R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2010, 11:21 PM   #13651
Tech Initiate
 
RCD211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia, Melbourne
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
Rear hubs can be handy, note they are toe in.

Personally, to limit the wander i have found that you put a fair amount of toe out on the front (not the rear).
Thanks for clearing that up.

Rhys
RCD211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #13652
Tech Apprentice
 
Herkimer Jitney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
This might well just be the Ultimate FWD Mini kit.
The CF-R M05 conversion from Tech Racing.





We've built it, we've driven it and the full story will be up in a few days. In the meantime, here's some pics to whet your appetite.


that is just the coolest mini i've ever seen. gotta get me one of them! i'm guessing the usual jap shops will have them
Herkimer Jitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:29 AM   #13653
Tech Regular
 
tudor_47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltek1 View Post
"What are the wheels??"

HPI X patterns, (PNo 4565) on mini rims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnutbag View Post
They're Tamiya 84158 rims.

RCmart has them: click
Thanks guys!
No I know what to shop for...

Oh!
are they any good on asphalt?

Thanks!
__________________
Xray T4-14 (BLS551,4.5T/8.5T, Spectrum), Xray X10-15 (Lajf Racing widened 235 4T, IRS)
Lajf Racing P28(LiPo, spectrum), Lajf Racing P28GT (LiPo, spectrum )
Xray X1(21,5T, spectrum) Tamiya M05(tamiya ESC, silver can, spectrum)

Go 235mm with X10 widening parts from www.lajf.se Get your P28 at www.lajf.se/pshop
tudor_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:23 AM   #13654
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudor_47 View Post
Thanks guys!
No I know what to shop for...

Oh!
are they any good on asphalt?

Thanks!
I'll let the rc-mini guys confirm, but I think the only reasons that wheel and tire combo appeared in the pics was because either they were the only spare tires they had kicking around or it was a good combo that just looked good.

There are lots of tires out there now that are great on asphalt. The HPI's have been somewhat surpassed these days. Still a good tire, but there's better around. Perhaps ask some people at your local track what they use?

As for wheels, the Tamiya flouro swift wheels are hard to beat in terms of value for money. Tough, bright, and cheap. US$5 for 4 wheels.
__________________
balance.rc.products@gmail.com
rcnutbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #13655
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,213
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I can pretty much guarantee that Tim put those wheels on because he's only just got them in stock now (http://www.m-chassis.com) and was showing them off!

The X patterns? Probably because they look good.
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #13656
Tech Regular
 
tudor_47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 345
Default

[QUOTE=rcnutbag;8243364] Perhaps ask some people at your local track what they use?QUOTE]

oh!, there is noone to ask, I am one of 2!! people running the mini... We do hope more people will see the light! it is easy and no too expensive.
I found the kit tires/rims to be OK on our track...

I think I will try some racing slicks from Rcmart next time. they come premounted and well not to expensive.

Thanks!
__________________
Xray T4-14 (BLS551,4.5T/8.5T, Spectrum), Xray X10-15 (Lajf Racing widened 235 4T, IRS)
Lajf Racing P28(LiPo, spectrum), Lajf Racing P28GT (LiPo, spectrum )
Xray X1(21,5T, spectrum) Tamiya M05(tamiya ESC, silver can, spectrum)

Go 235mm with X10 widening parts from www.lajf.se Get your P28 at www.lajf.se/pshop
tudor_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #13657
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
I think I will try some racing slicks from Rcmart next time. they come premounted and well not to expensive.

Thanks!
Yes RCmart will have pretty much any tire you would need. Most tires have different hardnesses available. For example ride tires are sold as soft, medium and hard (click). Normally you would use soft when the weather is cold or there is little traction on the track. Conversely, hard would be used in warmer/hot weather or very high traction tracks. Similarly, some manufacturers put a number with the tire that roughly suggests at what track temperature they would work best (click). I hope this helps a bit.
__________________
balance.rc.products@gmail.com
rcnutbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:38 PM   #13658
Tech Addict
 
gtfour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 657
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default slick tires

ABC Hobby tires are pretty grippy on all surfaces, including carpet, and does not wear out fast. You will have to use preferred tire sauce for carpet use.
__________________
www.activrc.com
gtfour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #13659
jcr
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 394
Default

the xpress mini tires are pretty good for me and cheap.
jcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:25 AM   #13660
Tech Regular
 
tudor_47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnutbag View Post
Yes RCmart will have pretty much any tire you would need. Most tires have different hardnesses available. For example ride tires are sold as soft, medium and hard (click). Normally you would use soft when the weather is cold or there is little traction on the track. Conversely, hard would be used in warmer/hot weather or very high traction tracks. Similarly, some manufacturers put a number with the tire that roughly suggests at what track temperature they would work best (click). I hope this helps a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfour93 View Post
ABC Hobby tires are pretty grippy on all surfaces, including carpet, and does not wear out fast. You will have to use preferred tire sauce for carpet use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr View Post
the xpress mini tires are pretty good for me and cheap.
Thanks All!
__________________
Xray T4-14 (BLS551,4.5T/8.5T, Spectrum), Xray X10-15 (Lajf Racing widened 235 4T, IRS)
Lajf Racing P28(LiPo, spectrum), Lajf Racing P28GT (LiPo, spectrum )
Xray X1(21,5T, spectrum) Tamiya M05(tamiya ESC, silver can, spectrum)

Go 235mm with X10 widening parts from www.lajf.se Get your P28 at www.lajf.se/pshop
tudor_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:33 AM   #13661
Tech Fanatic
 
glide 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Posts: 760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
This might well just be the Ultimate FWD Mini kit.
The CF-R M05 conversion from Tech Racing.





We've built it, we've driven it and the full story will be up in a few days. In the meantime, here's some pics to whet your appetite.

Very nice sir, looking forward to hearing the full story already.
glide 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:05 PM   #13662
Tech Addict
 
Zac_with_no_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 598
Questions??

I just got my M-05 kit in the mail and I was reading the manual. At some parts is shows different steps for M0-5 M, L and S..

Just wondering which one I'm supposed to build??

Also, does anyone happen to have a link for bearing replacement sets? For all 12 of the plastic BA18 and 6 of the BA19+BA20

Anything helps
Thanks.
__________________
TA05v.II
Tamiya M-05
SC10 Brushless RTR
Zac_with_no_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #13663
jcr
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_with_no_K View Post
I just got my M-05 kit in the mail and I was reading the manual. At some parts is shows different steps for M0-5 M, L and S..

Just wondering which one I'm supposed to build??

Also, does anyone happen to have a link for bearing replacement sets? For all 12 of the plastic BA18 and 6 of the BA19+BA20

Anything helps
Thanks.
It depends what wheelbase you want to build, you follow a specific one. What body does it come with? That pretty much determine your wheelbase.

Bearings: http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tam...s-p-29027.html
jcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #13664
Tech Addict
 
Zac_with_no_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr View Post
It depends what wheelbase you want to build, you follow a specific one. What body does it come with? That pretty much determine your wheelbase.

Bearings: http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tam...s-p-29027.html
Thanks for the quick reply!
The body looks like an old model mini cooper I think..
Don't know what it's called exactly
__________________
TA05v.II
Tamiya M-05
SC10 Brushless RTR
Zac_with_no_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #13665
jcr
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_with_no_K View Post
Thanks for the quick reply!
The body looks like an old model mini cooper I think..
Don't know what it's called exactly
The old mini cooper? Then you'll need to build it to the 'S' model.
jcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Mini Cooper M-03L Hop-ups mini71 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-04-2016 11:07 AM
Tamiya Mini Cooper mach51 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 10 09-02-2011 12:08 AM
FS:TAMIYA Mini Cooper, TA 04S rthmotorsports R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-20-2007 09:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX and M03 Mini Cooper F/S Racer X79 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 12-22-2006 07:38 AM
Tamiya M01,02,03, or 04 Mini Cooper ccugolf.com R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 12-05-2004 08:55 PM


Tags
m03, m03r ules, m05, mini, tamiya


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:30 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0