Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 03-03-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustMe2
Has anyone tried this HPI Mazda Miata body?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mazda-MX-5-Miata...item563a16a4cc

Might have to go to the short chassis just to get a good looking body for my car.

COME ON TAMIYA, WAKE UP!!! Other manufactures have.

Btw, the HPI Miata body shell was more brittle than Tamiya's. IMHO
Old 03-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CARD

Btw, the HPI Miata body shell was more brittle than Tamiya's. IMHO
My experience with HPI bodies is the same. I tried twice and both times they just shatterred in minor crashes as if they were made of glass. I gave up and actually sold the Miata body out of my kit straight away.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billjacobs
If you don't want an $8 aluminum handled screwdriver that will fit the tamiya screws perfectly, don't get one. The person asked for help in finding a perfect screwdriver for tamiya screws, and you can't get more perfect than that. Tamiya tools, just like hudy tools are expensive. If you can get a $24 driver for $8, that's even better.

Jeez.
Lighten up Francis

No one here peed in your corn flakes.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by woodys3b
After reading the last 100 pages of this thread, I started to build my M05. The upgrades I am using are:

2. Diff and CVDs. I'm happy with how the gear diff feels after assembling it with one extra shim and anti-wear grease and will probably not upgrade to the ball diff. However, I would like to use blades on the inside end of the cvd shafts. Are there any diff cups that fit into the M05 gear diff that have wider slots in them to accept the blades? Will this be the only reason I should upgrade to the Tamiya ball diff? Also, with the CVDs installed and the O rings in the diff cups, It seems that the O rings are too thick. They are pushing the CVD shafts out into the front steering knuckles too much. I even used the clear O rings as mentioned a few times in this thread. I'm tempted to Just remove them all together. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Andy
If you don't have access to a mill you can use a Dremel and cut off wheels to open up the slots in the outdrives to accomodate the blades. We've been doing that here for awhile now. You don't even have to use the Tamiya blades. I'm using some X-ray ones that were in the spare parts box. Not a perfect fit, but it works just fine.

Not a big fan of the M05 ball diff as the out drives appear to be too soft and wear quickly. I'm probably going back to the TA03 diff and modify the outdrives to accept blades.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billjacobs
If you don't want an $8 aluminum handled screwdriver that will fit the tamiya screws perfectly, don't get one. The person asked for help in finding a perfect screwdriver for tamiya screws, and you can't get more perfect than that. Tamiya tools, just like hudy tools are expensive. If you can get a $24 driver for $8, that's even better.
Jeez.
Lighten up Francis

No one here peed in your corn flakes.
BBBWWWAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Sorry, I was just amazed that Tamiya can sell a screw driver for $24, then clearance them for $8 and not feel guilty to publish they are making that type of profit, on a screw driver at that.

Thanks for the info on the HPI bodies. My son and I have the HPI Civic bodies now and they do seem thinner then most. Any other options for the mid(225mm) chassis or is the short(210mm) chassis good to run?
Old 03-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Steady people...steady! I was just asking a tool question!

Thanks for the "JIS" tip...I didn't know that. I'll dig around for something cheap...though I don't mind paying $8 for the Tamiya version if I can't find one. One more question, do you guys keep both the #1 and #2 in your box?
Old 03-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

MWB : suzuki swift, fiat 500/abarth.

I believe ABC Hobby also makes a Honda Civic and a new Subaru WRX.

Check the rcmini website for others, or do a couple of web searches.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My HPI civic has drywall tape and shoe goo on the front inside- works like a charm...
Old 03-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BadSign
My HPI civic has drywall tape and shoe goo on the front inside- works like a charm...
Mine too! Has great turn in!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

What servo are you guys running, I'm currently running a Futaba s9550 and may be looking to try something different, just poking for some ideas, thanks.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

futaba 3003.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fleetmaster
MWB : suzuki swift, fiat 500/abarth.

I believe ABC Hobby also makes a Honda Civic and a new Subaru WRX.

Check the rcmini website for others, or do a couple of web searches.
Fleetmaster,

I'm really diggin your avitar. Is that a real car or the HPI 510 body? The color reminds me of the Dodge Challanger Trans-Am cars back in the day. Any chance I could get a larger version of your avitar? This might be my next mini body. Imatation is the best form of flattery

Thanks
Andy
Old 03-04-2010, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Granpa
If you don't have access to a mill you can use a Dremel and cut off wheels to open up the slots in the outdrives to accomodate the blades. We've been doing that here for awhile now. You don't even have to use the Tamiya blades. I'm using some X-ray ones that were in the spare parts box. Not a perfect fit, but it works just fine.

Not a big fan of the M05 ball diff as the out drives appear to be too soft and wear quickly. I'm probably going back to the TA03 diff and modify the outdrives to accept blades.
Thanks Granpa,

Good advice. I'll give it a shot.

Andy
Old 03-04-2010, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Fleetmaster,

I'm really diggin your avitar. Is that a real car or the HPI 510 body? The color reminds me of the Dodge Challanger Trans-Am cars back in the day. Any chance I could get a larger version of your avitar? This might be my next mini body. Imatation is the best form of flattery

Thanks
Andy
It's straight off HPI website and its an AWESOME looking body!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-datsun.jpg  
Old 03-04-2010, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trerc
It's straight off HPI website and its an AWESOME looking body!
Anyone know if this body will go right on an M05? Wheelbase looks correct for a long wheel base chassis. What about width.

The HPI 911 cup racer body sure looks good as well. Same questions about that.

Thanks
Andy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.