R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-31-2005, 08:46 AM   #976
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default ball diff

Whats the strongest thing i can use to completely lock my mini ball diff? thanks!
speedemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:19 AM   #977
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (99%+)
Unhappy ball

u can't lock it sorry I tried.........trust me I know I won a tcs race with my mini
Old 12-31-2005, 12:38 PM   #978
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemall
Whats the strongest thing i can use to completely lock my mini ball diff? thanks!
I used TA03 ball diff and I removed it after I found out the pinion wear out quickly.

If you insist to lock the front diff, use gear diff and epoxy the gear. That's better and cheaper than TA03 ball diff.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:24 PM   #979
Tech Adept

Quote:
IMO... Your better of using the Ball Diff, I didn`t like the way my mini drove with a locked gear diff. Excessive wear on tyres, broken Uni`s & ect.

In my gear diff i just used "Shoe Goo"...worked great, & whats even better was when i wanted to change back to the gear diff it just peeled away from the bevels SO i didn`t have too replace them either

Cheers
Power by Feral
Sanwa MX-3 FHSS
NOZ69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:43 PM   #980
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i don't understand where to put the "Shoo goo" in the diff ? .... do I just open up the case and put a crap load of of it in there ? or is there a specific place to put it ? --- basically , i need some assistance in all area's relating to , putting shoo goo in the gear diff .

Sorry , and thank you ,

Tamiya MO3 Mini Cooper
Tamiya Falcon
Mr.Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:57 PM   #981
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pink
i don't understand where to put the "Shoo goo" in the diff ? .... do I just open up the case and put a crap load of of it in there ? or is there a specific place to put it ? --- basically , i need some assistance in all area's relating to , putting shoo goo in the gear diff .

Sorry , and thank you ,
OK... When you take your GEAR DIFF apart, you have the aluminium gears that go inside the big plastic gear..

You lay the plastic gear on your bench & put in the aluminium gears but leave the last round one out for the time being. Fill with Shoe Goo (I used a tooth pick to get the glue in all the "nooks & crannys") then put the last round aluminium gear in & the plastic cover piece & let dry.

The best part as i said about using Shoe Goo is that when you want to change back the gears just gear away from the glue.

Cheers
Power by Feral
Sanwa MX-3 FHSS
NOZ69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:25 PM   #982
Tech Master

I need help with painting the roof of my Rover Mini Cooper shell. It came with masking tape for the windows but none for the roof Anyways I want to paint the roof white but I'm really confused as to how to go about it. Is there a templete out there already made that I can download.. I really don't want to screw my paint job up someone that has painted their roof on their mini's white can you give me any hints as to how to do it..

thx
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:51 PM   #983
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FW-05RR
I need help with painting the roof of my Rover Mini Cooper shell. It came with masking tape for the windows but none for the roof Anyways I want to paint the roof white but I'm really confused as to how to go about it. Is there a templete out there already made that I can download.. I really don't want to screw my paint job up someone that has painted their roof on their mini's white can you give me any hints as to how to do it..

thx
MASKING TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 11:08 PM   #984
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOZ69
IMO... Your better of using the Ball Diff, I didn`t like the way my mini drove with a locked gear diff. Excessive wear on tyres, broken Uni`s & ect.

In my gear diff i just used "Shoe Goo"...worked great, & whats even better was when i wanted to change back to the gear diff it just peeled away from the bevels SO i didn`t have too replace them either

Cheers
Doesn't locking your diff make the car have less steering? I just use a ball diff.
rayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:18 AM   #985
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
MASKING TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks for the tips
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:57 AM   #986
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FW-05RR

thx
1. Mask the windows and roof off on the inside of the body.
2. Paint the body the colour you want.
3. Remove ONLY the masking tape on the roof. This will leave the roof clear.
4. Paint the roof white from the inside.
5. Remove the window masks once you have finished painting.

Or you could just follow Proline Painting Method: http://www.prolineracing.com/howtotips/painting-A.html
Old 01-01-2006, 08:36 AM   #987
Tech Apprentice

Talking Using ACTO-TUNED M-SP motor?

Just caught the Mini bug and bought a XB M-03 rolling chassis off a guy. Just curious as to anyone having tried this motor as it seems to have less weight due to its shorter length, wonder if there's any advantage in this design or its just plain old marketing at work?
rccollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 06:55 PM   #988
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccollect
Just caught the Mini bug and bought a XB M-03 rolling chassis off a guy. Just curious as to anyone having tried this motor as it seems to have less weight due to its shorter length, wonder if there's any advantage in this design or its just plain old marketing at work?
ACTO MOTOR SPECS:

Timing Adjustments:
Usable timing is from 4th gradation from the center and greater. Note the different directions of the timing for the M-01 and M-02 chassis.

SUITABLE PINION GEAR: 18T

**NOTE: Use 16T pinion for 60D size tires.**
speedemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #989
Tech Rookie

would a P2K motor fry my ESC ? on my M03
xXcoolrollinXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:45 AM   #990
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
ACTO MOTOR SPECS:

Timing Adjustments:
Usable timing is from 4th gradation from the center and greater. Note the different directions of the timing for the M-01 and M-02 chassis.

SUITABLE PINION GEAR: 18T

**NOTE: Use 16T pinion for 60D size tires.**
Thanks for the specs but I wanted to ask if anyone tried it and found it better than the olde silver can?
rccollect is offline   Reply With Quote