R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #12466
Tech Addict
 
academygaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 718
Default

Any sources of the Venom green alloy and carbon parts that won't cost silly money to ship worldwide?
__________________
Quote, Leodis, 2007: ''I've been shopping online for 9 years and the only charge I've ever had to dispute with my credit card company was from TiR. Congratulations TiR. Even porn sites are more ethical than your company!''

RC cars - I haz sum.
academygaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #12467
Tech Master
 
M03Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Great Lakes
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

What determines a good ESC for a brushless motor I found a great deal that seems too good to be true. I found a Tacon 2230KV motor with a Hobbywing EZRUN 25A-SL-H (version2.0) ESC would this combo work or would I need a bigger Amped ESC.
M03Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #12468
Tech Master
 
M03Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Great Lakes
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

I found out that I need at least a 40A ESC for the 2230KV motor.
M03Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #12469
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M03Racer View Post
I found out that I need at least a 40A ESC for the 2230KV motor.
Not true.

Hobbywing has a 35A esc with a 9T - 4300kv combo.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:59 AM   #12470
Tech Regular
 
RossoTorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Euro-Thrash
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

And 25A ESC with 3300kv is also no problem, i run that on my M04.
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:24 AM   #12471
Tech Master
 
M03Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Great Lakes
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoTorro View Post
And 25A ESC with 3300kv is also no problem, i run that on my M04.
So is that means that a 25A ESC can handle a 2230KV motor if so the guy that gave me the information was trying to make me buy a more expensive ESC.
M03Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:41 AM   #12472
Tech Regular
 
RossoTorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Euro-Thrash
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Yes, 25A is more than enough. I have even used a 18A ESC on 3000kv motor.
It got a little warm but not thermal.
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #12473
Tech Addict
 
academygaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M03Racer View Post
So is that means that a 25A ESC can handle a 2230KV motor if so the guy that gave me the information was trying to make me buy a more expensive ESC.
Or he thinks you're going to run it with a 4wd car like a touring car or buggy. Minis are a lot lighter and have a lot less friction, so don't have as much of an amp draw, so you can get away with lower-spec ESCs.
__________________
Quote, Leodis, 2007: ''I've been shopping online for 9 years and the only charge I've ever had to dispute with my credit card company was from TiR. Congratulations TiR. Even porn sites are more ethical than your company!''

RC cars - I haz sum.
academygaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #12474
Tech Master
 
M03Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Great Lakes
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by academygaz View Post
Or he thinks you're going to run it with a 4wd car like a touring car or buggy. Minis are a lot lighter and have a lot less friction, so don't have as much of an amp draw, so you can get away with lower-spec ESCs.
No he was out to make more money cause I told him that it was for a M04 chassis. But I found a better deal on a 45A ESC its only a few bucks more then the 25A ESC but its in Hong Kong so the long wait for shipping starts that's the only thing I hate when buying from Hong Kong.
M03Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #12475
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,127
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

New black color shock & White color spring
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya mini cooper-ta-84117.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-ta-84118.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #12476
Tech Master
 
M03Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Great Lakes
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

So I ordered the Tacon 2230KV motor with the 45A ESC. The whole combo cost me about seventy dollars, not bad considering I purchased both separate because it only cost me four dollars more for the 40A ESC compared to the 25V ESC with shipping. Now to test them when I get them I will post pics installed in my M04 chassis.
M03Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #12477
Tech Fanatic
 
tiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 937
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tiko
Default

Hi I started practicing on carpet for the first time. I would like to know what kind of tire and insert combination are recommended for the carpet track. I have a M05 with Tamiya hop-ups. The car handles fairly well on asphalt but on carpet the rear end is to loose off-power. Right when I start to turn in to the corner car spins out. I donít have to use Tamiya items so any brand will do. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
tiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #12478
Tech Master
 
andrew-01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 1,210
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiko View Post
Hi I started practicing on carpet for the first time. I would like to know what kind of tire and insert combination are recommended for the carpet track. I have a M05 with Tamiya hop-ups. The car handles fairly well on asphalt but on carpet the rear end is to loose off-power. Right when I start to turn in to the corner car spins out. I don’t have to use Tamiya items so any brand will do. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I imagine your running at TQ in Chino. When I ran there last week I tried a few different setups. Some guys were saying Tamiya 60 D's with Sweep sauce was good. My buddies ran ABC tires with Jack the Gripper on rear but ended up switching to Sweep X2.
I preferred to run Sweep 33deg with pink inserts, sauced with Sweep X1. Half inside of front, full rear for 15min before run, then cleaning with the Sweep X1 after the run.
Hit a 14.7 and a hand full of 14.8's as well and feel like I can go much faster.
Shock oil was:
50 front-2 hole piston-full droop-yellow springs,
45 rear-2 hole piston-full droop-blue springs.
__________________
ANDRXW.com

Last edited by andrew-01; 06-06-2010 at 09:58 PM.
andrew-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #12479
Tech Fanatic
 
tiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 937
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tiko
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew-01 View Post
I imagine your running at TQ in Chino. When I ran there last week I tried a few different setups. Some guys were saying Tamiya 60 D's with Sweep sauce was good. My buddies ran ABC tires with Jack the Gripper on rear but ended up switching to Sweep X2.
I preferred to run Sweep 33deg with pink inserts, sauced with Sweep X1. Half inside of front, full rear for 15min before run, then cleaning with the Sweep X1 after the run.
Hit a 14.7 and a hand full of 14.8's as well and feel like I can go much faster.
Shock oil was:
50 front-2 hole piston-8.5mm ride-full droop-yellow springs,
45 rear-2 hole piston-9mm ride-full droop-blue springs.
Hi Andrew, yes you are correct about TQ. Yesterday I tried all my Tamiya tires with different inserts and the car was okay with the S-Grips but when I went to slicks thatís when it started spinning out. Thanks for the info on the tires and all I donít have any of does but Iíll get some to try it out.
tiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #12480
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

my M05 was planted indoors with tamiya tyres

i will look for my set up sheet for ya
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Mini Cooper M-03L Hop-ups mini71 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-04-2016 11:07 AM
Tamiya Mini Cooper mach51 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 10 09-02-2011 12:08 AM
FS:TAMIYA Mini Cooper, TA 04S rthmotorsports R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-20-2007 09:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX and M03 Mini Cooper F/S Racer X79 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 12-22-2006 07:38 AM
Tamiya M01,02,03, or 04 Mini Cooper ccugolf.com R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 12-05-2004 08:55 PM


Tags
m03, m03r ules, m05, mini, tamiya


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0