R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-02-2006, 07:49 AM   #991
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FW-05RR
I need help with painting the roof of my Rover Mini Cooper shell. It came with masking tape for the windows but none for the roof Anyways I want to paint the roof white but I'm really confused as to how to go about it. Is there a templete out there already made that I can download.. I really don't want to screw my paint job up someone that has painted their roof on their mini's white can you give me any hints as to how to do it..

thx
Paint the dark colours first and mask the windows and roof well. Then when you're happy with the paint job, remove the roof's masking tape and paint it white but keep the windows masked. Finally remove them and smoke tint it! These instructions only valid if you are mot painting flames or other designs...
rccollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:21 AM   #992
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to cat007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccollect
Thanks for the specs but I wanted to ask if anyone tried it and found it better than the olde silver can?
Andrew, the M-tuned works well on M01,M02 but not good on M03, IMO.

the M-tuned has half the torque thus they only recommend 16T, the RPm is not very attractive too, so i would say on par with silver can.

The only situation that will put into good use for this motor would be running a 2hr endurance race on a very short and technical track due to its weight.

want one?? let me know
My car is digital & smoke free, a diversified multiple post cultural hybrid but politically & ecologically incorrect. So fast it can give u a gigabyte in a nanosecond. It interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace so its been uplinked, downloaded, imported, exported & outsourced. Runs on Air, mixed with Nitro methane & Lithium Polymer, its tribrid not hybrid so its interactive, hyperactive & once a month its radioactive. High speed, high torque, high resolution, all using low tech materials. Its wireless so its tireless & it comes with an unlimited broadband capacity at 2.4Ghz. It has ABS ATV ATL FHM RPM MIA DSM GPS FBI BBC ABC DC AC CEO CNC ICS PHD all on one LCD. It can broadcast, podcast, telecast, multicast, cablecast, simulcast all in HD. Hop up include a voice activated plug-in with regenerative capabilities that is also biodegradable. Most important it crosses the finish line.

Specification subject to change without notice.

In memory of Uncle George Carlin
cat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #993
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat007
Andrew, the M-tuned works well on M01,M02 but not good on M03, IMO.

the M-tuned has half the torque thus they only recommend 16T, the RPm is not very attractive too, so i would say on par with silver can.

The only situation that will put into good use for this motor would be running a 2hr endurance race on a very short and technical track due to its weight.

want one?? let me know
WOW! you really keep spares for every Mini option part!
Old 01-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #994
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Some one posted a note somewhere in here about a 4 wheel drive mini.....
Using a TL01 chassis.... Does any one have the link?

THX
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:16 PM   #995
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jaimzer

Just wondering what my Mini Cooper MO3 is worth.
Thought I would as here first.

Comes with standard servo, couple sets of tires, tuned motor, spare tranny gears (2 sets), 3 nicely painted bodies, could include Futaba 2PH radio and reciever.

Let me know what you guys think.

If anyone may be interested shoot me an offer.
jaimzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #996
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is a 4wd mini cooper made form a Ta02 , http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_m...29251&sid=4190

I have also seen one made from 2 M03 chassis , with dual motors , it was really nice , i will look for it later . I lost the link .

Tamiya MO3 Mini Cooper
Tamiya Falcon
Mr.Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:32 AM   #997
Tech Apprentice

Talking 4WD Mini

There used to be a TECH Racing conversion kit, I read somewhere but not sure if its for M-01, M-02 only or the M-03 can use it as well...
Old 01-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #998
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (99%+)
Talking mini

Got my 2nd win with a M03L 1st TCS Cinci and TQed and won the Novak I love my MINI
Old 01-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #999
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customworksking
Got my 2nd win with a M03L 1st TCS Cinci and TQed and won the Novak I love my MINI
Can you please provide your set-up & option part listing (not that there are too many variables)...Just getting into Mini racing and would like a good set-up...thanks
Old 01-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #1000
Tech Elite

Default His and Hers Hobbies In Kenosha Wisconsin

Looks like they're starting a Mini class up in Kenosha. Here's the post from another RCtech.net thread...in case anyone is interested:

"This thread is located at:
His And Hers Hobbies Kenosha Wi.

Here is the message that has just been posted:
To start with, the mini's will be running on Saturday evenings (about 5:30) with the Touring cars. If these become as popular as they seem like they will be (we have 5 right now and 5 more that have "said" they are going to run with us) we can then add a race night if need be to accomodate a night that will be better for others as well.

I would also like to build an 1/18th scale class on the touring track....then we could host a race night of just Mini's and 1/18th scalers

If you haven't seen the mini's run yet, come on down this Saturday evening. We will have 4 or 5 this Saturday running, 1 or 2 will be hand-out cars. What I mean by that is I will be handing the controller over to someone different for each of the 3 qualifiers and then the fastest qualifying driver will get to drive it in the main.

Starting the following week (when the winter league begins) we will use those 2 cars as RENT-A-RACER's.... $15 bucks plus the entry fee and come run the car for an evening (they will have the bearing upgrade installed).

If you want to pick up a mini, we have deals that you simply can't beat! The Mini kit is just $88.99 (these are now coming with an electronic speed control), bearing upgrade (8-5x11mm & 2-5x8mm) is $18. Of course you will need a servo, receiver, crystal and transmitter which we have the Futaba 2PH for just $42.99 or the 2PL for just $69.99. Of course we do have other radios availabe and also the electronic components separately.... And of course we do have the RTR Mini's available for just $159.99.

We will be running the Tamiya racing rules and I am going to spec 3300 stick sport packs maximum (no matched packs, no 3700, 3800 or 4200 cells) as this is supposed to be a "spec" type class. I have these packs available for $25ea from Venom, they have been very good packs for us over the past year. They hold up and they perform well.

SOOOOOOO CALLING ALL MINI's!!!!!! LET"S GO RACING!!

Bill
His and Hers Hobbies"
chicagokenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:22 AM   #1001
rvs
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Some one posted a note somewhere in here about a 4 wheel drive mini.....
Using a TL01 chassis.... Does any one have the link?

THX
http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl...language_tools

Enjoy
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:28 AM   #1002
rvs
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccollect
There used to be a TECH Racing conversion kit, I read somewhere but not sure if its for M-01, M-02 only or the M-03 can use it as well...
It's only for M01 or M02.. not for M03.
There's full review on this product by Rccaraction on 1996...
I'll tell you later if I find the mag.

cheers
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:26 AM   #1003
Tech Initiate

Default Tamiya sport tuned motor

I have only now twigged that the local SA Tamiya M chassis class has been opened to the sport tuned motors, in line with the Asia rules, I gather.

With only experience of the Johnston and 20T stock pinion I would aprpeciate advice on the 23 Sport tuned motor, compared to the 27 Johnston:

1. Being only armed with the 1700 Sanyo's, will I still get the 5 minutes run time out of the hotter motor? (The rules have been expanded up to 2400 mah).

2. Would it be advisable to go to a smaller pinion tooth number to keep the car tractable and extend run time?

3. Will the hotter motor make the hardened pinion a must?

Thanks and regards
Dave in Durban
iti20090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:54 AM   #1004
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Kevin B. congrats on your win at Novak

I have a question about the diff in a Mini.

Some of the guys in the "A" at Novak had diffs that were almost locked up and others were smooth as glass. I run with a TA03 ball diff on carpet in my MO3L and I was wonder what is the advantage/disadvantage to running a loose or tight dif.
Steven Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:48 PM   #1005
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Need some help guys. Getting close to finishing my Cooper. On of the last things I need to do is build the shocks. I have a extra pair of the TRF shocks from my TC cars. Any pointers on building them.. Overal length and where did you meausre that from.The long or short eyelet for the bottom of the shock. I also bought the tamiya shock oil kit. 100-700 weight?? What should I use of on road pavment. I read 60wt for front and 40 for rear. Is that true and what would be the equilivant for Tamiya oil Thanks again!
tunnelhead is offline   Reply With Quote