R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #10156
Tech Champion
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,387
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

So, how bout some setup tips for the M05.

Runnin at the Tamiya track in Aliso Viejo, home of the 09 Nats.

Just got it, no TRF mini shocks yet but they're comin.

Antiwear grease and an extra shim in the gear diff (no ball diff yet, although this years champ didn't need one )

S Grip Radials also comin.

So far only know bout some med/blue stock foams for the rear
Touring car foams (med.) cut down and pushed against the tire with med. to firm mini foams underneath em against the rim.

How bout oils, pistons, springs front and rear,
ride heights,weight, placements and grammage...

And how do you get it to track straight?
I shimmed the steering + bearings, good servo and NO servo saver.
Toe out? 1-2 degrees?

I also have the suspension play in the camberlinks taken care of, no shims needed to fix this, I used a trick for this from an old school application.
Can pm for details if you want.

Anyway, anything M05 specific would be greatly appreciated since we're all just getting started with these rockets.

Thanks,
Craig---F N CUDA
__________________
Craig Hammon
F N CUDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #10157
Tech Elite
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Secret Underground Laboratory
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Calvin-
Something in the e-mail you sent me locked up my PC. Just send me a BLANK e-mail message with your addy and I'll respond.
__________________
I've never lost.
I've just been a little bit behind when time ran out...

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:06 PM   #10158
Tech Elite
 
caltek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,354
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Doc,

Done. Apologies not much in the E-mail I sent.

Regards,

Calvin.
caltek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #10159
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,127
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

fast gear set for M05
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya mini cooper-3r-m05-02a.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #10160
Tech Regular
 
RossoTorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Euro-Thrash
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
fast gear set for M05
Your site is so slow, it's a pain to look at!

Anyone tested foams on M05?
We run Xpress and Yeah Racing 26 and 30 shore at our carpet track.
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #10161
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,127
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoTorro View Post
Your site is so slow, it's a pain to look at!

Anyone tested foams on M05?
We run Xpress and Yeah Racing 26 and 30 shore at our carpet track.
HK no people use foam tire
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #10162
Tech Elite
 
caltek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,354
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
fast gear set for M05
Just what we didn't want to see. Oh well more reason for teching cars on race day. If it fits the MO5, it will fit the MO3.

Regards,

Calvin.

Last edited by caltek1; 09-15-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: xtra text
caltek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #10163
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 5,843
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Great, new cheater gears. Teching these things on an M-05 is going to be a pain in the a$$.

Jim
__________________
Stab it and steer.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:01 AM   #10164
Tech Elite
 
caltek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,354
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Part numbers for the new Tamiya MO5 Hopups, being released Dec:

54191 M05 Aluminum Racing Steering
54192 M05 Aluminum Steering Rod
54193 M05 Steering Post

Can only hope the release date is brought forward. I do like the new Fiat Abarth shell though.

Regards,

Calvin.

Last edited by caltek1; 09-17-2009 at 02:05 AM. Reason: revised text
caltek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:04 AM   #10165
Tech Elite
 
caltek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,354
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Now that looks better than the standard Tamiya Fiat.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya mini cooper-fiat-abarth.jpg  
caltek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:08 AM   #10166
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,918
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltek1 View Post
Now that looks better than the standard Tamiya Fiat.
yeah, that body does look a lot better - I'll conider getting one once they are available

anyone know when the m05 motor plate is going to be available?? I saw it on Tamiyausa's site, but no dates were listed
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:12 AM   #10167
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,918
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F N CUDA View Post
So, how bout some setup tips for the M05.

Runnin at the Tamiya track in Aliso Viejo, home of the 09 Nats.

Just got it, no TRF mini shocks yet but they're comin.

Antiwear grease and an extra shim in the gear diff (no ball diff yet, although this years champ didn't need one )

S Grip Radials also comin.

So far only know bout some med/blue stock foams for the rear
Touring car foams (med.) cut down and pushed against the tire with med. to firm mini foams underneath em against the rim.

How bout oils, pistons, springs front and rear,
ride heights,weight, placements and grammage...

And how do you get it to track straight?
I shimmed the steering + bearings, good servo and NO servo saver.
Toe out? 1-2 degrees?

I also have the suspension play in the camberlinks taken care of, no shims needed to fix this, I used a trick for this from an old school application.
Can pm for details if you want.

Anyway, anything M05 specific would be greatly appreciated since we're all just getting started with these rockets.

Thanks,
Craig---F N CUDA
i'd be interested in hearing some setup ideas for the m05 I have one arriving on Friday and like to get a fair setup on it before I race it on the Oct 18th
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:12 AM   #10168
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
yeah, that body does look a lot better - I'll conider getting one once they are available

anyone know when the m05 motor plate is going to be available?? I saw it on Tamiyausa's site, but no dates were listed
Available tomorrow in Hong Kong apparently
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:13 AM   #10169
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 743
Default

I recall seeing something about 19 September

Ooops canon was quicker than me
__________________
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ R1 Wurks 13.5
Xray X12 2016 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Orca TX 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:46 AM   #10170
Tech Elite
 
caltek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,354
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Skitee,,

The Tamiya motor mount etc were released in Japan today.

k_bojar and F N CUDA,

Some MO5 setups have been posted on this thread and the Australian mini thread already. Might pay to have a troll through the pages. I know I have put some comments in both threads. I am still experimenting, like others with my cars. I have a MO5M and a MO5L both with different setups and tyres.

Regards,

Calvin.
caltek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Mini Cooper M-03L Hop-ups mini71 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-04-2016 11:07 AM
Tamiya Mini Cooper mach51 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 10 09-02-2011 12:08 AM
FS:TAMIYA Mini Cooper, TA 04S rthmotorsports R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-20-2007 09:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX and M03 Mini Cooper F/S Racer X79 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 12-22-2006 07:38 AM
Tamiya M01,02,03, or 04 Mini Cooper ccugolf.com R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 12-05-2004 08:55 PM


Tags
m03, m03r ules, m05, mini, tamiya


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0