? . hahaha
__________________
ARC R10 2013
Wylie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:38 PM   #13973
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,213
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Having already used them...I'd suggest they're actually LOUDER...
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:02 PM   #13974
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 20
Thumbs up Anyone Help..

I am about to start building my m05 pro kit today. I have a ta03 ball diff to install, this diff looks way different to the one in the kit..Anyone have any links or tips on installing this into m05..

Thanks
COOPER S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #13975
Tech Regular
 
daign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 307
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioStylz View Post
Heh, the chassis might but I don't think the plastic gears in the trans will last too long.

I know of a guy with a 21.5 in his M-05 and is constantly replacing something inside the diff yet he keeps talking about dropping in a 3.5 motor with a tekin rs pro esc........
keep in mind I have a real 1:1 mini with 170whp.

I just want it to keep up with my other cars.
daign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:36 PM   #13976
Tech Regular
 
daign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 307
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post

Ive been running 9T brushless in mini's (M03, M05) for 1.5 years now, running allmost every weekend with zero gearbox/diff failures

5T would be a complete waste of time, it just wheelspins most of the time with a 9T. Lots of fun though.
tamiya tyres didnt last, Sweep tyres last pretty well : maybee a month.

However my stock/silvercan M05 broke off a plastic tooth on the internal gears. (edit)
So just luck of the draw I guess
I have a 13T. Maybe I'll try a 9t instead.
daign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #13977
jcr
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 394
Default

Just wondering if anyone have tried the HPI BMW 2002 TURBO http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/7215/ on the M05? How does it fit?
jcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:44 AM   #13978
Tech Regular
 
Tim K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 287
Default

If you have a cycling velodrome nearby that don't mind if you drive your mini there, then you can run a 5.5 turn easily, just make sure you spray some silicon/teflon spray on the gears to prevent the meltage ... also avoid jamming open the throttle or slamming the brakes on and your gears should last
Tim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:57 AM   #13979
Tech Addict
 
mutley001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOPER S View Post
I am about to start building my m05 pro kit today. I have a ta03 ball diff to install, this diff looks way different to the one in the kit..Anyone have any links or tips on installing this into m05..

Thanks
From what I recall it just builds up and fits in - don't think I had to make any modifications when i put mine in - its been in almost a year and still is smooth as silk! Hence why i can't really remember! Just make sure the gear on the diff goes in the correct chassis half to marry up with the gear that turns it - i think it's the right chassis half but don't quote me!

HIH

Paul
__________________
ARC R11 2017
ARC R10 2013
EA Motorsports www.teameamotorsports.com
Team EAM
mutley001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:32 AM   #13980
Tech Regular
 
daign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 307
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
If you have a cycling velodrome nearby that don't mind if you drive your mini there, then you can run a 5.5 turn easily, just make sure you spray some silicon/teflon spray on the gears to prevent the meltage ... also avoid jamming open the throttle or slamming the brakes on and your gears should last
daign is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Mini Cooper M-03L Hop-ups mini71 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-04-2016 11:07 AM
Tamiya Mini Cooper mach51 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 10 09-02-2011 12:08 AM
FS:TAMIYA Mini Cooper, TA 04S rthmotorsports R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-20-2007 09:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX and M03 Mini Cooper F/S Racer X79 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 12-22-2006 07:38 AM
Tamiya M01,02,03, or 04 Mini Cooper ccugolf.com R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 12-05-2004 08:55 PM


Tags
m03, m03r ules, m05, mini, tamiya


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:07 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0