R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #11911
Tech Elite
 
stitchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,794
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoTorro View Post
Here's a small video of 2 guys practice racing at our club that goes a little out of control.
Watch how the driver of the blue BMW 2006 M05 cuts corners, he does that ALOT! I have told him many times to stop it, and not race the leader of the race! When we put him a lap down in the races he cuts us off to makes us crash!
He usally finish 3 - 4 laps down on the top 3 everytime.

We have stopped inviting him to race, practice he can first (Joda talk )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkBVYCmBXDw
maybe you need some harder barriers
__________________
Speedtechhobbies.com
stitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #11912
Tech Master
 
trerc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,821
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchy View Post
maybe you need some harder barriers
Yea no kidding, that was just horrible, I did notice everyone was real careful not to miss the loop tho.
__________________
If it smells burnt up.. it's more than likely hot.. you don't have to touch it..
trerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #11913
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i am having problems with the M05

for the last few weeks it has been chewing gearboxes , 1st i thought it was just the 3Racing gears being too soft/hard but then a tried 2 sets of tamiya ones for our 6 hours race and they are now dust

there is no sign of wear in the chassis the bearings are new , the pinion is a new tamiya one and the shafts are not bent

i can see no reason for the damage , i have tried various oils/greases inside the gearbox but nothing seams to help

any ideas guys ???

sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #11914
Tech Master
 
trerc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,821
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
i am having problems with the M05

for the last few weeks it has been chewing gearboxes , 1st i thought it was just the 3Racing gears being too soft/hard but then a tried 2 sets of tamiya ones for our 6 hours race and they are now dust

there is no sign of wear in the chassis the bearings are new , the pinion is a new tamiya one and the shafts are not bent

i can see no reason for the damage , i have tried various oils/greases inside the gearbox but nothing seams to help

any ideas guys ???

Have you tried not using any grease at all? I know some plastics are considered self lubricating as they heat up and additional lubrication will just break them down.
__________________
If it smells burnt up.. it's more than likely hot.. you don't have to touch it..
trerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #11915
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,938
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hi Phil, have you tried the M03 gears (dirty white color) instead of the M05 (very white gears)? Though I've not had any problems with either.
__________________
www.rccartips.com
www.f1rccars.com
www.f1rcclub.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/rccartips/
http://www.facebook.com/RCCarTipsFan
rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #11916
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccartips View Post
Hi Phil, have you tried the M03 gears (dirty white color) instead of the M05 (very white gears)? Though I've not had any problems with either.
these are the M03 gear sets

thought they were the same number as the M05

hmmm maybe this is the problem
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #11917
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
these are the M03 gear sets

thought they were the same number as the M05

hmmm maybe this is the problem
If you lock the diff so its like a spool it will cause a lot of stress on the drive train. Clipping corners and hitting things will make it worse since there's no "diff action" to give so something will break.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #11918
Tech Regular
 
RossoTorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Euro-Thrash
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trerc View Post
Yea no kidding, that was just horrible, I did notice everyone was real careful not to miss the loop tho.
Yeah, tell me about it.... Will post of a race with the rest of us later.
Then you can see we are not so bad racers...

I posted new best time with m-chassi at our last meeting. The record was 10.050 sec. My new time was 10.020...
.030 sec improvment, it's close at the top. Normal race you get best lap of 10.100 sec and average 10.600 sec on 20 laps.
We run laps and not time races. And no cutting corners.
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #11919
Tech Regular
 
Official's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 474
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Have encountered this problem before. Drilled some holes into the chassis to at the gear housing side to cool the gears down and no such problem since.
don't mind giving it a try guys. If regulation at your state allows.
Make it work like a scoop vents on the under side works the best.
__________________
Chassis :4WD = CEFX Photon,TA-05|2WD = Xevo, M05PRO, FF-03Pro, Kysho Evola M3, Kyosho V-One RRR Shimo, Team C TC02
ESC :Brushless - Tekin RS-Pro, Keyence Tachyon|Brushed - Tekin FX-Pro
www.hiro-seiko.com ; www.cefx.net
e-mail: officialracing@gmail.com
Official is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #11920
Tech Master
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

hey guys
anyone here got any good info tips/setups or know of sites relating to the TN05 which is the TA05 4wd mini conversion kit.

Thanks

---
Brad.
__________________
B.Portelli
Hyper RC - Metro Hobbies - RAB Hobbies - Wild Turbo Fans
Off road - Schumacher - R1Wurks Australia (Coupon Code - R1BP5%)
On road - Race Opt - Team Powers
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:12 AM   #11921
Tech Fanatic
 
colt1402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 848
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)arkness View Post
hey guys
anyone here got any good info tips/setups or know of sites relating to the TN05 which is the TA05 4wd mini conversion kit.

Thanks

---
Brad.
TN-05 conversion kit?!? That's a very RARE kit money can buy!! keep it for self-queen!!!!! Too pretty to run it...
__________________
*************************Addicted To RC*************************
colt1402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:19 AM   #11922
Tech Fanatic
 
colt1402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 848
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post
If you lock the diff so its like a spool it will cause a lot of stress on the drive train. Clipping corners and hitting things will make it worse since there's no "diff action" to give so something will break.
Our phil is running 3racing ball-diff. So it shoudn't cause any problem.

Btw Phil, how long/many minute do you run each time? If anything more than 10 minute, think you should need a stop watch while driving. Anything more than 10min of run, the heat in our enclose gear box won't be able to take the heat.
__________________
*************************Addicted To RC*************************
colt1402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:14 AM   #11923
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt1402 View Post
Our phil is running 3racing ball-diff. So it shoudn't cause any problem.

Btw Phil, how long/many minute do you run each time? If anything more than 10 minute, think you should need a stop watch while driving. Anything more than 10min of run, the heat in our enclose gear box won't be able to take the heat.
It was our 6hours race , i was running a gear diff tightened , this is now powdered , there was only 2 cars with gearbox problems , even my girlfriends m03 was ok with the 3racing gears in it !!!
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:44 AM   #11924
Tech Fanatic
 
colt1402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 848
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
It was our 6hours race , i was running a gear diff tightened , this is now powdered , there was only 2 cars with gearbox problems , even my girlfriends m03 was ok with the 3racing gears in it !!!
Erm, i bet ur girlfriendS group of driving style is not as hard as your??
__________________
*************************Addicted To RC*************************
colt1402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:47 AM   #11925
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt1402 View Post
Erm, i bet ur girlfriendS group of driving style is not as hard as your??
No i dont think it was but it is embasing that her team finished 3rd and we ( 4 quick touring car drivers) finished 5th

I will be fitting the 3Racing gears and ball diff back into it tonight and testing outdoors on thursday so i hope no more gearbox issues
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Mini Cooper M-03L Hop-ups mini71 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-04-2016 11:07 AM
Tamiya Mini Cooper mach51 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 10 09-02-2011 12:08 AM
FS:TAMIYA Mini Cooper, TA 04S rthmotorsports R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-20-2007 09:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX and M03 Mini Cooper F/S Racer X79 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 12-22-2006 07:38 AM
Tamiya M01,02,03, or 04 Mini Cooper ccugolf.com R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 12-05-2004 08:55 PM


Tags
m03, m03r ules, m05, mini, tamiya


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:39 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0