Originally Posted by DRAG_ON
What parts needed to upgrade M03 into M05? i already have most of the hop up in my M03M.
1) will ta03 ball diff fit straight without modifications in m05?
2) Can i use the M03 universal on M05?
3) can Hollow carbon shaft being used on M05?
4) M03 stabilizer set reusable in M05?
5) Quick release battery hop up can be used for M05?
What parts do i need to get to be able to convert M03 into M05? thanks in advance
Hey Drag on,
1) Yes, the TA03 ball diff works without modification in the M05
2) Yes, the M03 Universal works in the M05
3) Yes, the Hollow Carbon shafts work in the M05
4) no, the M03 stabilizer set doesn't appear to work on the M05
50 Yes, the Quick release hop up will fit.
1 qty 50579 (3x10 step screw)
1 qty 50797 (Short Adjuster)
1 qty 51389 (A parts Chassis)
1 qty 51390 (B parts Steering)
1 qty 51391 (C parts Suspension arms)
1 qty 51392 (D parts Damper stay)
1 qty 51393 (F parts Uprights) (Bearing supports required from this tree)
4 qty 850 bearing for steering
There is something on every tree that is needed for the M05, that can not be had from the M03.
The screw set is very different, but if you have many screws laying around you might have what you need. and in many cases they call for a longer screw, but the 3x10 could be used.
A couple of ball connector nuts are used on the rear suspension
The only other things I saw that was drastically different was the steering tie rods, and the steering link (servo to belcrank) the tie rods use a 3 x 12 threaded shaft like a droop screw on the sedans, and the steering link is a 3 x 89 threaded rod, that you can probably make from something found at a hobby store.
I would suggest going through the manual for yourself. here is the link to the M05 PRO manual.
If you have the M03R then your aluminum uprights (F=R) will drop right onto a M05
Hope this helps most everyone.